Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RestingB1tchFace posted:

BS first week. Just brutal.

Truth

Lamar did nothing, Diontae got hurt…

No real shootouts either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

pmchem posted:

has there ever been a season when the same team produced two RBs in the top 20 of fantasy scoring (non-PPR)?

I kind of wonder if ATL has a chance to do it this season

Its happened a couple times with Gio/Jeremy Hill, Bush/Joique so it wouldnt be crazy

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Truth

Lamar did nothing, Diontae got hurt…

No real shootouts either

Dolphins / Chargers was a hell of a game. Of course the only piece I had was Waddle who went for 9 points

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

pmchem posted:

has there ever been a season when the same team produced two RBs in the top 20 of fantasy scoring (non-PPR)?

I kind of wonder if ATL has a chance to do it this season

2022 DAL (8) Tony Pollard + (17) Ezekiel Elliot
2021 DEN (17) Melvin Gordon + (18) Javonte Williams
2020 CLE (9) Nick Chubb + (10) Kareem Hunt
2018 CHI (17) Tarik Cohen + (20) Jordan Howard
2017 already mentioned
2014 CIN (10) Jeremy Hill + (18) Giovani Bernard

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AnacondaHL posted:

2017 already mentioned

Besides those ones!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

2017 already mentioned

nice data mining. I had CLE in the back of my head but honestly would've guessed some of those others (2018 tarik, 2014 gio) were outside of top-20. that was std, not ppr?

good stuff thanks

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Really hoping that Aaron Jones injury isn't significant. And that Andrews plays next week (of course we were told that his injury was nothing serious and not to worry about it).. And that Fields is better going forward (probably wishful thinking). How are my teams so injured and it's only week 1?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sataere posted:

Besides those ones!

Back one more decade then!

2013 SDC (12) Ryan Mathews + (19) Danny Woodhead
2009 CAR (12) Jonathan Stewart + (14) DeAngelo Williams
2007 MIN (4) Adrian Peterson + (20) Chester Taylor
2007 JAX (13) Maurice Jones-Drew + (18) Fred Taylor
2006 JAX (8) Maurice Jones-Drew + (18) Fred Taylor
2006 NO (10) Deuce McAllister + (15) Reggie Bush

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AnacondaHL posted:

Back one more decade then!

2013 SDC (12) Ryan Mathews + (19) Danny Woodhead
2009 CAR (12) Jonathan Stewart + (14) DeAngelo Williams
2007 MIN (4) Adrian Peterson + (20) Chester Taylor
2007 JAX (13) Maurice Jones-Drew + (18) Fred Taylor
2006 JAX (8) Maurice Jones-Drew + (18) Fred Taylor
2006 NO (10) Deuce McAllister + (15) Reggie Bush

Fred Taylor, now THAT's a name from the past.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Fragile Fred baby. Loved him.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

lol at early qb draft strategies

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Josh Allen is gonna score 50 points

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Well my team had a good week besides Burrow, but it didn't matter because i got clowned on by pollard and the cowboys DST

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Judgy Fucker posted:

Is it good or bad when the defense is the highest scoring part of your team?

Is it Dallas :stare:

I don’t think I’ve seen 35 before

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 11, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

Is it Dallas :stare:

I don’t think I’ve seen 36 before

No Philadelphia

I did not win lol

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My Dallas D is only 10 points less than my opponents entire team and we have 2 QB slots.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

Fred Taylor, now THAT's a name from the past.

Seriously—it IMMEDIATELY makes me think of NFL Blitz. I can hear the announcer saying it in my head whenever I read his name

For someone who was travelling all day and didn't get to see a single game, any hot potential waiver wire pick-ups based on today's performances? Or I dunno, any who performed well today but should be avoided anyways for whatever reason?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible to sell high on a defense? I have a guy looking to trade for Dallas D but I wouldn’t even know what is a possible trade offer for a defense. We can trade draft picks for next year (keeper league)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just want to give a shout out to Tyreek Hill for being the only player in my league to put up more fantasy points than the Cowboys defense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I ended up with the Dallas D because I didn't click on Jalen Warren fast enough in the draft and the computer auto picked Dallas D for me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1701072574975979792

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Unlikely but if Garrett Wilson has a poo poo game tomorrow I could steal a win I definitely don’t deserve thanks to Dallas D.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Had a dude in our league break 150pts, luckily I wasn't playing them this week. Every other team than me scored less than 100. And I started Burrows, THANK YOU DALLAS DEFENSE!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I started Burrow and Daniel Jones in a Superflex dynasty league today. It.... did not go well.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
What should do about Kyren Williams? I have him in my dynasty league where I'm tanking and rebuilding and I don't have much use for him right now. I got offered a (likely late) 3rd round rookie pick for him, and my gut is telling me to just take it even though I think he's probably worth more than that. Is he going to be used enough that I should try to get more for him later in the season?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d counter for a second at least just to see what happens.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Jingleheimer posted:

I just want to give a shout out to Tyreek Hill for being the only player in my league to put up more fantasy points than the Cowboys defense.

Same, but with the added bullshit of the same person (commish) having both of them. Tyreek 50, Dallas DST 42.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I'd at least make sure I got a second. He looks like he could at least be a volume back. That is worth a second.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I’d counter for a second at least just to see what happens.

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I'd at least make sure I got a second. He looks like he could at least be a volume back. That is worth a second.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot but I don't think he'll go for it. It would have to be his 2026 2nd since that's the only 2nd he has, so maybe he'll do it for a pick that far out.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is this the support group for the people who have been throughly dunked on by a defense?

On the brightside if i had chosen every single right player to start from my team, i'd still have lost so clearly i made no wrong decisions this week.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Had a dude in our league break 150pts, luckily I wasn't playing them this week. Every other team than me scored less than 100. And I started Burrows, THANK YOU DALLAS DEFENSE!

Same. He already had the high score thanks to McCaffrey and Aiyuk. Dallas D got him to 153. One other team barely broke 100. My Burrow Chase team did not fare well lol

I did not play against the Dallas D but they did cost me the weekly high score prize in my other league :mad:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Gus or Hill in full PPR?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Nah, Dallas was my number one defense this year. It might just be that.

Sataere pumped up Dallas' Defense so much I went and got them for an overpay including one league where I paid $6 for them and my week 1 matchup was against... Sataere

You did this to yourself Sataere

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pron on VHS posted:

Gus or Hill in full PPR?

the answer is always "the Bus".

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah I feel bad for Dobbins, any career ending injury absolutely sucks, but I drafted him the year he got hurt in preseason and swore off him forever. Sunday morning I just had a feeling and grabbed Gus off FA in my family league.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The first week is always weird, I have the 4th highest projected score out of 14 with 84 points in PPR. Sadly going to lose to one of the two teams that cleared 90.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm streaming defenses and started Minnesota against Tampa.(Commies were already taken)

That was a terrible choice.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

The first week is always weird, I have the 4th highest projected score out of 14 with 84 points in PPR. Sadly going to lose to one of the two teams that cleared 90.

Myself and my opponent are at 197-194. He still has Allen to play tonight, I’m done.

The rest of the league hasn’t cracked 150…. This is how my season will go.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Gus or Hill in full PPR?

Kenneth Gainwell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ferroque posted:

Kenneth Gainwell

Yeah what the hell - is Swift not 100% or not fully up to speed on the playbook or something???