Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god

I did a run starting with the "you get 100% cosmic fragments, but no blessings"

then on the 2nd boss I got "Sacrifice fragments, get 25% crit damage for each 100 fragments"

long story short my characters all have +600% crit dmg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

It gets better when you realize that it's permanent for the run and you can grab that curio that replaces all of your curios with other curios

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I really, really, really need to prioritise building QQ right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQIkK048X20&t=325s

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the swarm SU has invigorated my interest in the game if anything

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Even with my Blade and Bronya team being very unoptimised (my blade has like 25% crit rate and I had to take off her speed boots because she was faster than everyone else) and Bronya only at 70, destruction mixed with preservation path and abundance blessings had a good mix of survivability and shielding along with the aoe damage for world 3.

I’m enjoying it a lot, but I’m casually chipping at it maybe one run every other day and I like the lore. I just wish it was possible to manually narrow down the events I’m missing, that’s the only rng really annoying me. I have so many I just never get.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

darkgray posted:

I really, really, really need to prioritise building QQ right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQIkK048X20&t=325s

i'm gonna end up buying an eidolon for her this month after all, huh?

well, who really needs those light cones...

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Difficulty IV feels way overtuned tbh, I imagine 5 will just 1-shot all my non tb chars lmao.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Haven't gotten to difficulty 4/5 yet but I imagine it's gonna be a double-support character situation

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My Difficulty V team was Destruction with Kafka, Sampo, March and Gepard. March only used shield to clear debuffs though, her main value was constantly spamming follow up attacks since Destruction has Elation as a secondary and freezing rear end in a top hat bugs to delay their splits.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

The difficulty spike from level 3 to 4 was HUGE for me, but once I got a handle on level 4 I went on and beat level 5 on the first try.

My Seele was doing 3.5 MILLION damage per ult and Geppard had 30k+ shields in the last battle and it was pretty LOL

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

difficulties 4 and 5 are defiinitely tuned for optimized characters that have accumulated some/most/all of the roguelite permanent bonuses from earlier runs

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Swarms haunt me. Went into an enhanced swarm node and had to quit and finalise after like 15 straight minutes of me almost but not quite managing to finish them all off close enough, them splitting back to more at full health and berserking but then not able to finish me off. I almost left it on auto just to see how long it would take for them to finally kill me but got bored.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

fun to learn the bonus vulnerability granted by the first boss is still applicable by silver wolf's skill. she will happily put, say, lightning vulnerability on the final boss even if it already has lightning vulnerability.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well I did it, hunt because of path nonsense.

Luocha died to a 2.9k dot tick so it feels overtuned still.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

coolusername posted:

Swarms haunt me. Went into an enhanced swarm node and had to quit and finalise after like 15 straight minutes of me almost but not quite managing to finish them all off close enough, them splitting back to more at full health and berserking but then not able to finish me off. I almost left it on auto just to see how long it would take for them to finally kill me but got bored.

The key I've found for non-boss Swarms is to just let them propagate/reinforce to 5 units, then AOE them down. You don't have to do it perfectly evenly as long as the highest HP Sting is less than like 80% HP and the others are low enough to set off a chain reaction. Then just kill the lowest-HP one and watch the booms.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zurai posted:

The key I've found for non-boss Swarms is to just let them propagate/reinforce to 5 units, then AOE them down. You don't have to do it perfectly evenly as long as the highest HP Sting is less than like 80% HP and the others are low enough to set off a chain reaction. Then just kill the lowest-HP one and watch the booms.

This strat notably doesn't work for Clara's counters.

ask me how i discovered this

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

If they are broken they can't multiply in the turn after they recover, so it's really important to have someone who can do that. If you're offered the Hunt 3* blessing that advances you 100% after breaking, even better. I've had silver wolf start combat with them to get them partly broken, and then just smack one after another to break them all with that blessing.

Mostly I rely on Luocha since he has his AOE ultimate. I imagine Qingque would be good at it too, and would be worth building for this for anyone who doesn't already have an imaginary or quantum character in their team.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Genovera posted:

If they are broken they can't multiply in the turn after they recover, so it's really important to have someone who can do that. If you're offered the Hunt 3* blessing that advances you 100% after breaking, even better. I've had silver wolf start combat with them to get them partly broken, and then just smack one after another to break them all with that blessing.

Mostly I rely on Luocha since he has his AOE ultimate. I imagine Qingque would be good at it too, and would be worth building for this for anyone who doesn't already have an imaginary or quantum character in their team.

They can't manually split, but in the actual Swarm Combat nodes, there's a timed event every "round" that adds a new one if there's less than 5. There's no way to stop that except to win the fight.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I would simply opt to not die and let enemies shatter themselves upon my amber body.

