Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

like i wouldnt be surprised if the rubicon research institute is just the descendants of omer science technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm leaning harder into the illithid mind reading stuff with the new playthrough so I only now got the great dialogue where you tell the goblin a 20000 bribe is way too much so he goes "oh yeah gently caress YOU now I'm raising it" to 5 because 5 is a higher number than 2

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bro Dad posted:

also the deepest, darkest secret of ac6 is its a sequel to 4/4A, 5, and verdict day. the closed plan in 4A worked and following the events of verdict day, humanity went interstellar. but since this is armored core the corps immediately seized a great deal of control on the colonization efforts until rubicon was discovered and everything stopped for the new gold rush

no its a sequel to ac1 and ac2 sorry

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

no its a sequel to ac1 and ac2 sorry

impossible my mech turns too fast :colbert:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bro Dad posted:

impossible my mech turns too fast :colbert:

it also doesn't fly at 800 kph and can't quickboost 30 times a second and also canonically was invented less than 100 years ago

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the first ui upgrade I bought was the quick turn one and I don't regret it in the slightest

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^ Get the kick, it's the only genuine game-changer in the list.

AC6 is a good game for very slowly playing through. Every few days I'll play a burst of a handful of missions. I can't stay focused on this type of game normally, but the short mission structure makes it far more palatable.

BTW, I mentioned this before, but I encourage not using the auto-lock. I'm not very good at the game, and having auto-lock off didn't cause me any issues, while it noticeably improved my accuracy. Note that I'm referring to the R3 autolock, not the manual aiming option; I'm not sure why someone would use that.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the missions so far are like perfect coffee break length and I really appreciate that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

and yeah the kick was the second thing I bought

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

using boost kick on enemy acs is almost cheating, the ai has no idea how to counter

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

using boost kick on enemy acs is almost cheating, the ai has no idea how to counter

The more mobile ones don't make it that easy, since you can't (easily at least) kick guys while they're side-strafing. Have to find an opening.

But getting the kick in is usually how I win, because it gives me an opening to just lay into the AC, usually doing like half it's health all at once.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm leaning harder into the illithid mind reading stuff with the new playthrough so I only now got the great dialogue where you tell the goblin a 20000 bribe is way too much so he goes "oh yeah gently caress YOU now I'm raising it" to 5 because 5 is a higher number than 2

lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Come in, 621. Did you try those senzu beans I sent you?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

imo the most hosed up thing about ac6 is that basically no arm units can accurately fire two guns at the same time unless they have super low rates of fire like plasma rifles

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

what the gently caress starfield using 5gb of memory while running

now 6gb

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
its probably all the stars

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Popy posted:

now 6gb

Galaxy wide object permanence. All those space-cheese wheels you dumped in the pirate base NEED to be tracked at all times.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Popy posted:

now 6gb

yeah bethesda has i think never released an open-world game without some kind of massive memory leak

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i love ditching my companion every time i take the train

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ng+4 here we gooooo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/XfMIjyFHtnw?si=1IDT496SIsnN_C4P

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Srice posted:

there's a certain kind of gamer that gets their rocks off by being the person to hate a thing the most

thinking about the diablo 4 thread and how one of the most prolific posters was someone who played like 80+ hours within the first week it was out, in order to "prove" it was bad

spending that much time in just a week tells me they actually love it, and they want to hug and kiss diablo

it is a bad game because it attracts freaks like that

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

whoops i keep killing ships instead of boarding them im the worst cop

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Popy posted:

whoops i keep killing ships instead of boarding them im the worst cop
good enough for the UC

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
lmao I got this little handheld shotgun with some perk that poisons people and one that makes them bleed, and I can click fire so fast it just deletes anything in front of me

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ng+4? spoilers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

ng+4? spoilers

this is the prologue level from dishonored 2

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Buck Wildman posted:

this is the prologue level from dishonored 2

I did wonder if they got some of the art team from that game, but I can't check because searching for "Starfield credits" naturally gives me links to 50 of the world's shittiest youtube vids about "how to make credits FAST".

Speaking of, love the art design, it really carries the game. I especially love all the weapon designs and moving parts on them, like the digital ammo count on the top-mounted magazines of the Grendel and Beowolf rifles, the battery racks that pop out of certain energy weapons like a video game cartridge being ejected, the magnetic induction guns having a boxy array of laser sights that glows red if it detects a target (leaving the lights not touching anything green), and so on.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

really liking neon. It's like a foodcube version of cyberpunk.

If they just made an actual proper cyberpunk game I would legit buy it. Hell let them make a Shadowrun game so they can include their magic as well.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I need to get going on AC6, but I fell down a starfield hole

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Substandard posted:

I need to get going on AC6, but I fell down a starfield hole

same. ac6 is the much better game from what i've played but i also can't listen to podcasts while playing it. meanwhhile starfield is a good game for me to keep up on my 'pods

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, Starfield is night and day with an SSD instead of a HDD

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Wow, Starfield is night and day with an SSD instead of a HDD

you should try a 64 bit OS some time too

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Xaris posted:

same. ac6 is the much better game from what i've played but i also can't listen to podcasts while playing it. meanwhhile starfield is a good game for me to keep up on my 'pods
I don't know how you do that in what is presumably dialogue-heavy gaming. For me to podcast while gaming it has to be a repetitive task like racing, rogueliking, replaying something.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chained Echoes is very, very, very good. Only 16 hours in and it's probably going to replace FFXII as my 2nd favorite JRPG of all time if for no other reason than it has everything I liked about FFXII in it. Also all the good stuff from like half a dozen others in the genre, and all this stuff interacts with each other without any friction at all without any need to ever grind anything. Basically a one man project too, wild.

edit - oh and it's on GamePass too which I didn't know. It's a perfect game for the Switch

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 08:04 on Sep 9, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

snoremac posted:

I don't know how you do that in what is presumably dialogue-heavy gaming. For me to podcast while gaming it has to be a repetitive task like racing, rogueliking, replaying something.

a lot of the dialog is bad or junk and it IS a repetitive task game hoovering up all loot -> sell -> run to hoover up more. or running 3000m along planets to find a cave and back. if im doing like an actual quest poo poo i'll hit the convenient media 'pause' button

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

snoremac posted:

There's a good amount of downtime between moments where there's a lot of dialogue; I just pause what I'm listening to for those scenes and then switch it back on when I'm gunning down space pirates in a bunker or decorating my house.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lostconfused posted:

You're only hurting yourself.

Nah it rules vaporising half of an enemy pack with a cloudkill cast and sending in Minsc and Khalid to mop up the rest.

"M-m-my heart isn't really in this" says the blender encases in a wall of steel.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

a lot of the dialog is bad or junk and it IS a repetitive task game hoovering up all loot -> sell -> run to hoover up more. or running 3000m along planets to find a cave and back. if im doing like an actual quest poo poo i'll hit the convenient media 'pause' button

having a wireless headset to your pc is a game changer, seamless chores to pc podcast listening w media controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the free rangers are written pretty well. loving each one I meet