Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that game sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1700325905778786753

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
my date picker had the year on top and +/- by one or 5 (maybe 10; I can't remember) years, then under that on the left a 2x6 grid of the months, and on the right the monthly calendar, so with 2 or 3 taps you could select a day, no scrolling through that lovely version of a <select> that phones use. On a phone the CSS made it take up the whole screen so it was extremely quick and easy to pick a date.

gently caress everything

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
date picking is a tricky thing, because there's date picking for scheduling a meeting next week, and then there's date picking for "what is your birthday", etc.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

my date picker had the year on top and +/- by one or 5 (maybe 10; I can't remember) years, then under that on the left a 2x6 grid of the months, and on the right the monthly calendar, so with 2 or 3 taps you could select a day, no scrolling through that lovely version of a <select> that phones use. On a phone the CSS made it take up the whole screen so it was extremely quick and easy to pick a date.

gently caress everything

i just had to make sure that you couldn't pick a date before today

the LOE hours was 12

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

date picking is a tricky thing, because there's date picking for scheduling a meeting next week, and then there's date picking for "what is your birthday", etc.

i wrote a VSTO app that did scheduling of lab tools in my downtime, dates and times always suck

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

emfive posted:

daughter A got to hang out with Amanda Palmer when she played a show at the "Museum of Human Achievement" in Austin, which is pretty much an abandoned building. She did a show with family friend Thor Harris, probably didn't pay anybody but the audience was possibly 10 people so, you know.

e: to be clear Palmer was doing the show, daughter was 10% of the audience

lol

I met her briefly years ago, she was really nice, surprisingly

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

https://twitter.com/InfiDale3476/status/1696872467015381119?s=20

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

TMRPT

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

bebop esq posted:

lol

I met her briefly years ago, she was really nice, surprisingly

yea daughter A said she was super nice, and of course Thor Harris is a friend to literally everybody he has ever met

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Piss????!?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
he was legit close to ending the Korean War. a couple hardliners in the admin hosed it up but there was a minute there when he actually might have done it. and it’s all the more incredible that his pitch was that they could build some nice condos in Inchon

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1700331974974435760?s=46

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Plinkey posted:

powerpoint might be the biggest time waster of anything other than taking a poo poo in my almost 20 years of being a computer toucher

(i have to make one next week about sonarcube)

i didn't know what that last word meant so i looked it up and something called SonarQube is a thing?

dunno if that's your gig or not but if so maybe spelling it right will make your presentation go better

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PDP-1 posted:

i didn't know what that last word meant so i looked it up and something called SonarQube is a thing?

dunno if that's your gig or not but if so maybe spelling it right will make your presentation go better

no, that's how im going to spell it the whole time in my power point

the only right spelling will be the URL at the end

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

emfive posted:

gently caress everything

i'm not really a programmer but i have recently had to program a thing for work and now can appreciate the time and effort that goes into making something that really does its job well and you get a sort of geek dopamine hit from figuring it all out followed by the downer when you present your solution in a powerpoint slide and nobody else gets the elegance of your solution or cares at all besides 'that function works now, next topic'

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

what the gently caress is going on? am I in a home already?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Piss????!?

I'm glad you're here and I have great respect, I hope you're OK, and yes

well I mean, sure, probably

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rip

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

PDP-1 posted:

i'm not really a programmer but i have recently had to program a thing for work and now can appreciate the time and effort that goes into making something that really does its job well and you get a sort of geek dopamine hit from figuring it all out followed by the downer when you present your solution in a powerpoint slide and nobody else gets the elegance of your solution or cares at all besides 'that function works now, next topic'

yea you work your way through it and then you take the paycheck and move on

I had a thing that let you get a PDF file from some poo poo, and a sales guy was going through a demo in a company meeting and was showing it, then said "well I'm not going to try to find that part again" and I pointed out that the table of contents was clickable, and he was like "oh wow that's cool" and that was the thanks I got for the best loving PDF download in world history.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

malcom was way better than that 70s show

i dont think this is a controversial stance; That 70's Show was a cute diversion steeped in nostalgia, Malcolm in the Middle was important art with timeless relevancy

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

DoombatINC posted:

i dont think this is a controversial stance; That 70's Show was a cute diversion steeped in nostalgia, Malcolm in the Middle was important art with timeless relevancy

:hai:

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

RandomBlue posted:

what the gently caress is going on? am I in a home already?

yes grandpa

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Nancy Pelosi has announced she's going to be running straight fuckin at you bro

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

he was legit close to ending the Korean War. a couple hardliners in the admin hosed it up but there was a minute there when he actually might have done it. and it’s all the more incredible that his pitch was that they could build some nice condos in Inchon

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1700331974974435760?s=46

:yooge: u gotta get that money lil rocket man, get on that grind

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

emfive posted:

yea you work your way through it and then you take the paycheck and move on

I had a thing that let you get a PDF file from some poo poo, and a sales guy was going through a demo in a company meeting and was showing it, then said "well I'm not going to try to find that part again" and I pointed out that the table of contents was clickable, and he was like "oh wow that's cool" and that was the thanks I got for the best loving PDF download in world history.

:respek:

mine was a non-standard embedded ethernet stack that would absolutely rocket UDP packets through with minimum latency, and in particular the most time critical command would be processed in the "packet received" ISR without even leaving interrupt context. it was several hundred times faster than the standard "use LWIP and the STM32 HAL" solution.

so i made a powerpoint slide presentation showing how all the pointer math and DMA tuning worked and they were like "yeah, great, nice job. bob is retiring next week who wants to contribute to the doughnut party fund"

like you say, it's a paycheck.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

what jury could convict this impish elf man?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
taco bell rolled tacos own, im gunna go pass out now

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
i've got the thread all to myself

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

what teh gently caress

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Trying to stay up and play starfield as long as possible every night

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ram dass in hell posted:

what teh gently caress

They can call it whatever they want give me more caffeine MORE

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Nasim

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
video games rule my world

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DoombatINC posted:

I watched the entire show start to finish with a college roommate abd the end was pretty powerful ngl

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I never watched either of them

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm so tired but Friday night only comes once a week 🤕

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wish this was me

https://twitter.com/markruffalo/status/1700191929063936169

e. i mean the llama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

trump?