Hail Qlipoth.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

I would simply opt to not die and let enemies shatter themselves upon my amber body.

Hail Qlipoth.

Did you do all your damage via Quake?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

build is online, just gotta level up those traces and wait 3 weeks to s5 the lc. and maybe i guess i'd like a boots upgrade with better subs which shouldn't be hard to do since it's attack

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mile'ionaha posted:

Did you do all your damage via Quake?

And Path Resonance, yes.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well looks like OG Honkai gets a Fu Hua arc next as expected. Wonder when we get to see Marshal Hua in Star Rail who is supposed to outrank even Jing Yuan who is just General of the Luofu while she's in charge of the whole fleets military I guess.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 8, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

Well looks like OG Honkai gets a Fu Hua arc next as expected. Wonder when we get to see Marshal Hua in Star Rail who is supposed to outrank even Jing Yuan who is just General of the Luofu while

Whenever they want a lot of my money, that's when. Because I need Hua.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Whenever they want a lot of my money, that's when. Because I need Hua.

Well you can always visit Honkai 3rd for your fix for now I guess at least starting with 7.0. Looking like the next arc will be about her mainly as the PoV/player character and like they gave her a whole new set of attack moves that look a lot more brutal then her older ones as well as walk animations and Senti antics as well. There's also vampire Theresa as the new Valkyrie for 7.0. Probably new Fu Hua Herscherr form shortly down the line as well since she still hasnt gotten a new one yet.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
maybe when we visit that ship the ipc gentrified the poo poo out of if that sushang came from

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

Well you can always visit Honkai 3rd for your fix for now I guess at least starting with 7.0. Looking like the next arc will be about her mainly as the PoV/player character and like they gave her a whole new set of attack moves that look a lot more brutal then her older ones as well as walk animations and Senti antics as well. There's also vampire Theresa as the new Valkyrie for 7.0. Probably new Fu Hua Herscherr form shortly down the line as well since she still hasnt gotten a new one yet.

I am excited to defeat evil with the power of friendship. And this brick I found.
https://twitter.com/RSyaooooo/status/1700046829092774233

Luna is also just straight up a Sister of Battle. She wields two eviscerator chainswords and is in Our Martyred Lady colours.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 8, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

I am excited to defeat evil with the power of friendship. And this brick I found.
https://twitter.com/RSyaooooo/status/1700046829092774233

Luna is also just straight up a Sister of Battle. She wields two eviscerator chainswords and is in Our Martyred Lady colours.

I was just about to post that. I assume there's some lore reason I missed that explains why she's suddenly adult looking or it's some sort of Captain verse thing though. It's a very Bronyaesque change nevertheless.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kale posted:

I was just about to post that. I assume there's some lore reason I missed that explains why she's suddenly adult looking or it's some sort of Captain verse thing though. It's a very Bronyaesque change nevertheless.

She's Captainverse. She's been collecting other Teri's for presumably evil reasons relating to her becoming an adult.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
ok who's the lady with the chainswords because i'll pull for that

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Another game, wrong thread.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

ok who's the lady with the chainswords because i'll pull for that

The guy that Luocha is based on's dead lover's clone from Honkai 3rd, so yeah unfortunately not in this game.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

tripping myself alot in swarm just cause I'm wondering how things interact with eachother.
had a disaster attempt with elation because the Happy thing is such RNG sillyness that can and will screw up your plan more often than help.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo. This was random. Used my embers to buy the last standard pass, and I get this.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
^^^ nice job!!! I don't have enough wish points to buy the store eidolon :(

Clarste posted:

Another game, wrong thread.

oh no that's so sad :(

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

I really do like e6 qingque, you know that after her turn that you've got 1 skill point no matter what you roll

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think I've failed roughly 2/3 of my swarm attempts thus far. It's great.

Also if you get the occurrance that says "10 random somethings" don't do it. Trust me. Just don't do it. Well unless you're hunting curios and stuff in which case do it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I like about the swarm stuff is that it (and stuff like the deer boss) lets me take advantage of my AoE-heavy roster (JY and Blade are my two most developed DPS).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I like about the swarm stuff is that it (and stuff like the deer boss) lets me take advantage of my AoE-heavy roster (JY and Blade are my two most developed DPS).

I don't have Blade but high five fellow Jing Yuan enjoyer. Not sure what team to build? Spare slot? Jing Yuan'll fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

I think destruction/aoe is better in SU too, because the higher stages have really annoying adds like the one that lets the one elite unit heal if you dont' take their revive away first.

hunt needs to step up their game.