Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No Wave posted:

He does straight up lose the game for you sometimes, and on reveals should still go off. Also not sure what "Add a card from the opponent's deck" means exactly.

I think that’s more like a Cable effect than a Mirage effect. It’s not a copy, it’s a card from their deck, so that card would no longer be in their deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wafflecop posted:

This going really gently caress up me and my addiction to my Mr Negative deck. That power is crazy, will really kill anything apart from when it does you a solid and pulls a nice 6-cost for you. But then you (the Gladiator user) just need a Shang-Chi to sort that out anyway. Only saving grace would be if he pulls out Armour or Collossus I guess

Or Bucky, or Nimrod, or Wolverine or X-23. And frequently as not it'll hit Death or a sufficiently powerful Knull. If Destroy is good, you don't want to be playing Gladiator against it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's a card from hearthstone that's a decent comparison, imo:

the upside is that, even if you're pulling a big card, it's often breaking their gameplan by killing synergies and you can just remove the threat afterwards (in snap's case, he curves neatly into shang chi & as someone who's been frustrated at having priority on t6 against someone about to drop something massive i'm happy to have him be less of a dead card again)

i don't think he's going to be a must-include in every deck, but more control decks are going to be happy to have him and i'd maybe like him to have slightly less power to make it more of a gamble and/or have deck buff synergies

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Best case scenario he deals with apocalypse or Dracula, but you can pretty much guarantee he's going to be hitting agent 13 and Angel more than anything useful

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Opopanax posted:

Best case scenario he deals with apocalypse or Dracula, but you can pretty much guarantee he's going to be hitting agent 13 and Angel more than anything useful

even if he hits something worthless you're getting a 3/8

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
He'll be pulling Americas a fair amount I'd imagine.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

He can have my rock

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Excellent luck on my part, I got up to my next spotlight cache and decided to roll the dice, got Jeff. So now I think I have pretty much every good S5 that's currently out, unless one of them gets reworked or whatever. Iron Lad is the only one that seems well liked that I don't have.

Think I will commit to the plan of opening however many I get next week since they're all new then, maybe get Alioth or new Snowguard and then for Renslayer and Mobius, I will wait the week until the weekend, see how much the missions reward for them respectively and then just buy them with tokens if they seem good. That'll probably give me a cushion of 3ish spotlight caches from not opening them for a few weeks and then I'll be a lot more choosy with them.

What's probably the best Series 3 card to pick for the month? Loki deck seems real bad to play if you don't have the Quinjet but I'm not sure if that makes it worth actively picking that? I think off the top of my head the meta ones I don't have are Wave, She Hulk, Silver Surfer, Taskmaster and Lockjaw. I feel like usually Wave would be the default answer of those but maybe her stock will fall a bit? Mr Negative opens a whole new deck archetype I wouldn't mind trying either.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 8, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have Daken and Jean in the shop, both at 6000 tokens. They really need to retune the system there

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Opopanax posted:

I have Daken and Jean in the shop, both at 6000 tokens. They really need to retune the system there
Yes if they are making it so that they keep the Series 4/5 thing they need to retool that entirely if they are never going to drop them to Series 3

Like right now Darkhawk is 3000 tokens but much worse cards like Howard the Duck are still 6000

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

What's probably the best Series 3 card to pick for the month? Loki deck seems real bad to play if you don't have the Quinjet but I'm not sure if that makes it worth actively picking that? I think off the top of my head the meta ones I don't have are Wave, She Hulk, Silver Surfer, Taskmaster and Lockjaw. I feel like usually Wave would be the default answer of those but maybe her stock will fall a bit? Mr Negative opens a whole new deck archetype I wouldn't mind trying either.

we're about to enter a tumultuous time for cost changers and it's unclear how things will shake out.

of the cards you mentioned I've used She-Hulk and Quinjet by far the most, followed by Taskmaster, Silver Surfer, Wave and Lockjaw.

I didn't find Negative decks interesting but you might!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/DougPieTTV/status/1700169118832312471

We're going to get really sick of Shuri, aren't we?

As someone points out in that thread, Gladiator is somewhat countered by cards whose power budget is in their on-reveal effect. So Gladiator pulls Arnim Zola or Doctor Doom and it's like, well poo poo. But he does still look quite strong and I like the character and how the card mechanic is flavorful thematically (Gladiator is immensely strong when confident but weak when he is unsure of himself) so that's neat.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Even if Gladiator does hit something important, there's no guarantee you were going to draw that card in the first place. He's essentially equivalent to Yondu in that way, and potentially worse since the opponent still gets their On Reveal. (But he's also still a 3/8 obv.)

What intrigues me, though, is that there might actually be enough support for a deck based around denying the opponent draws if you run both of them together along with Cable (and Mantis I guess if you're really committed). I'm picturing something like: Yondu/Black Widow/Zabu/Cable/Gladiator/Shuri/Wong/Absorbing Man; then fill out the rest with a couple extra Shuri targets so you have an alternate win-con. Maybe try to squeeze Magik in? Since if they're out of draws the extra turn benefits you more than it does them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I would think the on-reveal goes off before he kills it so you'd get doom bots at least in the doom scenario

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cosmo -> Gladiator

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

thebardyspoon posted:

Wave is top tier but I personally don't play her that much.

She-Hulk is one of my favourite cards. Got her quite early and she's awesome.

Silver Surfer is an archetype by himself.

Taskmaster is extremely good, especially together with Shuri.

Lockjaw is also almost an archetype as well.

And Mr. Negative can be very fun, but it's sooo inconsistent. Crazy powerful if you pull him early but, well, that's basically the problem.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I earned enough to open a third spotlight cache this week and it was between a cool Knull variant that I probably won’t use because I already have a cool Knull variant…or Jeff!

I got Jeff! :frogc00l:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Cosmo -> Gladiator

Ie Better Maximus

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

win a location with 1 card is the worst mission in the game and at this rate my entire mission log will be full of it in a couple days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

win a location with 1 card is the worst mission in the game and at this rate my entire mission log will be full of it in a couple days.
It's annoying, but if you aren't getting it the best thing to do is just put a high power card on a location and then retreat after T4 starts. Then it will count as long as you are meeting the requirement at that point in the game.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Yep. Load up proving grounds. Play a Maximus on 3. Profit.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Hobgoblin/GG can help a lot too but yeah the retreat way is just quickest

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Turn 1 ebony maw
Turn 2 lizard
Turn 3 Maximus
Turn 4 retreat

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

uXs posted:

Wave is top tier but I personally don't play her that much.

She-Hulk is one of my favourite cards. Got her quite early and she's awesome.

Silver Surfer is an archetype by himself.

Taskmaster is extremely good, especially together with Shuri.

Lockjaw is also almost an archetype as well.

And Mr. Negative can be very fun, but it's sooo inconsistent. Crazy powerful if you pull him early but, well, that's basically the problem.

She-Hulk/Infinaut is a great combo for turn 6, especially if you're using other helpful cards like Sunspot, Psylocke, etc.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm curious how much the revisions to Snowguard are messing with InSheNaut decks. One of those two cards can affect things like how Legion can in terms of turning off Limbo.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm assuming the upgrade a card mission doesn't work with quick upgrade still? I just need to find 12 green cards and upgrade them to blue when I get 1200 credits?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm curious how much the revisions to Snowguard are messing with InSheNaut decks. One of those two cards can affect things like how Legion can in terms of turning off Limbo.

I haven’t seen Snowguard much. After their Spotlight next week, though…

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Legion is very entertaining in my Patriot Surfer deck. I turned all locations into Washington DC in an earlier game on Turn 5.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Devo posted:

I'm assuming the upgrade a card mission doesn't work with quick upgrade still? I just need to find 12 green cards and upgrade them to blue when I get 1200 credits?

I think that's supposed to be fixed? I would test it with just 2 levels at once though, not straight to infinite.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I've gotten these done previously with Mr. Fantastic, Klaw, and other power-pumpers to prepare a one-card heavyweight.

T1: Ghost
T2: Okoye
T3-4: Nakia/Mr. Fantastic, Green Goblin, Magik
T5: Klaw, Blue Marvel
T6: Orka
T7: Hulkbuster, Cerebro/Mystique

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Devo posted:

They definitely mentioned that in the patch notes but I can't remember if it was listed as Fixed or Known Issue...

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uXs posted:

I think that's supposed to be fixed? I would test it with just 2 levels at once though, not straight to infinite.

victorious posted:

They definitely mentioned that in the patch notes but I can't remember if it was listed as Fixed or Known Issue...

Just took my summer Leech from green to purple and got 2 levels, so it's all good now.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Quackles posted:

I haven’t seen Snowguard much. After their Spotlight next week, though…

I've been seeing a lot more of her than I expected, and apparently her winrate percentage is quite high now (61%~). She works well in Collector decks as yet another way to buff him twice and fill your hand up, and since she costs 1, she's not a one-card play on 3 or 4 like Coulson or Fury, and generates more cards than 13 or Hill.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
drat...Echo is the perfect protection for Wong, isn't she?

I hope for a nerf for her soon. A 1 cost card that negates ANY opponent's, but not your, ongoing cards the rest of the game in a lane?

Feels like she should be "one and done", you know? Like "remove the Ongoing ability from the NEXT card your opponent plays at this location."

I mean...I know she potentially can be BAD if your opponent plays Red Skull, Attuma, Typhoid Mary, etc... but those are niche scenarios.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cosmo is the best counter to Wong IMO, because it makes him completely useless

I never really see anyone playing Echo at all. If I had her I would put her in my Shuri Sauron deck though.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's annoying, but if you aren't getting it the best thing to do is just put a high power card on a location and then retreat after T4 starts. Then it will count as long as you are meeting the requirement at that point in the game.

Devo posted:

Yep. Load up proving grounds. Play a Maximus on 3. Profit.

FireWorksWell posted:

Hobgoblin/GG can help a lot too but yeah the retreat way is just quickest

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Turn 1 ebony maw
Turn 2 lizard
Turn 3 Maximus
Turn 4 retreat

appreciate the quick replies!

Red posted:

I've gotten these done previously with Mr. Fantastic, Klaw, and other power-pumpers to prepare a one-card heavyweight.

T1: Ghost
T2: Okoye
T3-4: Nakia/Mr. Fantastic, Green Goblin, Magik
T5: Klaw, Blue Marvel
T6: Orka
T7: Hulkbuster, Cerebro/Mystique

cleared them all in 1 with this, and got the win too. thanks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cosmo is the best counter to Wong IMO, because it makes him completely useless

Yes... Unless Wong is behind an Echo like my last game. Makes him Cosmo-proof, though not Enchantress-proof.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Made it to Infinite thanks to a string of bots that gave me 8, 4 and 4 cubes to get me through the last stretch. Played Shuri/Sauron from 73-94, Deadpool Destroy the rest of the way and Thanos Destroy when I had draw/play quests. Still felt like Loki decks had the edge over me when I ran into them though.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I've played Wave High Evo and Kitty Shuri for multiple games and have somehow not progressed my "win a location with 20+ power" quests at all. I guess I'm just that talented, that I can win locations with under 20 power with the decks that specifically drop big boys with consistency.

EDIT: I have the Kael variant Killmonger in my shop. Lord help me, I'm about to spend 1200 gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

victorious posted:

Made it to Infinite thanks to a string of bots that gave me 8, 4 and 4 cubes to get me through the last stretch. Played Shuri/Sauron from 73-94, Deadpool Destroy the rest of the way and Thanos Destroy when I had draw/play quests. Still felt like Loki decks had the edge over me when I ran into them though.

I just got infinite again too and have this instead of just being rank 100 like last month. Is it because i'm level 500 now? What are snap points?