Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

"they... we...." lol

ask joe biden about being "tough on crime" or any of the other dems who've criminalized protest.

"they" & "we" indeed.

Sorry, I didn't think to list out the names of the poor souls being prosecuted.

You are correct though, there is no we, just me.

just vote meme dot jaypeg

HallelujahLee posted:

its just weird and stupid to support a lovely evil police state even if it goes after your enemies once in a blue moon let them destroy each other

I think you'll find that I am the largest (in diameter) supporter of the evil police state that is out to get you(?)/me(?)/we(?)/they(?)

HallelujahLee posted:

morons all around

Hey, you can't dox people here.

nomad2020 has issued a correction as of 00:58 on Sep 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

you, me and the revolutionary romantic

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

it’s crazy how much the “cost” for employee “insurance” is. My job has godawful insurance, absolute bottom tier garbage that’s gonna bankrupt you in a heartbeat if you have anything serious going on, largely designed to not even get you to bother with any sort of health assistance at all, like at best it might be serviceable if you have 5 grand lying around and end up with some sort of acute but fixable/not long term injury. about the only good thing you could say about it is if you pick one of the high deductible plans (all plans have high deductibles regardless but there’s one classified as such) they give you 500/yr for a HSA you can use for glasses or whatever.

Even with how bad these plans are you can look at your benefit’s package and tax info and such and see that allegedly this is expensive insurance your employer is paying an arm and leg for. A sizeable fraction of your total compensation for absolute garbage insurance.

honestly I’m kind of surprised there’s not more of a push from employer side towards NHI. I dunno if they can just flagrantly lie about the expense (probably) but it seems like it’s eating pretty hard into labor costs and it’d be a win/win for everyone to not have it be a thing. I guess the idea is tying health insurance to employment gives a ton of a leverage but like when the insurance is so universally bad that feels like a questionable approach. at best it makes jobs with more mediocre pay scales but good benefits much more attractive maybe, my wife is a woefully under compensated uni prof but her state insurance was genuinely incredible for the cancer we’ve been dealing with.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

nomad2020 posted:

Sorry, I didn't think to list out the names of the poor souls being prosecuted.

You are correct though, there is no we, just me.

just vote meme dot jaypeg

I think you'll find that I am the largest (in diameter) supporter of the evil police state that is out to get you(?)/me(?)/we(?)/they(?)

cant parse whatever this is

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I don't care to clarify it because it doesn't matter.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the democrat party sucks rear end. hth

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
first I'm hearing this

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

V. Illych L. posted:

the doctrine of social fascism is a bit passé imo, the democrats are mostly a run-off-the-mill liberal imperial party

They're going authoritarian, not in the lib everything I dislike sense.

The dems are bad and going nuts, but the repubs are off in another dimension.

In other news, Reddit is somehow exploding faster then twitter

https://hexbear.net/comment/3917810

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud called it I guess.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

probably more for the succ thread but oh well

Griz posted:

we're already at the point where the fascists are the only ones allowed to protest without being met with immediate overwhelming force

see the weekly actual sieg-heiling nazi poo poo in florida outside disneyworld and on random highway overpasses
you reminded me of the scenes from that hospital workers protest in LA, where hundreds of lapd show up to 'protect them from counter protesters'
https://twitter.com/hearinladotcom/status/1698774583023915173
hmm wonder what the la mayor thought about police in 2020

George Floyd Justice in Policing Act
Main article: George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020
After the murder of George Floyd and massive nationwide protests, Bass and Representative Jerry Nadler co-authored the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020, aimed at restraining police practices such as chokeholds, carotid holds, and no-knock warrants,[101] and making it easier to prosecute police if they break the law.[102][103][101]

The bill passed the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives on a mostly party-line vote of 220–212,[104] but not the evenly divided Senate amid opposition from Republicans.[105][106] Negotiations between Republican and Democratic senators on a reform bill collapsed in September 2021.[106]

lol of course, but what is she up to now

https://mayor.lacity.gov/news/mayor-bass-announces-tentative-contract-agreement-address-recruitment-and-retention-lapd
LOS ANGELES – Mayor Karen Bass today announced a tentative agreement with the union representing police officers, sergeants, detectives, and lieutenants at the Los Angeles Police Department. The agreement improves recruitment and retention.

“My number one job is to keep Angelenos safe,” said Mayor Bass. “Like many major cities across America, our police department is enduring a hiring and retention crisis so we are taking critical action. In April, I proposed a budget to address concerns within the Los Angeles Police Department and to provide investments to hire more police officers, expedite the hiring process, and improve retention. Today's contract is consistent with those goals.”

lol just like every other dem mayor, city council, gov, etc. gently caress your material conditions, vibes only, oh and make sure to lick them boots

biceps crimes posted:

WaryWarren posted:

first I'm hearing this

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ardennes posted:

A Democratic administration is supporting Ukraine to ultimate victory, and they haven’t shy’ed away what they are going to do with ethnic Russian and Russian speakers when they take back territory. That is quite a bit of hatred. You could argue they simply hate what gets in their way, but it is what it is.

