Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

I followed a guide to turn off the Google account linking and now the mobile app works great.

The downside is that my productivity at work is now hosed.

Does this turn it off for every app, or just STS? Assuming the latter, please share, as I'd love to not have to decline linking every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
For mobile if you switch to another app then switch back it loads right away.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Please friend, we are here to support each other through the good times and the bad.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
hey, any of you ever played this game called "Slay the Spire". I hear it's pretty neato.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

EconDad posted:

hey, any of you ever played this game called "Slay the Spire". I hear it's pretty neato.

Never heard of it, what's the plot

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Relyssa posted:

Does this turn it off for every app, or just STS? Assuming the latter, please share, as I'd love to not have to decline linking every single time.

You can turn it off by game in the Play Games app on Android. Go to settings, change account for game and then de-link StS.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

EconDad posted:

Sounds epic. How are the lootboxes? Which dlc should I get first?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I followed a guide to turn off the Google account linking and now the mobile app works great.

The downside is that my productivity at work is now hosed.

Do you have a link to the guide?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

SlimGoodbody posted:

Never heard of it, what's the plot

colorful characters, trinkets a'plenty. and ... whass'that? CARDS TOO?!?!?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Tree Bucket posted:

Sounds epic. How are the lootboxes? Which dlc should I get first?

unless you send $5 per minute to Mega Crit they shut you down and stop your Slaying of Spires.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

EconDad posted:

unless you send $5 per minute to Mega Crit they shut you down and stop your Slaying of Spires.

With the Critacular Battlepass, you only have to send $4.99.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The ppl modding sts and playing spinoffs are futilely trying to chase the dragon. Imo just accept you enjoyed the unique and challenging experience of STS and that for its niche you will not find its equal. Its still quite fun!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Diqnol posted:

The ppl modding sts and playing spinoffs are futilely trying to chase the dragon. Imo just accept you enjoyed the unique and challenging experience of STS and that for its niche you will not find its equal. Its still quite fun!

Oof! Poor Baalor, chasing the dragon. Does this apply to mod creators, too? If so, poor Jorbs. Also poor M:TG Champion Michael Mayhem.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Diqnol posted:

Downfall is extremely good and cool, I'll have you know.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Diqnol posted:

Condescending and stupid. Like being told you only enjoy spire because you're just chasing the high of playing MTG when you were 7.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Where's the lie tho.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Shivan Dragon used to mean something

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I will forever use the pbox mod and a25 ascension mod tyvm

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

cheeseboy58 posted:

I will forever use the pbox mod and a25 ascension mod tyvm

What about the a55 mod

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

The a24 mod where instead of fighting the heart at the end you fight a bagel with everything on it.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
https://twitter.com/MegaCrit/status/1702077576209207611

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:blastu:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I know nothing about this, but that statement looks based as all gently caress.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yoshi Wins posted:

I know nothing about this, but that statement looks based as all gently caress.

the short version: unity recently made a change to their licensing agreement that would increase licensing fees, including things like a surcharge for every install of the game a person does on their device, which would also apply retroactively to any games made before the license change, so every major player in the indie scene is getting the pitchforks out

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

From what I heard, it also counts multiple downloads by the same user as new downloads for the purpose of charging devs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vermain posted:

the short version: unity recently made a change to their licensing agreement that would increase licensing fees, including things like a surcharge for every install of the game a person does on their device, which would also apply retroactively to any games made before the license change, so every major player in the indie scene is getting the pitchforks out

Some more context: Unity went public as a company (meaning they're subject to the vagaries of the investment market) in 2020, and their CEO is an avaricious psychopath who makes Bobby Kotick look like a kindly Santa Claus.

This entire thing is a naked cash grab to juice as much revenue (and stock growth) as possible before they all dump their bags and parachute away from the crashing tower.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Gross.

Well, yeah, good strong statement then.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I want a new game from the Slay creators. It has to be... so good.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SlimGoodbody posted:

From what I heard, it also counts multiple downloads by the same user as new downloads for the purpose of charging devs.

It can also include pirated installs.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

EconDad posted:

I want a new game from the Slay creators. It has to be... so good.

Slay the spire…..in isometric 3D!

*4 bajillion downloads in the first week

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Aipsh posted:

Slay the spire…..in isometric 3D!

*4 bajillion downloads in the first week

Slay the Spire, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Spay the Slire, veterinary surgery simulator in a Jabberwockian nonsense fantasy world. Also it's a rhythm game or some poo poo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Slay the Spire, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

No lie I would play the poo poo out of DMC roguelike deckbuilder.

Dante has a mechanic where you do moves to build up Style which you can spend on cool moves, with certain moves getting buffs if you're in a certain Stance.
Vergil building up Concentration which he can spend on high-value abilities but is lost if he has to use a defense card.
Nero getting a bunch of one-shot arm cards.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Hat DLC

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
This is not Warhammer sir, we don't deserve Hat DLC

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Dante has a mechanic where you do moves to build up Style which you can spend on cool moves, with certain moves getting buffs if you're in a certain Stance.
Vergil building up Concentration which he can spend on high-value abilities but is lost if he has to use a defense card.

Yo that actually does sound tight as gently caress

Also, here's a shower thought I had which the thread might like to poke at as a thought experiment:

If there were a new character added whose deck was made from the Colorless set, could they work? What would their starting relic be (existing or a new one)? What's their theme? All the other characters seem have some kind of association with an agent or faction within the Spire, so what's theirs?

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

They'd be the giant head's cousin

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Rodney The Yam II posted:

They'd be the giant head's cousin

I love this

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Maybe they would have tons of health, zero energy but gain energy from being hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

ImpAtom posted:

We got mod tools, go make these characters right now, I demand it.