Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
in minor state news, the rank and file of the state scientist union have voted to authorize a strike if current negotiations with the state come to an impasse. probably will come to nothing, but the current contract lapsed three years ago and there's a big gap between the union demands and the states counteroffer, so not completely impossible. we'll see if the state makes an uninspiring offer similar to what seiu 1000 is voting on right now

https://twitter.com/capsscientists/status/1698699664454021275

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
please olds, I am begging you to retire
https://twitter.com/TeamPelosi/status/1700177174542876754
unironically representing "san francisco values" in this political climate seems like a real self-own

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

:redhammer:

she should be banned from running for office again!!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

unironically representing "san francisco values" in this political climate seems like a real self-own

Did a bad poll for Daughter Pelosi come out or has Nancy just decide to die in office?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Sivart13 posted:

Not even San Franciscans want SF values. :wtc:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

If she dies or retires in office, newsome gets to appoint his second senator this decade, right? Why give the unwashed masses the opportunity to vote for a new senator for the next 30 years we'll just keep reelecting the appointees

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Pelosi is not a Senator. Are you talking about Feinstein?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Whoops yes sorry

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Sivart13 posted:

Please retire.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Sivart13 posted:

Politically speaking, I think the Boomers might go down as the worst generation in American history.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

Tarezax posted:

Pelosi is not a Senator. Are you talking about Feinstein?
I will admit that as a lifelong Californian I still get this confused

like I can picture them both in my head but the House/Senate thing doesn't always click right

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Does it honestly matter in this case? They're both actively decaying and should've been gone long long ago

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pelosi continuing the Dems’ literal death grip on the worst communications and optics strategies known to man if it means anyone in the party has to make a single personal sacrifice for the greater good (I.e. having to retire in your 80s instead of having a coterie of suck-ups orbit your walking corpse).

From what I’ve heard from my DC insider friends the rhetorical justification is allegedly that the Dems don’t want party leadership changes at such a crucial moment. Which is another way of saying the members of the status quo prefer the status quo indefinitely, since every political moment is crucial. :shrug:

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 8, 2023

Sivart13
May 18, 2003

mikeycp posted:

Does it honestly matter in this case? They're both actively decaying and should've been gone long long ago
House terms are 2 years (senate terms are 6) so she has a slightly smaller chance of ending her career in full Weekend at Bernies territory

assuming she does ever voluntarily end her career

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Pelosi continuing the Dems’ literal death grip on the worst communications and optics strategies known to man if it means anyone in the party has to make a single personal sacrifice for the greater good (I.e. having to retire in your 80s instead of having a coterie of suck-ups orbit your walking corpse).

From what I’ve heard from my DC insider friends the rhetorical justification is allegedly that the Dems don’t want party leadership changes at such a crucial moment. Which is another way of saying the members of the status quo prefer the status quo indefinitely, since every political moment is crucial. :shrug:

Ha! Yes. Dems don't want party leadership changes. That's why only 45% of Democratic primary voters want Joe Biden to be the next nominee for President. To be fair, however, Democrats, for whatever reason, love Nancy Pelosi as much as everyone else hates her. She's +60% with Democrats, -30% with independants and -60% with Republicans.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

even if the goal is to die in office in order to hand your party a nomination, there's more dignified ways than this

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Cactus Ghost posted:

even if the goal is to die in office in order to hand your party a nomination, there's more dignified ways than this

name 10 😁

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

driving a dildo truck at 90mph into the fleshlight warehouse

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

ate too much banana moon pies

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

fart cannon overpressure safety valve failure

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

forgot how to wear clothes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

firecracker stuck in sinus cavity

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

moped v armadillo traffic accident

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

drawn to hell by the ghosts of MacAfee and Epstein

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

94-hour star citizen session

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

mixed up nitrous oxide pellets for doing whippits and co2 pellets for inflating my road bicycle tires

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

freebasing mayonnaise

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Didn't she already step down as speaker though? I don't think she's on any committees either. If she wants to continue advising Hakeem Jeffries, she doesn't need to be elected to congress for that.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

acksplode posted:

Didn't she already step down as speaker though? I don't think she's on any committees either. If she wants to continue advising Hakeem Jeffries, she doesn't need to be elected to congress for that.