I don't know how you can look at Bakhnut and the other cities caught up in the SVO and still think the war is for the benefit of Russian speakers in Ukraine. Even Prigozhin said the justifications for the war were bullshit when he launched his weird rebellion. Overwhelmingly the hatred that drives this war flows from one source and it isn't Ukrainians, Democrats or even most Russians

edit: this image was way less huge on mobile

Flavahbeast has issued a correction as of 04:39 on Sep 9, 2023

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

theres a ukraine thread

thanks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Banning other parties from running and using RICO laws on activists are acts of totalizing the state. The Democrats are fascists.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I remember reading about when RICO laws first became a thing and about how controversial they were because you need much less direct evidence for a proper conviction. The common argument in favor of it was that it was the only way to go after the Mob and that it would be used sparingly and carefully.

Lol.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Banning other parties from running and using RICO laws on activists are acts of totalizing the state. The Democrats are fascists.

:hai:

and leftists should be pushing back on this, not doing the BUT MOM, HE DID IT FIRST! bullshit.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The activists are currently being RICO'd and have their hands full for the time being.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

How sad that the only activists against fascism in the entire country are those who've been indicted for the crimes of protesting.

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

How sad that the only activists against fascism in the entire country are those who've been indicted for the crimes of protesting.

Only the ones who rattle the current status quo, the ineffective ones seem to be more or less left to their own devices.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

PoundSand posted:

it’s crazy how much the “cost” for employee “insurance” is. My job has godawful insurance, absolute bottom tier garbage that’s gonna bankrupt you in a heartbeat if you have anything serious going on, largely designed to not even get you to bother with any sort of health assistance at all, like at best it might be serviceable if you have 5 grand lying around and end up with some sort of acute but fixable/not long term injury. about the only good thing you could say about it is if you pick one of the high deductible plans (all plans have high deductibles regardless but there’s one classified as such) they give you 500/yr for a HSA you can use for glasses or whatever.

Even with how bad these plans are you can look at your benefit’s package and tax info and such and see that allegedly this is expensive insurance your employer is paying an arm and leg for. A sizeable fraction of your total compensation for absolute garbage insurance.

honestly I’m kind of surprised there’s not more of a push from employer side towards NHI. I dunno if they can just flagrantly lie about the expense (probably) but it seems like it’s eating pretty hard into labor costs and it’d be a win/win for everyone to not have it be a thing. I guess the idea is tying health insurance to employment gives a ton of a leverage but like when the insurance is so universally bad that feels like a questionable approach. at best it makes jobs with more mediocre pay scales but good benefits much more attractive maybe, my wife is a woefully under compensated uni prof but her state insurance was genuinely incredible for the cancer we’ve been dealing with.

lmao when japanese econs were already pointing healthcare costs for the decline of american manufacturing in the motherfucking 1980s

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I have absolutely no time to waste on the people feverishly pushing to protect neonazis who would without a second thought sign my death warrant, because somehow protecting the Actual Nazis will make the leftist revolution possible :jerkbag:

"No, no, we have to be fair to everyone!", hey, guess what, they don't loving care that you were fair to them, they'll put a bullet in your skull regardless.

The same failure moron who spent the past decade hyperventilating about "discrimination" against boomers is going to bat for neonazis? loving shocker.

Willa Rogers posted:

I wasn't talking about gerrymandering; I was talking about election interference against lefties & the gop.

also lol if you think "undoing severe gerrymanders" is what democrats do. see, eg, Illinois.

Wisconsin managed to tip the scales on the state supreme court, specifically on the issue of undoing the psychotic gerrymander that's handed near-total control of the state to the Republicans, and the Republicans immediately moved to strip all of the Demonic Otherparty of their legal powers and are trying to remove the scale-tipping judge from her elected seat. And here you are crying and whimpering that we aren't giving boomerpublicans sufficient deference.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

seems odd the fascist state would lock up so many cops, troops, and fbi informants. unless of course it was just all one big cover story to get their guys to infiltrate the prisons to head off any revolutionary potential there

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bar Ran Dun posted:

at this point yes. if one is a republican one is almost certainly in the category of “revolutionary romantic”. everybody that isn’t onboard with that has left it at this point. I mean one is looking at a quarter to a third are strongly supportive of and over 85% are sympathetic to Jan 6 folks.

I mean we can quibble about that last 10-15 percent, but they are looking to past that never existed (romantic) and supportive of violence and over throw of the state (revolutionary) to get it and make it a totalizing state.

yes republicans are fascists.

however one characterizes the Dems they are not revolutionary lol. that’s kindof an essential bit they are missing.

january 6th wasn't violence to overthrow the state

liberals destroying the concept of impartial justice to pursue someone because they think they deserve it while conducting mass censorship campaigns is the actual fascism

i hope this helps

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

I have absolutely no time to waste on the people feverishly pushing to protect neonazis who would without a second thought sign my death warrant, because somehow protecting the Actual Nazis will make the leftist revolution possible :jerkbag:

"No, no, we have to be fair to everyone!", hey, guess what, they don't loving care that you were fair to them, they'll put a bullet in your skull regardless.

