Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
spent my wizard points on potions of mastery, got 2 for IBS which I may have 1 chapter unlocked for. :/

Also what's a good relic for a rifle engi? I looked through and didn't see much that looked like an obvious match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

assuming a power build im pretty sure fireworks works with toolbelt skills, that's probably what you'd want

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

assuming a power build im pretty sure fireworks works with toolbelt skills, that's probably what you'd want

Some toolbelt skills might not work properly with the buff, so you gotta be careful.

Speaking of engies, did anything cool pop up with the weapon decoupling? I'm assuming not really, since they're all melee weapons that don't do anything particularly novel (except maybe hammer). I guess mace is a decent condi weapon, but they already have pistol.

Shortbow can't come soon enough. It'll be interesting seeing what the design approach will be for the new weapons now that they aren't being made with an elite spec in mind.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Just loving give me land spear you stupid fucks. I’ll pay! I’m loving stupid! I’m so stupid I paid for IBS!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I would trade all the underwater content for land spears and paragon back.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nitrousoxide posted:

I've never played an MMO at max level for more than like a week until I lose interest. I don't see the appeal of blasting to max level instantly.

That's because other MMOs cap their content to when you reach max level. That's why WOW kept increasing the cap.

GW2 has always had a cap of 80 and everything designed as horizontal progression from there. It's about expanding options, not about making an arbitrary number slightly higher.

They made the right call and has served the game well.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

gandlethorpe posted:

Speaking of engies, did anything cool pop up with the weapon decoupling? I'm assuming not really, since they're all melee weapons that don't do anything particularly novel (except maybe hammer). I guess mace is a decent condi weapon, but they already have pistol.

Hammer mech is apparently pretty great

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tarbrush posted:

Hammer mech is apparently pretty great

Yup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWQPW9JkDss

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
Hammer unlock has been pretty good for engi

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Luggage posted:

Have you tried removing your GW2 cache folders and/or the Local.dat?
I do this every 2-3 months or whenever loading times become too slow.
I run on a 10 y.o. gaming laptop with a GeForce MX 960, so it very likely isn't a hardware problem on your end.

Thanks, I tried that, it did help a bit, there's been a small improvement in loading times. Also helped to toggle off the Steam in-game overlay, and reduce my Logitech G305's mouse report rate. Strangely enough, the report rate of the wireless mouse had a gigantic impact on GW2's FPS, at 1000, the game slowed to a crawl, and at 125, it ran smoothly. Go figure.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jedah posted:

Thanks, I tried that, it did help a bit, there's been a small improvement in loading times. Also helped to toggle off the Steam in-game overlay, and reduce my Logitech G305's mouse report rate. Strangely enough, the report rate of the wireless mouse had a gigantic impact on GW2's FPS, at 1000, the game slowed to a crawl, and at 125, it ran smoothly. Go figure.

i think the latest win11 has a patch for this issue specifically
directx has been real weird lately, it's getting good but then there's random poo poo creeping in like this

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They should port the game to Vulkan. :v:

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 12, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
dear lord anet doing anything dx12/vulkan related is probably the worst idea yeah

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

New Fractal Rush event is live.
Final reward is an amulet with a +10 infusion.

Kinda lame since a lot of us have the leggy amulet now but whatevs. It lasts until the 19th.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
A little messed up to do a fractal event considering what we know now

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Truga posted:

dear lord anet doing anything dx12/vulkan related is probably the worst idea yeah

Oh, come on! They could bring back the mac client and proton would work great! :v:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would trade all the underwater content for land spears and paragon back.

Literally all of the wizard vault stuff is Paragon themed too, there's even art of a Paragon doing the bless emote. I also want Dervish and Ritualist - I guess Guardian and Revenant sort of overlap what their roles would be but still.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How good is Revenant these days? I am kind of curious about making an alt.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

herald is really strong in like every role it can do, its one of the most likely candidates for being knocked down a peg with the balance upgrade coming at the end of the month

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hello. Is there anyone still playing Guild Wars 1, and do you have a discord group?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FlapYoJacks posted:

Herald is amazing, Vindicator is extremely fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Patch notes.
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/137405-game-update-notes-september-12-2023/

What the patch doesn't mention is you can now deposit your runestones/summoning stones/kryptis pieces into material storage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FlapYoJacks posted:

All specs for it are great these days. Renegade took a little hit to sustain but it's still very good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The new BL skins are great if you're a goth, romantic vampire

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Revenant with the sorcerer's cape glider and the battlelord cape makes for an extremely vampire-looking dude. That weapon set would go well with it!

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Inzombiac posted:

New Fractal Rush event is live.
Final reward is an amulet with a +10 infusion.

Kinda lame since a lot of us have the leggy amulet now but whatevs. It lasts until the 19th.

I am excited to lfg for an ammy

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I just know it, they are going to nerf pistol Scourge so badly on Sept. 26th. There's no way CMC is going to let a DPS class benchmark at approx. 49k.

What else is going to receive the axe? Probably Heal Quickness Herald, Condition Druid, Condition Spectre, Condition Virtuoso. They probably go to the Snow Crows benchmark page and obliterate everything in the top 5-10 (which is benching over 44k+).

If they nerf Alac Heal Druid again I'm going to switch over to Hardcore Classic WoW and take a break.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ive been playing my neck and man what's with that gs 2, it's oddly slow for what it is

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Apparently all of the fractal CM's are still bugged 2 weeks later even as the fractal rush event starts.

At least the bugs make everything besides 100 faster I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 12, 2023

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Meowywitch posted:

Ive been playing my neck and man what's with that gs 2, it's oddly slow for what it is

Necromancer?
The GS set was designed for Reaper which was all about slowing your enemy and becoming a stalking, unkillable thing like in horror movies.

If you cast it when ANY of the targets around you are below 50% HP, it can be recast instantly.
You can mulch groups with ease.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ohh so that's how it works!

I'm not sure why the tooltip confused me so much, lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah, your opener is either 3 for Vulnerability or 4 for an area blind.
Get just one target low on health and SPINSPINSPINSPIN

You can even give yourself quickness to make it more absurd.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Bought GW2 at release.

I just finished the Story thing for the first time ever. The base one.

It's always just been running around the world, then leaving the game, coming back and starting over, and repeating that process for years. Never done a dungeon or a fractal or a raid or PvP or anything. There's probably other stuff too like seasonal events? Man I feel completely lost and have so little excuse having owned this game for so long.

One question though, I have exclamation points on almost all of my gear - should I just go buy something on the auction house? It seems the way to get gear is to go do a specific task, but history shows I'm not good at sticking to it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, your opener is either 3 for Vulnerability or 4 for an area blind.
Get just one target low on health and SPINSPINSPINSPIN

You can even give yourself quickness to make it more absurd.

DRILL DRILL DRILL

SPIN SPIN SPIN

Reaper rules. I rarely, if ever, swapped off greatsword.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

truther posted:

One question though, I have exclamation points on almost all of my gear - should I just go buy something on the auction house? It seems the way to get gear is to go do a specific task, but history shows I'm not good at sticking to it.

It just means you don't have a rune (for armor) or sigil (for weapons) slotted in them. Runes aren't as good as they used to be, so while they can make some difference if you use them to extend conditions or boons, it's not a big deal. Slotting sigils appropriate to your playstyle can make a significant difference, though.

You'll also have a relic slot and probably got three relic chests when you logged in your character. They're the thing that replaced the old armor rune effects. Some of them are helpful to certain playstyles.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

jokes posted:

DRILL DRILL DRILL

SPIN SPIN SPIN

I will say it's rare that I enjoy all 3 of a class' Elite specs but Nec is def one of them.

they're all dope.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007

jokes posted:

DRILL DRILL DRILL

SPIN SPIN SPIN

I'm a dumbo who loves playing staff reaper

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

I'm a dumbo who loves playing staff reaper

hosed up if not on WvW.

I run GS, Pistol/Torch and just rip through everything.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

hosed up if not on WvW.

I run GS, Pistol/Torch and just rip through everything.

The ultimate elite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I like that they added exactly ONE extra daily option and didn't change the locking system at all. Great. Problem fixed. :golfclap: