Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

FreudianSlippers posted:

scans rule.

Real oppressive atmosphere. Especially the MRI because you're trapped in a tube that makes ominous noises and before you go in they inject you with some color so they can see your veins better.

CT scans are also neat because you're being blasted with radiation.

I've managed to fall asleep during them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'm one of those people who likes having white noise to fall asleep to, and I'm not claustrophobic at all, so I was out like a light during mine.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My wife does the same thing

Apparently Patrick Wilson's MRI in the latest Insidious even was the right sound for a brain scan, which she explained before she started yawning from the association

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Baron von Eevl posted:

That dye is gadolinium, a rare-earth metal that also pools in your brain and seemingly lives there forever after you get a contrast MRI.

I'm gonig in for a MRI Saturday so thanks for putting this in my brain

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Went to the local film festival this weekend. Not a lot of reaction but good claps at the end

Then this kid fuckin crashed into me and totaled my car lmao. I went to the er and I’m fine. So I’m just gonna sit in my bed I guess and watch horror movies until I figure out how to get another car

Jeez, hope all is well homie.

CelticPredator posted:

He’s not dead wtf lol

Not only is he not dead but he was in the Criterion Closet as recently as a week ago:

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1699170029122588909?s=20

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've managed to fall asleep during them.

They put me right to sleep, and I usually have crippling insomnia.

I guess I just want to sleep inside small, loud tubes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Medullah posted:

I'm gonig in for a MRI Saturday so thanks for putting this in my brain

No, that's the radiologist who will do that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Strong "don't believe his lies" vibes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah CT scans put me to sleep as well. I assume its just because my body is like "Oh this is a coffin guess we'll just go to sleep in it".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Baron von Eevl posted:

That dye is gadolinium, a rare-earth metal that also pools in your brain and seemingly lives there forever after you get a contrast MRI.

This rules.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Stop scaring people, this is the horror thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jeez, hope all is well homie.

Not only is he not dead but he was in the Criterion Closet as recently as a week ago:

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1699170029122588909?s=20

Thanks man! It’s fine, lil bit of pain. No car stinks tho.

Also the ct scan when I had that dye or fluid or whatever it is it made me feel like I was peeing lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Put The Raven (and the other Corman Poe films) in the Criterion Collection you cowards :colbert:

My partner would also like to request X: The Man With The X-Ray Eyes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Put The Raven (and the other Corman Poe films) in the Criterion Collection you cowards :colbert:

My partner would also like to request X: The Man With The X-Ray Eyes.

There's a rumor about that film that even with his eyes gone he says he can still see

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

There's a rumor about that film that even with his eyes gone he says he can still see

I've heard varied whether it was actually filmed but cut, or just in the script.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
A nice box set with all of the Price/Corman Poe films would certainly fit right in with the Criterion collection.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Incidentally if you've got the Criterion Channel all the Poe/Corman films there are set to leave at the end of the month, it's worth catching them! I've only seen The Raven so far but it's kind of delightful.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mystery movie for whoever's brave enough to take it. It's actually a good one, I'm told, haven't seen it.

Hints: Very recent, Comedy Horror with emphasis on the comedy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

King Vidiot posted:

Mystery movie for whoever's brave enough to take it. It's actually a good one, I'm told, haven't seen it.

Hints: Very recent, Comedy Horror with emphasis on the comedy

Grabbed this, thanks! I'll pay it forward next time I have an extra digital. Wanted to show this to my sister Blackening woo hoo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gonna be honest I just don’t think I can willingly watch a Tim story movie lol

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

shoeberto posted:

Stop scaring people, this is the horror thread.

Hey, there are no known risks of gadolinium exposure, only potential unknown risks! Nothing scary! It's just a new metal friend that lives with you forever!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Incidentally if you've got the Criterion Channel all the Poe/Corman films there are set to leave at the end of the month, it's worth catching them! I've only seen The Raven so far but it's kind of delightful.

I have to recommend Masque Of The Red Death, an awesome, classy, moody piece with an amazing ending and a fantastic performance from Price.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea Masque of the Red Death is my favorite just for the combination of scenery chewing villainous Price and the over the top color palette the movie has going on with the sets/costumes.

That said, The Raven is definitely a whole different tone and there are definitely times where I want that sort of thing rather than Price and Corman's more serious collaborations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I have to recommend Masque Of The Red Death, an awesome, classy, moody piece with an amazing ending and a fantastic performance from Price.
all of this, plus it's like a pastiche of a bunch of smaller poe stories, they even managed to work in Hop-Frog which is one of my faves

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Masque is the best, but they're all worth a watch. I'm definitely going to check out the Daimajin trilogy. Maybe even tonight. Also picked up the chucky box set which was on sale on amazon recently since I've only ever seen the first.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1701329261661942010?s=20

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
This thread moves too fast for me to keep up! A few nights ago I finished up Infinity Pool and it was sure something. I rarely if ever read synopses or watch trailers for movies prior to watching them and 100% judge them by their cast/director/cover or suggestions from folks. Alexander Skarsgard + Mia Goth? This is sure to be weird and it delivered on that. As with True Blood it was basically a movie where the protagonists make the wrongest possible choice at every turn, and literally never talk to each other like a normal person would do - ignoring the "they don't know they're in a horror movie" element that's required to keep the plot moving. My wife also supports any movie where you can see his bare torso or butt and this delivered that in spades.

The twist itself I definitely didn't see coming at all, which was a fun surprise. Good for them.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I love that Don Mancini has written Chucky into a situation where he can just be anywhere, any time, for any reason. Just dozens, hundreds of Chucky horcruxes with a part of Charles Lee Ray's soul inside them. You can set every season anywhere you want, no premise is off-limits, and Chucky never "dies". You can have a satisfying ending where one Chucky is killed, but then just do a reboot and now he's in the White House, gently caress it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Human skull found during renovations on the Icelandic Minister's Residence (built 1906).

Obvious case of occult warfare. Probably placed there to give first Minister Hannes Hafstein (1861-1922) mystical powers to battle the English (who once tried to drown him)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

Grabbed this, thanks! I'll pay it forward next time I have an extra digital. Wanted to show this to my sister Blackening woo hoo

You're welcome, glad it went to somebody who'd appreciate it.

I just watched it, it was good but I don't know if I'd call it a favorite. Some clever moments, worth a watch.

e: lol, I didn't even know who wrote or directed it or anything about it, didn't know who Tim Story was, didn't know the writers' and director's credits were so lame, might not have even bothered if I did. Still, was pretty good :shrug:

loving Taxi though.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 12, 2023

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The Unbinding ain't bad but it's a little long towards the back half.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hear me out three amigos…let chucky cook.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What are some good horrors where the monster is unambiguously the hero, outside of kaiju and yokai stuff?

M3gan

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jason is the protagonist of F13. There's only a couple characters in the whole series that aren't just redshirts.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
First Daimajin is pretty great. I'm loving this "samurai flick + monsters" subgenre. thanks for the recommendation

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

Where to go after that? S4 has to be either in space or Chucky has access to a time machine.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

First Daimajin is pretty great. I'm loving this "samurai flick + monsters" subgenre. thanks for the recommendation

Daimajin's my favorite kaiju. He gets overshadowed by all the others.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Naked Man Punch posted:

Where to go after that? S4 has to be either in space or Chucky has access to a time machine.

World War Chucky

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wherever Chucky goes from here I'll follow :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Naked Man Punch posted:

Can Chucky get any louder and angrier though?

Also,

Chris James 2 posted:

Wherever Chucky goes from here I'll follow :hellyeah: