Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Macaluso posted:

My only issue with that final boss is it feels like they have a little too much health. You beat them once already, I feel like they should be a little weaker when you're fighting all three at once, because the fight ends up feeling like kind of a slog.

The ones you already beat do have significantly lower health than the one you didn't, but since you have to take down the healthy one first it does feel kind of long, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Jonny 290 posted:

genuine question: speaking of difficult raids, i'm going to stop stalling and get into EW. how is the normal content path? i don't think i'll ever be good enough to memorize the dances for savages or w/e but i don't want to look like an idiot in duty finder. is there any previous content that would be good training?

Echoing what's been said, but the raids are all story level content. It's extremely likely a new person will die a few times before they recognize the tells, but at the normal raid level you won't catch any flak unless there's a huge shitlord in the group.

And you can always do a shout in discord to pick up a few people if you want to make sure you have some chill people with you. People love running new content with first timers. It's both fun to see how people react, plus there are bonuses for vets.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shinryu came up in Trial Roulette last night, and I died in the opening Tidal Wave phase, but not for the reason you think!

I was trying to get close to the edge, and walked right off.

We all had a good laugh about it!

And yeah, Zot can be a real bitch the first time through. I somehow ended up in a party where all 4 of us were doing it for the first time. We came close to running the timer out before we beat it. So many deaths to each Boss. So. Many. 🐴

(My keyboard suggested that 🐴, because :iiam:)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just realized that right now is a drat good time to get my trusts leveled through EW.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

One time I got Shinryu in roulette and saw there were new players, so I started by saying "run towards the waterspout", so of course one of them tried to jump into it.

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

Bruceski posted:

No offence if you're the one having an issue, but how do you get stuck at meteors? That feels very straightforward to me. People unable to agree whether support or dps do puddle first?

The biggest issue I see on meteors is someone in the second lightning group doesn't line up the lightning fast enough and clips a meteor which is a guaranteed wipe. I know a lot of guides say things like "if your group can clear Levinstrike you can clear the fight" and my guess is people believe that without actually knowing how to do meteors or Chimeric Succession.

Edit to add: I almost forgot my favorite: joining a Duty Complete party only to zone in and see "One or more party members have yet to complete this duty". Guess which party member can't even get past martialist?

Joe Chip fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 10, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Endorph posted:

seriously i know a lot of people have anxiety about their gameplay but if you are kind of paying attention to your rotation and sort of understand how to move your character around to dodge stuff you are better than about 70% of the people who play this game
I can second this. I have seen some stupid-rear end parties and I do a lot of dungeons as tanks when I remember to do roulettes at all. If you are able to execute a DPS rotation and don't die to familiar stuff very often, you are probably credit to team already.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Joe Chip posted:

Edit to add: I almost forgot my favorite: joining a Duty Complete party only to zone in and see "One or more party members have yet to complete this duty". Guess which party member can't even get past martialist?

ironically, in my experience the average clear-for-one player tends to actually know their poo poo and just got tired of never finding seven other people who can clear, compared to all the people who got carried across the finish line and now clog up the weekly reclear pipelines

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thanks all, appreciate the pile of reinforcement. gonna start this poo poo tonight! I assume the trailer doesn't get real spoilery with anything?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The trailer only spoilers a few locations in the sense of "you're going to these general geographic locations," IMO.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mordiceius posted:

I just realized that right now is a drat good time to get my trusts leveled through EW.

<The Seventh Dawn> calls another :sickos:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Zeruel posted:

finally, finally got blood sworn with the moogles, and even got the card first try. now I gotta get back into Eureka.

I just capped the rep for all the tribes myself today, and have been going through the Allied quests. They're more involved than I expected. I'm going to have to put off the last set until tomorrow since I'm still recovering from a cold.

Going through the HW one right now, though, and got this line:

Which is a bit...awkward after 5.5...

(I know the game treats quests like they're in a bubble depending on their release, but still.)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Let me tell ya about doing the level 50 culinarian quest after the feast at the end of ARR....

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I luckily just missed doing that to myself. :v: I did it during some downtime I took during HW patch MSQ to not burn out.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I requested a sidestory with Firmalbert because duh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Assuming that's what you wanted!

That was indeed.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Leal posted:

Let me tell ya about doing the level 50 culinarian quest after the feast at the end of ARR....

This one can be justified as the WoL having the memory of a goldfish, and Lolorito attempting a funny bit.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gruckles posted:

This one can be justified as the WoL having the memory of a goldfish, and Lolorito attempting a funny bit.

Given the Eden raids at least one of these things is canon.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pagos relic done. a nice afternoon of fumbling around with randos to get dem crystals. Stooooked

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I always just imagine any quest is actually taking place timeline wise in the patch it was released. The cul 50 stuff, timeline wise, takes place in 2.0. Anything done out of order is just you having a lil flashback. We do a lot of time traveling. This is canon since 1.0!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I always just imagine any quest is actually taking place timeline wise in the patch it was released. The cul 50 stuff, timeline wise, takes place in 2.0. Anything done out of order is just you having a lil flashback. We do a lot of time traveling. This is canon since 1.0!

This is pretty much how the devs intend you to read it

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Mr. Neutron posted:

Having spent over 3 hours trying Voidcast Dais ex yesterday, I have to say I don't think I'd enjoy this style of raiding over WoW's. It's less of a fight and more of a pattern memorisation game. He uses the same exact attacks at precisely the same times every single time, zero variation. Learn where you need to stand at any given moment and you will eventually win. And from what I could gather, pretty much all fights in the game are like this?

Not saying it's necessarily worse that WoW, it's just different. I can see how some people might prefer it but I'm not one of them.

Voidcast has extra memorization since one of that fight's main gimmicks is "indicate a thing that's going to happen much later" but, yeah, a lot of that is just how the game works. Ability timings are fixed, randomness is primarily through specific attacks coming in a few permutations that you have to react to. Entirely random target aoes and random or HP%-based ability timings almost never happen, there's rarely player-controlled area denials or phase transitions, etc.

I do think Voidcast is a little more rote than the average trial and I can recommend trying Storm's Crown Extreme if you can find a party for it. Compared to Voidcast it has a bit more tempo and less strict pattern recognition. It's not going to be a completely different paradigm or anything though: highly scripted dancefights is ultimately what FF14 does.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

<The Seventh Dawn> calls another :sickos:

It is genuinely infuriating that that there are 7 trusts members for EW. Meaning that you have to do the full grind three times because a single person will need that third run.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Arist posted:

This is pretty much how the devs intend you to read it
A funny thing I found on my alt (was probably pointed out before in the Shadowbringers thread when it was new, but I’m not searching) was there is one accounting for undone content (post-79 trial): in the echo in the Tower, G’raha will tell Urianger that he hasn’t met the Warrior of Light on the Source yet in this timeline, and hopes not to spoil their initial encounter. Granted, that version of the scene can’t happen on any new characters anymore with the new requirements, but it was a neat little integration.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 11, 2023

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hogama posted:

A funny thing I found on my alt (was probably pointed out before in the Shadowbringers thread when it was new, but I’m not searching) was there is one accounting for undone content (post-69 trial): in the echo in the Tower, G’raha will tell Urianger that he hasn’t met the Warrior of Light on the Source yet in this timeline, and hopes not to spoil their initial encounter. Granted, that version of the scene can’t happen on any new characters anymore with the new requirements, but it was a neat little integration.

I love little attentions to detail like that.

Like, I've been doing Pixie dailies to help level my BLU, and the quest to get the really good grass for the sheep ends with the pixie talking to the grass-person Anders, but if you've done the custom delivery quests, they'll be all "Well yeah, I know Anders is outside, but this is still also Anders."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

the_steve posted:

I love little attentions to detail like that.

Like, I've been doing Pixie dailies to help level my BLU, and the quest to get the really good grass for the sheep ends with the pixie talking to the grass-person Anders, but if you've done the custom delivery quests, they'll be all "Well yeah, I know Anders is outside, but this is still also Anders."
they were very explicit during his questline, that's Anden II

(Anden III is the mount)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a fair amount of unique dialog in heavensward if you've done the ARR dragoon quests, since you meet estinien in those before you meet him in the actual MSQ

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Mordiceius posted:

Trusts don't give mogtomes, unfortunately.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If I won't do savage, is the best gear I'll be able to get for the rest of the expansion 650 tome gear + one 640 ring?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You'll be able to augment the tome gear to 660 with the coins from the 3rd alliance raid + the first two. So you'll eventually be able to get 660 everything but a ring, 650 un-augmented ring, and 665 relic weapon in 6.55

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Eventually you'll be able to upgrade 650 gear into 660. One way to do this is to get the Alliance raid coins.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Is there a reason you can’t get two rings?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

goblin week posted:

Is there a reason you can’t get two rings?

The current tier tome gear rings are unique so you can't wear two at once (they'll stop being unique in 7.0 when they turn into poetics gear)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Well, I'm glad to finally have this done. It was a goal I figured I'd keep putting off and never actually finish, so I'm surprised it actually happened!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Until then you can wear an augmented and unaugmented together since they're different items. The crafted gear will also be upgradeable by 10 ilevels

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Interesting to note that once the final stage relic weapon is out it will no longer be necessary to complete the savage tier for bis, as you can get all the non weapon pieces from p9-11.

The only loot reason to do p12 at that point (assuming tier is unlocked) is the mount.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The schedule for EU FanFest is up.

Aside from the Keynote, there's another event of particular note:

quote:

Welcome to Naoki's Room

Yoshi-P will be joined by special guest FINAL FANTASY series founder Hironobu Sakaguchi to chat about his adventures as a Warrior of Light. In the second half we will also host a Q&A session to answer your burning questions!

Players can submit questions here until Monday, 18 September at 22:59 (GMT) / 23:59 (BST) / Tuesday, 19 September at 9:59 (AEDT). Please keep your questions concise and limit each post to a single question. This will allow other players to simply hit "like!" on the post to show their support and help us prioritise questions.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

This is my first new expansion cycle. Should we be expecting news about upcoming Dawntrail stuff from the EU fanfest like the NA one or do they usually just announce stuff at the first one and keep it to that?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

quiggy posted:

This is my first new expansion cycle. Should we be expecting news about upcoming Dawntrail stuff from the EU fanfest like the NA one or do they usually just announce stuff at the first one and keep it to that?

My understanding is that each Keynote reveals some new thing about the expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think they announce a little more at each fanfest, like one of the two new jobs will be confirmed next.