Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I think this dude is genuinely bipolar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

BiggerBoat posted:

I think this dude is genuinely bipolar.

Has cocaine = manic phase
Doe not have cocaine = depressive phase

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just like me fr

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1700283311724061085?s=20

lol

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Most recent polls put Ramaswamy and DeSantis neck and neck behind Trump, and there's every indication that DeSantis' numbers will continue to fall because the more Republican voters see of him, the less they like him. If Trump were to kick the bucket within the next year, there's a very real chance that Vivek could be the Republican candidate.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Has cocaine = manic phase
Doe not have cocaine = depressive phase

Right, so self medicating. I don't see a coke head here - or at least someone under the influence of it, which I can generally spot having been one myself. But I DO see bipolar symptoms, having grown up with a manic, bipolar, and suicidal mother who often tried to pick weird fights, make very strange accusations and would ramble on about not much in particular that was completely ungrounded in reality. Like Mike Lindell does in these videos.

I'm obviously not a doctor. Just comparing what I see with the things I have seen and the one or two things I know and recognize that trigger alarm bells in my head. To me, I don't think he's on ANYTHING here, and that may be the problem with his weird lack of self control and the strangest thing about him, to me, is how much hero worship he receives from MAGA types as a great businessman, expose reporter and patriotic defender of democracy. Similar to Trump, really.

All he's really done is find a way to sell over priced pillows to stupid people that watch a ton of cable TV news and at least pretended to find Christ while supposedly recovering from a drug addiction. So one just has to be white, drape themselves in a flag, be rich and say they love God and half the country will follow them to the ends of the earth.

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

edit: whoops nvm sorry d&d

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

MeinPanzer posted:

Most recent polls put Ramaswamy and DeSantis neck and neck behind Trump, and there's every indication that DeSantis' numbers will continue to fall because the more Republican voters see of him, the less they like him. If Trump were to kick the bucket within the next year, there's a very real chance that Vivek could be the Republican candidate.

That assumes all the people who currently support Trump will for some reason split their support evenly between the existing contenders, including the brown one.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

kiminewt posted:

That assumes all the people who currently support Trump will for some reason split their support evenly between the existing contenders, including the brown one.

This is also based on questions asking Republican primary voters who plan to vote on Trump who they would vote for if they couldn't vote for Trump for whatever reason. DeSantis and Ramaswamy are basically tied there as well.

Ramaswamy by all accounts is in a similar situation to Trump's in the 2016 primary: he's self-funded, charismatic (at least in the way Republicans like), absolutely shameless, and is willing to say extreme things that his opponents aren't. DeSantis is beholden to the usual Republican donors, deeply unlikeable, and has put himself in the impossible situation vis-a-vis Trump of trying to run against him while only obliquely criticizing him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gap between DeSantis and Ramaswamy continues to widen as the months go on, though I doubt Trump would pick either as a running mate, since he would never want to be outshone by his VP.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TepidButterASMR/status/1700670176771862812

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
My experience since 2009 is that the core of the Republican Party would rather there be no country than have another brown person lead it.

Vivek can win all the polls but when ballot day happens he ain’t getting the nod.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Proud of my school.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/brianneDMR/status/1700608026736996559

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MeinPanzer posted:

Ramaswamy by all accounts is in a similar situation to Trump's in the 2016 primary: he's self-funded, charismatic (at least in the way Republicans like), absolutely shameless, and is willing to say extreme things that his opponents aren't. DeSantis is beholden to the usual Republican donors, deeply unlikeable, and has put himself in the impossible situation vis-a-vis Trump of trying to run against him while only obliquely criticizing him.

So the actual differences between Ramaswamy and DeSantis are funding source and amount of charisma.

The main issue with figuring out which one of them becomes the front runner in the world without Trump, is assuming the field otherwise stays the same. If Trump drops out then all of hell's demons will flood the field. DeSantis and Ramaswamy are just the best of the absolute loving idiots who thought they could run in 2024 alongside Trump.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Suddenly... JEB!

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Gyges posted:

So the actual differences between Ramaswamy and DeSantis are funding source and amount of charisma.

The main issue with figuring out which one of them becomes the front runner in the world without Trump, is assuming the field otherwise stays the same. If Trump drops out then all of hell's demons will flood the field. DeSantis and Ramaswamy are just the best of the absolute loving idiots who thought they could run in 2024 alongside Trump.

Cue "absolutely a regular human" Ted Cruz

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ah, yes. This must be that "Greatest Hamburger Ever Grilled in All of History" I've heard so much about.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just loving once I'd like to see a reporter counter with "As president, your first act would be to literally swear to your god to uphold the US constitution, yet you stand here stating you intend to violate it."

edit: How do you pronounce this guy's name anyway? Is it really like "swami" meaning "teacher"? So his name is "Teaches people about Rama, the incarnation of Vishnu"

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 10, 2023

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just loving once I'd like to see a reporter counter with "As president, your first act would be to literally swear to your god to uphold the US constitution, yet you stand here stating you intend to violate it."

We’re stuck in this untenable situation:

- populists/fascists/demagogues have always just thrown these insane claims and promises around, and
- before trump came along and showed the world that the executive branch can do whatever it wants and let the courts sort it out years later, we assumed these insane promises were entirely rabble-rousing lip service with no teeth, and therefore nothing to really worry about.
- therefore, the common advice to deal with this used to be “don’t feed the trolls, don’t give him airtime, don’t let him suck up all the oxygen in the room by not inviting him to the room.”, BUT
- trump happened and see point #2 above, so
- now we can’t simply hand wave away assholes like Vivek, because if he manages to grab a lever of power he’s got the Trump Gameplan to use and improve upon to enact these blatantly unconstitutional plans with complete disregard for anyone’s ability to stop him. If plan 1 gets struck down, he moves on to plan 2,3,4 and 5 and just shotguns the system with bullshit. Same thing Trumpworld did.
- The Viveks of the world don’t have to give a poo poo whether some reporter asks a direct, difficult question because (skilled) politicians have perfected the ability to ignore a question while still giving an answer to it.

So what the gently caress, now we have to spread our attention and energy thinner and thinner as more and more rightwingers pick up the Trump Gameplan and start running with it.

Anyways I’ll have a Chicken Surprise with a Diet Coke, no ice.

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 10, 2023

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
It wouldn't be the gotcha moment you think it would be, they always weasel out of it and their supporters don't care.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Oh poo poo this is the picture thread, woops.
Uhhhh

[img url=https://i.imgur.com/CjZmAef.jpg][/img]

[img url=https://i.imgur.com/8r7Rl19.jpg][/img]

Anybody have any advice what the gently caress happened to iOS image embeds

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
your tags are bad

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1701259262360748343

She goes to a different school tho

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
It would send the wrong signals to have her on the primary campaign trail because she lives in Canada.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

80's screwball mistaken identity comedy in the offing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It would be funny if both of the senators from South Carolina were closeted

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/normcharlatan/status/1701245369416307103

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's a whole thread of htem if you want to die of cringe

https://twitter.com/sherwudforest/status/1700521934918685046

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/dubyaeraleft/status/1701223567017296024?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/potus/status/1701319831235031284?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

zoux posted:

Here's a whole thread of htem if you want to die of cringe
From that thread:

That was a strange and hosed up time. I was in a HS bio class at the time, and all the boys were immediately stoked for America to kill a bunch of people. Just barely-contained glee.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Has the feel of someone who probably went on to make some reprehensible points but that's a pretty striking work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He seems to be pretty okay from what I've managed to find. Like he went the opposite of the "close the border, bomb the Arabs" rhetoric, so far from the bottom of the political cartoonist barrel for the era.