The same failure moron who spent the past decade hyperventilating about "discrimination" against boomers is going to bat for neonazis? loving shocker.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

at this point yes. if one is a republican one is almost certainly in the category of “revolutionary romantic”. everybody that isn’t onboard with that has left it at this point. I mean one is looking at a quarter to a third are strongly supportive of and over 85% are sympathetic to Jan 6 folks.

I mean we can quibble about that last 10-15 percent, but they are looking to past that never existed (romantic) and supportive of violence and over throw of the state (revolutionary) to get it and make it a totalizing state.

yes republicans are fascists.

however one characterizes the Dems they are not revolutionary lol. that’s kindof an essential bit they are missing.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Flavahbeast posted:

I think people who believe in Z-Trump are going to be surprised when/if he takes office. This is the guy who campaigned on leaving Syria and then had to be talked down from killing Assad. When it's his war he'll love it

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wisconsin managed to tip the scales on the state supreme court, specifically on the issue of undoing the psychotic gerrymander that's handed near-total control of the state to the Republicans, and the Republicans immediately moved to strip all of the Demonic Otherparty of their legal powers and are trying to remove the scale-tipping judge from her elected seat. And here you are crying and whimpering that we aren't giving boomerpublicans sufficient deference.

Yeah, and if nothing else, if they waste their resources on each other, less to gently caress with us. Let them fight. Lmao if you think they'd obey any rules not to gently caress with the left anyway.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah I don't buy a bunch of boomers like the Mypillow guy could force a cop to do poo poo. As it is, if they'd actually threatened anyone important they'd have been gunned down.

If the poo poo on Jan 6th could have done anything, it'd be give could negress excuses to further lock poo poo down, and at most let them vote how they wanted to.

Edit: strike through to note I didn't see that. Jesus why do they have that? I'm not getting rid of it unless asked though so everyone can remember and laugh at my humiliation.

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 03:43 on Sep 9, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Which is the position presented by the far right pretending to be the left, that somehow the left has accepted.

Lmao.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

thechosenone posted:

Yeah I don't buy a bunch of boomers like the Mypillow guy could force a cop to do poo poo. As it is, if they'd actually threatened anyone important they'd have been gunned down.

If the poo poo on Jan 6th could have done anything, it'd be give could negress excuses to further lock poo poo down, and at most let them vote how they wanted to.

this is quite the word to have in your autocorrect

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lol

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
God. drat it. Why the hell do they have that in there!!!

Edit: I'm ripping that fkucer out. 'Negrito' is getting axed too for being next to it. 'a member of a dark-skinned people of short stature native to the Austronesian region.' My rear end. If I meet someone from around there I'll just ask them what to call their cultural group and how to spell it.

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 03:44 on Sep 9, 2023

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

:lol:

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Gunshow Poophole posted:

:eyepop:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

another meltdown and a good ole typo on the same page

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i saw that word in one place before: in the novel version of live and let die

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

StratGoatCom posted:

Yeah, and if nothing else, if they waste their resources on each other, less to gently caress with us.

yeah keep dreaming about that theres always resources to go after the left

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
from the quality of today's posting, i see the economy must be doing well and the premium consumer is remaining overly healthy. truly a shame.

oh well, there's always next week

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

You sound like... a insurrectionist who is determined to undermine this country & its principles.

(See how this works? Of course you don't; you'd rather fight an imaginary civil war alongside the libs)

quote:

lol, your colors are bleeding through.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 17:38 on Sep 9, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
bad news for landlords ITT

quote:

Apartment rents have been cooling off sharply for several months, and they look like they’re about to go negative compared with a year ago.

Rents in August were just 0.28% higher than August 2022, according to real estate tech platform RealPage. Compare that to a year ago, when rents were posting 11% annual growth. With the exception of a very brief drop during the Covid lockdowns, rents have not shown negative annual growth in well over a decade. When they did, it was due to a recession hitting demand.

That is not the case now. Apartment occupancies nationally are at a pretty healthy 94%, which is right along historical norms. High mortgage rates combined with high home prices and tight supply have kept more would-be buyers in the rental market. The issue instead is just a massive amount of apartment supply.

The number of new units being built is at a 50-year high, with more than 460,000 being completed this year alone. Over a million new units have been built in the past three years. That’s a record, and much of that supply is on the higher end. Renters have more options, so landlords have less pricing power as turnover increases.

While rents nationally haven’t gone negative yet, they have in several local markets. Austin, Texas (-4.9%), Phoenix (-4.9%), Las Vegas (4.7%), Atlanta (-3.7%) and Jacksonville, Florida (-3.4%) are seeing the biggest drops.

The Midwest and Northeast regions continue to see very strong rent increases. One exception is New York, where rents were up just 1.9% annually as significant supply comes on the market.

Looking ahead, supply should remain high through next year, which will push rents lower potentially through 2025. New construction, however, has dropped sharply this year because of financing and other challenges, so there should be far less supply going into 2026, giving rents a chance to make up some ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
we need to stop building new apartments until we can figure out what's going on