Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I agree with the internet doctors that it is certainly a foot, ankle, or Achilles injury.🤓

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I won by less than 2 points over last year’s champ, god bless that punt return keeping the Jets offense off the field

:911:

E: 3-0 in week 1 hell yeah (thanks Cowboys D for wallpapering over some pretty bad plays)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 12, 2023

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Is it normal to not have kick return TDs count for your defense/special teams? Now that I am looking closer, it is turned off only in the leagues where I am commissioner.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If they don't count in your league they shouldn't count in the NFL. Someone alert the commish!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Is it normal to not have kick return TDs count for your defense/special teams? Now that I am looking closer, it is turned off only in the leagues where I am commissioner.

No this is not normal. It is literally the distinction between Defense and DST in fantasy football

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

No this is not normal. It is literally the distinction between Defense and DST in fantasy football

Hmmm. But if you had return TDs turned on as a setting on offense, you could have a situation where you get 2 TDs for the same play. Like if Marvin Mims had a punt return TD and I started him at WR and also had Denver defense.

So I guess the solution to that would be turn off return TDs on offense. 💡

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

coronaball posted:

I agree with the internet doctors that it is certainly a foot, ankle, or Achilles injury.🤓

I think it's... an injury that occurred somewhere in his body. Possibly on the INSIDE of his body somewhere. Where all the meat and bones are located.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

My god, they’ve taken his smile.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Just lol at believing any internet doctor about Aaron Rodgers' injury, just do your own research instead

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
https://imgur.com/dRHlDMs

That's an achilles rolling up.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's so loving gross. The top of his foot is almost parallel to his shin and there is a giant mass at the top of his calf.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Hmmm. But if you had return TDs turned on as a setting on offense, you could have a situation where you get 2 TDs for the same play.

So what? If I have my QB throw it to my WR I get 2 TDs on the same play all the time.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
The true victim of this is Garett Wilson. Another wasted season.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Losing as the 2nd highest scoring team of the week (and the other team only put up so many points because he had Dallas D). Fantasy football is back!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
On the flip, I won while being the second lowest scoring.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

MacheteZombie posted:

On the flip, I won while being the second lowest scoring.

Love a good win like that. I had a team make it to the finals with the 2nd fewest PF one year.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

We have an odd number of teams in our league. One person each week gets a bye which, record-wise, counts as a tie. The guy with the highest score this week was the guy with the bye. The guy with the bye for the tie.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's really looking like I'm going to be crippled by missing a round of my fantasy draft while on vacation and getting autodrafted two *additional* TEs. Stupid ESPN app didn't give me a notification.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I got auto-drafted Najee Harris. Are the ones banging his drum still feeling good today?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1701611590456590719?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

dxt posted:

Losing as the 2nd highest scoring team of the week (and the other team only put up so many points because he had Dallas D). Fantasy football is back!

Same here, but we instituted bonus wins this year so at least i get a consolation prize for the score.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I got auto-drafted Najee Harris. Are the ones banging his drum still feeling good today?

I'm not stressing anyone yet

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

We have an odd number of teams in our league. One person each week gets a bye which, record-wise, counts as a tie. The guy with the highest score this week was the guy with the bye. The guy with the bye for the tie.

lol, Sleeper gave the week 1 crown to the dummy bot team this guy was facing (manually adjusted to have an identical score) instead of the guy himself

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just stuck to some guides and it worked out incredibly well for me. I'm wanting to get more into it, but this is my 1st league and I got really lucky, I guess. I just took the advice of everyone else since I don't know any better. In my league, the top 3 scorers are on my team (#1 Tyreek Hill, #2 Dallas Cowboys and #3 Brandon Aiyuk).

I feel kind of cheap about it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShowTime posted:

I just stuck to some guides and it worked out incredibly well for me. I'm wanting to get more into it, but this is my 1st league and I got really lucky, I guess. I just took the advice of everyone else since I don't know any better. In my league, the top 3 scorers are on my team (#1 Tyreek Hill, #2 Dallas Cowboys and #3 Brandon Aiyuk).

I feel kind of cheap about it.

Don't worry, the Pendulum of Unbelievable Fantasy Bullshit swings everyone's way eventually. Post back in 6 weeks when half your team is on IR and you just lost to Baker Mayfield dropping 35 points out of nowhere :v:

(Grats on drafting a good team!)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm sure of it. Especially with me being totally incapable of management. I have absolutely no idea who to sit, who to trade, etc. It's very fun, but I almost have no idea what I'm doing other than looking at how each player is suppose to perform against their upcoming matchup. I feel like I got a good team though.

QB: Jalen Hurts
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
RB: Alexander Mattison
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: CeeDee Lamb
TE: Dallas Goedert
FLEX: Amari Cooper
D/ST: Cowboys D/ST

Bench: Daniel Jones
Bench: Drake London
Bench: Brandon Aiyuk
Bench: Zay Flowers
Bench: Zach Charbonnet

Next year i'll probably play in multiple leagues like some of you, because i'm having a blast, but this year i'm just trying to figure out how it all works and get the $200 we put up for the winner.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
No 1 waivers on Kelley over Nacua I think... He was getting a lot of carries even with Eleker playing.

I'm not sure who you want on the Ravens since they are both pretty bad.........

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
God I miss having Hockenson, TEs are such a wasteland.

Drop Schultz for Hayden Hurst, Hunter Henry, or anyone else?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Anti-Hero posted:

God I miss having Hockenson, TEs are such a wasteland.

Drop Schultz for Hayden Hurst, Hunter Henry, or anyone else?

Henry is a top 10 play for the rest of the year I think

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Last year I think I had a 6-week streak where I was up against the highest scoring team and I was the 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it and move on

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
One of my favorite achievements was getting a second seed bye while having the most points against.

Also Dallas' D gets Zach Wilson next week and the Cardinals the next. It's about to stay silly up in there.

Also Najee is fine. Him and McKinnon were underused by their coaches and then their teams lost. I have to hold just based on maybe some common sense will occur.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Henry is a top 10 play for the rest of the year I think

Alright, dropped Schultz for Hunter Henry. This loving league rosters 2 TEs so it's pretty rough out there. Not in any danger of Schultz getting scooped back up.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
My WR corps in PPR is meh, especially with Watson injured.

WR: Higgins, Watson, Mike Williams, Dotson, Meyers
RB: CMC, Henry, Stevenson, Conner, Rachaad White, Charbonnet, Dillon

Is Charbs worth dropping for Zay Jones? I feel my RB depth is very solid and I'm feeling pretty exposed at WR.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How much FAAB are people thinking of dropping on Kyren Williams / Josh Kelley / the Ravens guys? I don't NEED an RB asap but I have like zero depth in one league

Anti-Hero posted:

Is Charbs worth dropping for Zay Jones? I feel my RB depth is very solid and I'm feeling pretty exposed at WR.

I would absolutely not drop Charbonnet based on a bad rookie week 1. He's the kind of guy you want to sit on and hope he breaks out in the second half. If you feel like you need to add a WR I would drop Dillon. Someone panic dropping Charbs is the kind of move you want want to watch for and pounce on

e: also I am not usually a handcuff guy at all but you might want to try and get Tyjae Spears to pair with Henry, that seems like the most obvious thing in the world

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 12, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I had Gus Edwards in beer league and dropped him for some random rookie because I thought what are the odds of JK Dobbins getting injured for the season again?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

How much FAAB are people thinking of dropping on Kyren Williams / Josh Kelley / the Ravens guys? I don't NEED an RB asap but I have like zero depth in one league

I would absolutely not drop Charbonnet based on a bad rookie week 1. He's the kind of guy you want to sit on and hope he breaks out in the second half. If you feel like you need to add a WR I would drop Dillon. Someone panic dropping Charbs is the kind of move you want want to watch for and pounce on

e: also I am not usually a handcuff guy at all but you might want to try and get Tyjae Spears to pair with Henry, that seems like the most obvious thing in the world

Dillon is a prime drop target. I'd only use him to plug in for an injured/bye week starter if and only if Jones was injured as well. I keep drafting him year after year and he just rides the bench.

I'm not a fan of handcuffs, either. If Henry goes down I'd think Conner would slot in for RB2 on my roster.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

As someone who did a panic drop of Walker III last year for the same reason, DO NOT DO IT.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

The Steelers were getting thrashed by a much better team that almost made the Super Bowl last year. They had to abandon the run game early. When Najee was used, he was fine. The Steelers have some easier defenses/easier games in general scheduled ahead. So I'm not panicking on Najee yet, I expect him to return to regular usage very soon.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

Dillon is a prime drop target. I'd only use him to plug in for an injured/bye week starter if and only if Jones was injured as well. I keep drafting him year after year and he just rides the bench.

I'm not a fan of handcuffs, either. If Henry goes down I'd think Conner would slot in for RB2 on my roster.

Jones is injured but it doesn’t seem super serious (yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is Allgerier a better candidate for "Sell High" or "Wait and See" right now?