Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

is the game still bad?

It's much better than 10 years ago.

I have resigned to the fact that I'll play EVE on and off until either it or I die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

floppyspud posted:

You can look into goonwaffe for big bloc or goosefleet for smaller stuff. They both have threads in PGS and are both good and pretty incomparable in terms of fun.

Another edit: hint hint if you wanna use your super you should probably join a bloc or a group that drops them a lot like anti krab coalition.

Thanks for the advice, Ill check out the threads. J4g still frowned on in 2023 Im assuming?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

Thanks for the advice, Ill check out the threads. J4g still frowned on in 2023 Im assuming?

Yeah, you might have some trouble joining either with no posts, if you cant get into waffe you can join amok or karmafleet until you get some posts under your belt, then switch corps.

If you cant join goosefleet, then the only thing i can suggest is :justpost:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Elchimpster posted:

There’s two ways into goonwaffe, the first is the traditional SA account no j4gs, where you can get in purely upon the merits of your SA posting. I generally let Maneck and Ajaxify judge those and don’t interfere. The second method is an existing waffe member in good standing can vouch up to 3 others at a time. I approve those and if they make it 90 days without irritating me and just post they can apply for naturalization.

That being said, remaining in goonwaffe just requires just one of the following every 60 days:
- make a post on the GSF forums
- connect to jabber
- connect to mumble
- get a pap

It’s hilariously easy and always funny when someone Rutibex’s into this thread complaining about how they got kicked with no warning. Speaking of, that hasn’t happened in a bit, time for an activity review.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rutibex... now there's a fun one

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

andromache posted:

- get a pap

lol

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

andromache posted:

- get a pap

lmao

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012

andromache posted:

There’s two ways into goonwaffe, the first is the traditional SA account no j4gs, where you can get in purely upon the merits of your SA posting. I generally let Maneck and Ajaxify judge those and don’t interfere. The second method is an existing waffe member in good standing can vouch up to 3 others at a time. I approve those and if they make it 90 days without irritating me and just post they can apply for naturalization.

That being said, remaining in goonwaffe just requires just one of the following every 60 days:
- connect to jabber
- connect to mumble
- get a pap

It’s hilariously easy and always funny when someone Rutibex’s into this thread complaining about how they got kicked with no warning. Speaking of, that hasn’t happened in a bit, time for an activity review.

Thank you for all the details in your post. Ill work on my activity and give it a shot once my numbers are up and ive worked through some of the in game changes.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Don't think of it as "getting your numbers up." You will never make it. You will be a j4g and it will show. Become a part of the Something Awful community. Posting will quickly become a god-awful chore otherwise.

Once you've started genuinely posting for it's own sake, you will be a True Goon and will also get to Goosefleet or Goonwaffe without a hitch and in no time.

Besides, there is so much to this terrible forum. I've had many laughs over the decade.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

the key is to :justpost:

you may feel that you need to put effort or care into your posts, to make them something truly special that people will enjoy reading

this is a trap, however, that will get in the way of :justpost:ing

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

if you're a tedious unfunny karmafleet-grade poster, however, you may soon find yourself asked to :fiacre:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Never not be posting

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

andromache posted:

- connect to jabber
- connect to mumble
- get a pap

Also, unless it changed since I was in (and andromache is the authority, not me), an inactivity kick isn't considered punitive. You can just do whatever you did to join originally again and nobody will give a poo poo. The tantrum-throwers never seem to figure this out - they spend more time whining than it would take them to just reapply and get re-admitted.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
I thought inactivity led to merely being removed from corp ingame but Ive gotten an email stating my forums account has been deleted vOv

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I was inactive for like a decade and my goonfleet forum account was fine.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

raminasi posted:

Also, unless it changed since I was in (and andromache is the authority, not me), an inactivity kick isn't considered punitive. You can just do whatever you did to join originally again and nobody will give a poo poo. The tantrum-throwers never seem to figure this out - they spend more time whining than it would take them to just reapply and get re-admitted.

Yeah I got inactivity purged from waffe a couple times and dropped corp when the mittens poo poo happened, and when the dread pirate elusif comedy reddit drama shenanigans happened and it looked like CCP was going to dumpster GEESE, my first thought was "well at least I can get back into waffe if everything goes tits up".

Thankfully CCP did not dumpster GEESE and in fact our original CEO has been unbanned and given compensatory sub time on her accounts so we will continue hooting and honking into the abyss

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

hailthefish posted:

if you're a tedious unfunny karmafleet-grade poster, however, you may soon find yourself asked to :fiacre:

i feel attacked

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kazinsal posted:

Thankfully CCP did not dumpster GEESE and in fact our original CEO has been unbanned and given compensatory sub time on her accounts so we will continue hooting and honking into the abyss

I'm sure reddit will poast apologies shortly lmao

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Keisari posted:

Become a part of the Something Awful community.

This is the best piece of advice, and look around outside of the eve thread, theres loads of cool poo poo here. You like any other games? Cars? Makeup? Books? Star wars? Emo music? Photoshop?

As someone who was in the same position (as you can tell by my relatively new account) this is really the best you can do.

Or just j4g and get laughed at thats fine too.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the help guys, Ill keep exploring the forums and 2023 eve

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Are those loving gates open yet, I want to see the fuckery

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah I got inactivity purged from waffe a couple times and dropped corp when the mittens poo poo happened, and when the dread pirate elusif comedy reddit drama shenanigans happened and it looked like CCP was going to dumpster GEESE, my first thought was "well at least I can get back into waffe if everything goes tits up".

Huh what's the story there? They banned her initially and then realized there was no botting so they unbanned her, or what?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

Huh what's the story there? They banned her initially and then realized there was no botting so they unbanned her, or what?

They banned her because she was the executor corp CEO pending the investigation into Elusif and once the investigation wrapped up they unbanned her and comped her omega, having finally realized that banning the CEO of an alliance because they're the latest reddit drama causing you do paperwork is loving stupid

Senior GM Stinger is a bro for sorting that out

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 13, 2023

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
omega for a deleted character nice

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

How many reddit chuds automatically decided she was guilty because she deleted her characters

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I guess this was well known, but I just found out that you can get blueprints with 20% Material Efficiency from COSMOS sites. Gives me a reason to finally build things myself.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

omega for a deleted character nice

dragonshardz was not the CEO

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kazinsal posted:

weirdly one of my alts got booted for inactivity once, but the remaining five or so characters I had in the corp as well as my main survived that purge :iiam:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

salartarium posted:

I guess this was well known, but I just found out that you can get blueprints with 20% Material Efficiency from COSMOS sites. Gives me a reason to finally build things myself.

Yeah but then you have to do cosmos

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

floppyspud posted:

How many reddit chuds automatically decided she was guilty because she

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
i dont think posting on something awful is worth any eve guild

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Toalpaz posted:

i dont think posting on something awful is worth any eve guild

It's punishment, obviously

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Elchimpster posted:

Yes I have it in a safe place for now, as far as space to live goes I have been re learning the game in solitude.
I have been interested in sov null but have never done it since 2009 right before drone wars

floppyspud posted:

You can look into goonwaffe for big bloc or goosefleet for smaller stuff. They both have threads in PGS and are both good and pretty incomparable in terms of fun.

Another edit: hint hint if you wanna use your super you should probably join a bloc or a group that drops them a lot like anti krab coalition.

geese have been amazing for a clueless idiot like me, yeah there's some awkwardness hopping on comms with folks who have been playing this game for 20 years and know everything, but everyone is incredibly eager to help out and very patient when i say incredibly dumb things or ask incredibly dumb questions

i can't recommend wormhole content enough, if you've got the right flavor of brainworms there is nothing more peaceful than hopping in an anathema or cheetah (covops scanning ships), scanning down WH chain after WH chain saving bookmarks and just watching pathfinder populate on your 2nd monitor. then suddenly you hit a highly profitable path like an XL hole to Jita 3 jumps from homebase, and you get to ping everyone and see people scurry around to take advantage of the spacelane you personally carved out a minute ago, gently caress that's a dopamine rush

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Zoya posted:

folks who have been playing this game for 20 years and know everything

it's okay i've been playing this game for 13 years and don't know anything :shobon:

(okay that's a lie I've been winning eve for most of it but still)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Elchimpster posted:

The only j4g I tolerate is Joined For Geese

:honk:

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Very important question, how do you feel about honking in local?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

- connect to jabber
- connect to mumble
- get a pap

With all the memes about "FC, can I get a pap" I'd have thought the requirements were higher than that.

What self respecting goon can go more than two months without :justpost:?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

With all the memes about "FC, can I get a pap" I'd have thought the requirements were higher than that.

What self respecting goon can go more than two months without :justpost:?

different member corps and alliances can have much more stringent activity requirements, most of the people going "fc pap? pap plz? was there a pap? fc when pap? are we getting two paps?" are typically not in GEWNS, at least that was my experience

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

grumplestiltzkin posted:

the key is to :justpost:

you may feel that you need to put effort or care into your posts, to make them something truly special that people will enjoy reading

this is a trap, however, that will get in the way of :justpost:ing

Zen and the Art of Posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The idea of pap is weird

Why are you recruiting people that don't wanna do the thing?