Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
remember when a bunch of people tried to get them to change the title of the second lord of the rings movie because they thought calling it the two towers was offensive because of 9/11

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lol

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

gregday posted:

yes. it’s a particularly chuddy store and there’s more than one veterans only parking space.

they once spray painted a HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY over several pallets of mulch and it looked so bad I thought it was sarcastic graffiti.

lol so a troop can't park in the troop spot due to a shoddy monument to the main troop-recruiting event of our lifetimes so far

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Schmoe Cwead posted:

remember when a bunch of people tried to get them to change the title of the second lord of the rings movie because they thought calling it the two towers was offensive because of 9/11

People lost their minds for a while about any media that had incidental shots of the twin towers or an airplane in it

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

alnilam posted:

People lost their minds for a while about any media that had incidental shots of the twin towers or an airplane in it

And then somehow it rubber banded back the other way so hard that they started making movies based on a surprise twist where some hot young actor actually gets 9/11'd at the end.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

RealityWarCriminal posted:

uhhh saudi arabia are allies. they provided billions in oil to sustain the invasion of afghistan and iraq.

LOL yea I would too if I was the one who was actually responsible

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
something to consider: if you think bush did 9/11, so did jeffrey epstein

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they delayed the spiderman movie to get rid of the twin towers along with the scene where spiderman and bin laden jack off together then spiderman winks at the camera and says "looks like these twin towers are coming down too" as their erections dissipate

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

The many Biden Election Interference Cases against me, both Criminal and Civil, are Unconstitutional for many reasons, including the fact that delay for political reasons is a taking away of my RIGHTS, as well as the RIGHTS of a vast majority of the Country whose views and opinions I represent. Think of it, they could have filed these cases YEARS AGO, but waited until “campaign season” for maximum negative impact. Now I have two trials scheduled the day before most important SUPER TUESDAY. SCAM!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Hatebag posted:

they delayed the spiderman movie to get rid of the twin towers along with the scene where spiderman and bin laden jack off together then spiderman winks at the camera and says "looks like these twin towers are coming down too" as their erections dissipate

release the raimi cut

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hatebag posted:

Is it true that they cancelled the theater release of Donnie Darko because it has a plane crash, or was that high school art kid rumor

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I have a copy of The Road to 9/11 but I haven't finished it. I think it's time to commit to getting to the end.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/KevinLighty/status/1701051089573880019

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

“He said, ‘I saw the towers come down through that telescope.’ I lifted my head up. ‘Oh my god,’ I gasped. ‘Solid gold,’ he said.”

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

9/11 was an inside joke

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
here I am still saying mmm hungwy all the loving time even on our lords day 9/11

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
I say it in what I think uppercuts voice sounds like when she’s hungwy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

mogwai posted:

“He said, ‘I saw the towers come down through that telescope.’ I lifted my head up. ‘Oh my god,’ I gasped. ‘Solid gold,’ he said.”

The dry humor of a Wharton alum

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
remembering that there was a real
danger of the release of The Two Towers being delayed by the merely coincidental name and timing

e: mentioned above by Schmoe Cwead on this very page

Ben Nerevarine has issued a correction as of 18:59 on Sep 11, 2023

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Stupid Boxes posted:

I say it in what I think uppercuts voice sounds like when she’s hungwy

Give us more pics of your kitty

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

quote:

Tear Away was originally going to be released as the follow-up to Drowning Pool's breakthrough single "Bodies," but the band's label decided it could be too divisive after 9/11 so "Sinner" was released instead. "This is the most united we've been [as a country] in a while as far as all our differences being put aside and being pretty much together to fight the evil horde across the sea," frontman Dave Williams told MTV News days after the September 11 attacks. "So putting out a song with a chorus that says 'I don't care about anybody else but me' just didn't seem like a good move."

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mogwai posted:

:smugdon:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

alnilam posted:

Is it true that they cancelled the theater release of Donnie Darko because it has a plane crash, or was that high school art kid rumor

that's part of it but they also had to get rid of an unrelated spiderman jacking off scene where at the end he winks at the camera and says "that's why they call me the webslingwr!"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

good uppercut

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

smash cut to U.S. troops mowing down Iraqi civilians while "Bodies" plays on a boom box in the background

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

i'm so allergic to cats but would still pet

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Congratulations to Senator Eric Schmitt of Missouri on the big Supreme Court Victory on the White House Violation of our cherished First Amendment - A very big deal! Eric, along with some in the Senate, but not most, is doing a really great job!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

hadn't seen that one before

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
jeb!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFeZLJLgq-8

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Limited Edition 9/11 NFTs NOW!!!

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1701271099072278666