Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

im just whining but it seems like whenever i get tagged i slow down to a standstill and promptly get owned because im a stationary target but when anyone else gets tagged they continue along at full speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

well at least im CONSISTENTLY bad

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

hbag posted:

well at least im CONSISTENTLY bad

Hello what is this? I need to know how bad I am too.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Push El Burrito posted:

Hello what is this? I need to know how bad I am too.

leetify, here's my profile:
https://leetify.com/app/profile/76561198047393376

its basically like that csgo 360 stats thing but free. just add their bot on steam and itll automatically track your competitive matches (although i think you might have to give it the share code for your most recent match but after that it should do it automatically)

there's also scope.gg but thats tied in to some case gambling site i think

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does that only do csgo or does it now do cs2?

I want to know how bad I really am

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Leetify is really cool and it's super interesting how they collect the data to be able to examine all sorts of aspects of your play.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ilmucche posted:

Does that only do csgo or does it now do cs2?

I want to know how bad I really am

theyre working on cs2 but afaik they dont have all the stats for it yet

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm Prime, no de-merits, got MM rank, WHERE IS MY drat INVITE

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

who cares isnt it literally the same thing

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Vahakyla posted:

Friday nights

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh wow lowering my sensitivity really did help. i went from eating poo poo every match to actually being useful
https://leetify.com/app/match-details/f750ce87-c4c4-44ab-a5ca-62a0e867c7cf/overview

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol at my consistency score for that match

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Pandaal posted:

It’s the right call. If you’re the solo guy playing with a 4 stack it just always 100% sucks. Best case scenario you play with no comms while they all sit in a discord call and reserve their push-to-talk key solely to blame the odd man out for every lost round. Back when there were bots you’d just end up getting vote kicked so one of them could play the bot every round. 3-stack still allows a chance at another 2 guys playing together. Otherwise find a 5th buddy.

This literally fuckin' happened to me on Thursday night and it tilted me off the face of the earth. On the other hand one of the dudes was so butthurt he commented on my steam profile :v:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm not as bad as I thought ok.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Push El Burrito posted:

I'm not as bad as I thought ok.

well, that graph isnt really a measure of how good you are, just how consistent your performance has been with your past up to 100 matches

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

hbag posted:

well, that graph isnt really a measure of how good you are, just how consistent your performance has been with your past up to 100 matches

Please stop trying to drag me, the new king of counter strike, down.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Before you drive yourselves crazy over it let me catch all the new leetify members up… “Positioning” is a nonsense rating by leetify’s own admission and until it improves don’t beat yourself up over that stat.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Pandaal posted:

Before you drive yourselves crazy over it let me catch all the new leetify members up… “Positioning” is a nonsense rating by leetify’s own admission and until it improves don’t beat yourself up over that stat.

according to leetify my utility usage is on par with the global elite

somehow

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I will never throw a flash. I’ve been playing since 99, not gonna learn now.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Flashes are the only type of grenade I buy most of the time in GO because they're the ones I use the best. I'm not that great with all the others.

(Please note that I only play in Filthy Casual mode so I have no idea how useful each grenade type is in Competitive.)

Grimthwacker fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 11, 2023

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Vahakyla posted:

I will never throw a flash. I’ve been playing since 99, not gonna learn now.

aim high into the sky throw it and assume it will hit everyone and just hold w

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Vahakyla posted:

Yo, same. Whose dick do I gotta suck to get a cs2 invite?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Vahakyla posted:

If it helps, one of my accounts that has been chat muted for like 1.5 years got an invite in the last wave *shrugs*

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
a good flash play is second only to a good run boost play in the lols it gives you

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I do miss half time in competetive with the five second window of screaming.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm not a big fan of the 5 player walkout starting each half, but I guess they need to show off skins?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Skins are cool and good so I do love flashiness.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So when is CS2 actually going to release? They said it would be "sometime this summer", but that window's come and gone.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Fall solstice (or equinox, i don't remember which) is September 21, they have 10 days left

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 11, 2023

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Grimthwacker posted:

So when is CS2 actually going to release? They said it would be "sometime this summer", but that window's come and gone.

Summer ends September 22. There is still time.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I haven't looked into this. But I'm assuming that cs2 is releasing free to play. Do you have to pay for a 'prime tier'? Or If you paid for csgo do you get anything 'extra' like prime match making was?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

sterster posted:

I haven't looked into this. But I'm assuming that cs2 is releasing free to play. Do you have to pay for a 'prime tier'? Or If you paid for csgo do you get anything 'extra' like prime match making was?

I'm pretty sure everything will be structured the way csgo was. I have no proof to back this up but it's the vibes it gives off.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So will this be a new game or will it just become it on Steam? Like, wilm CSGO just turn into CS2 in steam library?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

CSGO becomes CS2. GO won’t exist once the update hits.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

they better keep it in the betas menu like they have with a bunch of old versions of csgo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright so matchmaking is still figuring out my rank since i havent really touched csgo since high school and lmao i won a silver elite match and my very next match was just a bunch of master guardians. still won but i was bottom fragging by a lot lol

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

With loadout selection what weapons people are running with? I am NOT using the CZ, R8, Nova, Sawed Off, P90, PP-Bizon, UMP45, MP5-SD, FAMAS and both auto snipers. I have the M249 equipped for the Ts since I never buy the Sawed Off or P90 and it is a funny weapon to use when you are up 10-1. I am going to drop the FAMAS for a while because on force buys I find it better to get a P250 + XM/MP7. I have both M4s equipped even though I only use the A1s since a teammate might want a A4 as a drop.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i like the galil because its essentially just the ak but with slightly less damage and better recoil control

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The famas feels pretty good in cs2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ilmucche posted:

The famas feels pretty good in cs2

famas recoil after the first bullet