Well... McCarthy is Speaker now. IIRC, she has said she won't run for Speaker again, but who knows if she will actually stick to that. It's moot until the Democrats take back the House, regardless. Even without being Speaker, she holds the purse strings for most Democratic House members. Her power base has always been her fundraising ability and using those funds to help allies and punish challengers.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Cactus Ghost posted:

driving a dildo truck at 90mph into the fleshlight warehouse

Cactus Ghost posted:

ate too much banana moon pies

Cactus Ghost posted:

fart cannon overpressure safety valve failure

Cactus Ghost posted:

forgot how to wear clothes

Cactus Ghost posted:

firecracker stuck in sinus cavity

Cactus Ghost posted:

moped v armadillo traffic accident

Cactus Ghost posted:

drawn to hell by the ghosts of MacAfee and Epstein

Cactus Ghost posted:

94-hour star citizen session

Cactus Ghost posted:

mixed up nitrous oxide pellets for doing whippits and co2 pellets for inflating my road bicycle tires

Cactus Ghost posted:

freebasing mayonnaise

:tipshat:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

confused posted:

Well... McCarthy is Speaker now. IIRC, she has said she won't run for Speaker again, but who knows if she will actually stick to that. It's moot until the Democrats take back the House, regardless. Even without being Speaker, she holds the purse strings for most Democratic House members. Her power base has always been her fundraising ability and using those funds to help allies and punish challengers.

Er my bad, I meant minority leader. But yeah my point was that she's no longer holding any formal leadership position, so there's no change in leadership to be concerned about if she doesn't run. Isn't fundraising and punishing primary challenges part of the job that she gave up to Jeffries? You would think the whole point of voluntarily stepping down from that role was to start unwinding her leadership in preparation for retiring.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

She took the calls for Feinstein (90 w/ dementia) to step down very personally (accused everyone of sexism lol). I wonder if that changed her mind on running again.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

acksplode posted:

Er my bad, I meant minority leader. But yeah my point was that she's no longer holding any formal leadership position, so there's no change in leadership to be concerned about if she doesn't run. Isn't fundraising and punishing primary challenges part of the job that she gave up to Jeffries? You would think the whole point of voluntarily stepping down from that role was to start unwinding her leadership in preparation for retiring.

Yes, Jeffries is now Minority Leader, however I'd be surprised if the majority of Democrats, much less the rest of the country, could tell you who he is. Also, it's my understanding that Jeffries, unlike Pelosi, is actively disliked by a significant percentage of the House caucus. Even people who are furthest from Pelosi's policy positions like, say, the Squad, have nothing but nice things to say about her. Given that, I highly doubt that he does anything without Pelosi's approval as long as she is around.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

confused posted:

Yes, Jeffries is now Minority Leader, however I'd be surprised if the majority of Democrats, much less the rest of the country, could tell you who he is. Also, it's my understanding that Jeffries, unlike Pelosi, is actively disliked by a significant percentage of the House caucus. Even people who are furthest from Pelosi's policy positions like, say, the Squad, have nothing but nice things to say about her. Given that, I highly doubt that he does anything without Pelosi's approval as long as she is around.

I don't understand what any of that has to do with this:

From what I’ve heard from my DC insider friends the rhetorical justification is allegedly that the Dems don’t want party leadership changes at such a crucial moment.

She's literally not party leadership anymore!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

:redhammer:

she should be banned from running for office again!!

WTF...given what happened to her husband that is really sketchy emoji to use.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

That is a ban hammer. Welcome to 1999

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

:decorum:

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

Lmao

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

confused posted:

Politically speaking, I think the Boomers might go down as the worst generation in American history.

I legit think it was the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Who knows what terminal internet brain will do to most of us in the end.