Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

so benghazi is going away after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol jesus

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hillary Clinton is using HAARP to cover up her crime
S

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

using Stormy Daniel to cover up Benghazi

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Another 9/11 in the forecast it seems

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

so benghazi is going away after all

https://twitter.com/CharlieDaniels/status/1700495489349599621

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Getting a bit more dicey on the models. Here's hoping it does steer a bit more to the east

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41044

Buoy about 150 miles north of Lee showing 25 foot waves

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

NeonPunk posted:

Getting a bit more dicey on the models. Here's hoping it does steer a bit more to the east

I was joking about the whole Martha's Vineyard thing, I didn't mean to monkey's paw that.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

smoobles posted:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I was not joking about my trick shot into the long island sound and hitting Groton

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
yessss

https://twitter.com/lockingitin/status/1700585272671445389

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

were going to need a newer port

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

uh oh!!!!!!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

*waving like a furious Carlton Fisk to get the eye to move a little bit to the left*

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

NeonPunk posted:

Sick of being edged by models. Wipe me from the face of the planet, Lee. Do it.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

I’m gonna lock it in

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

smoobles posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh no! Not America's most mob-affiliated-ist state!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rhode Island had a good run

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

I wish that hurricane could smack into Rhode Island without taking me down with it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MassTran posted:

I wish that hurricane could smack into Rhode Island without taking me down with it

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

:smithcloud:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I'm just teasing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
But seriously are you willing to take one for the team?

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Help me understand something, oh mighty weather nerds:
Normal summertime thunderstorms in New England are a wall of cells moving roughly west to east. This summer we keep getting flood events because the storms are stationary. Right now I've got a storm parked a few miles west of me that's put out 6 inches of rain in the last hour on a very small region. We've seen this time and again this year. On the radar maps it looks like an atmospheric geyser- a focused red or purple blob of heavy rain with green whisps of lighter rain trailing off to the east just staying put for a couple of hours.

What causes these stationary thunderstorms & floods to form instead of our normal fast moving ones?

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm just teasing.

:unsmith:

dr_rat posted:

But seriously are you willing to take one for the team?

Well, I suppose good is its own reward

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MassTran posted:

Well, I suppose good is its own reward

If it comes to it, you will be remembered as the hero that you are!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Odonata posted:

Normal summertime thunderstorms in New England are a wall of cells moving roughly west to east. This summer we keep getting flood events because the storms are stationary. Right now I've got a storm parked a few miles west of me that's put out 6 inches of rain in the last hour on a very small region. We've seen this time and again this year. On the radar maps it looks like an atmospheric geyser- a focused red or purple blob of heavy rain with green whisps of lighter rain trailing off to the east just staying put for a couple of hours.

What causes these stationary thunderstorms & floods to form instead of our normal fast moving ones?

God

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wait now we need to kill the meteorologist weather people and god?

Ah nuts, I thought this was just going to be a quite afternoon. :(

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

MassTran posted:

The key to dealing with weather voyeurism guilt is to become the most excited when the death event is coming directly for you.

Achieve a state of zen and embrace your future as the one holding the camera.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Odonata posted:

The back building component of the moisture flow is roughly equal to the downstream flow of the actual air, thus resulting in stationary thunderstorms.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Odonata posted:

You want the Weatherpocalypse thread, this is the Weatherdammerung thread. Rookie mistake!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Paradoxish posted:

The key to dealing with weather voyeurism guilt is to become the most excited when the death event is coming directly for you.

I was looking forward to Hilary for this very reason

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Dont listen to him, he lives in the desert or something and jacks off thermometers

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

nikosoft posted:

Dont listen to him, he lives in the desert or something and jacks off thermometers

That's not totally true. I don't live in the desert any more.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SirPablo posted:

That's not totally true. I don't live in the desert any more.

You must have forearms like Popeye by now.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

lock her up

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Attack and dethrone the meteorologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

dr_rat posted:

If it comes to it, you will be remembered as the hero that you are!

:patriot:

Paradoxish posted:

You all better thank my corpse when Rhode Island is over