Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I wish I was in a league where “sell high” mattered and I could actually get some assets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vargo posted:

Is Allgerier a better candidate for "Sell High" or "Wait and See" right now?

I would hold him (or add him if he's out there) for sure. The Falcons do not recognize the existence of the forward pass, there's more than enough work for him and Bijan. And if Bijan ever gets hurt, oh boy

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

desmond ridder targeted drake london, an incredibly talented receiver, once.

think that tells you all you need to know about the falcons.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Docjowles posted:

I would hold him (or add him if he's out there) for sure. The Falcons do not recognize the existence of the forward pass, there's more than enough work for him and Bijan. And if Bijan ever gets hurt, oh boy

If Bijan gets hurt it will still be a committee

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dkj posted:

If Bijan gets hurt it will still be a committee

And? He's in a committee right now with the 8th overall pick and just posted almost 100 total yards and 2 TDs. Are you saying his usage will somehow be worse if he is in a time share with 32 year old Coradarrelle Patterson?

Everyone except maybe CMC is in a committee to some extent. Give me the guy whose coach will still run the ball if he's losing by 4 scores.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I just wrote about this. Tyler Allgeier needs to be the number one pick up if he's available in your league. Atlanta runs the ball more than anyone in football. Allgeier got 100% of the goal to go carries. His floor rest of season is flex.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm honestly pondering rolling Bijan and Allgeier ROS.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm honestly pondering rolling Bijan and Allgeier ROS.

Honestly if you're going to go with Atlanta's backfield, this is the way to go. I had Patterson and Allgeier last year and it seemed every time I started one, the other would be the hot hand that day.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Allgeier is available in my super shallow 8-man league so I'm going to go for him at 4th on the waiver, worth a shot in my book. I'm debating between trying to grab Myers, Nacau, or Kelley (as I have Ekeler) but can't decide if any of these are worth the waiver claim if Allgeier doesn't fall so may just wait for free agency and see who's available and save my waiver spot for week 2.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I need another option for RB. It's by far my weakest position. Would you give up Drake London assuming he's your 5th best WR?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ShowTime posted:

I need another option for RB. It's by far my weakest position. Would you give up Drake London assuming he's your 5th best WR?

I'm a very big London truther, but I will trade anyone for the right price. Is there an offer out there or are you considering offering a trade?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
He's on waivers, I have the weakest RB lineup but great WR. I have Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Brandon Aiyuk and Zay Flowers. My RBs are Rhamondre Stevenson and Alexander Mattison.

I basically went hard on WR and didn't draft a RB until the 4th round because everyone else grabbed them fast.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

Honestly if you're going to go with Atlanta's backfield, this is the way to go. I had Patterson and Allgeier last year and it seemed every time I started one, the other would be the hot hand that day.

I'm never gonna sit Bijan considering he was my first rounder but its definitely nice to know they've both got a big floor for different reasons.

Id go from:

Sun God
McLaurin
Bijan
M. Sanders
Aiyuk

to

Sun God
Aiyuk
Bijan
M. Sanders
Allgeier

And I'm ok with that for now until Terry gets better.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ShowTime posted:

He's on waivers, I have the weakest RB lineup but great WR. I have Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Brandon Aiyuk and Zay Flowers. My RBs are Rhamondre Stevenson and Alexander Mattison.

I basically went hard on WR and didn't draft a RB until the 4th round because everyone else grabbed them fast.

poo poo, just look at the teams in your league with a ton of RB depth and offer a one for one with London.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I've done bidding on waivers before but it's been about 8 years since I've played fantasy football at all. Do these look alright? $100 budget, 1 ppr.

Bid $20 for Puka Nacua, drop Jalin Hyatt
Bid $8 for Justice Hill, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $8 for Gus Edwards, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $6 for Roschon Johnson, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Tyjae Spears, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Hunter Henry, drop Dalton Schultz
Bid $4 for Rashid Shaheed, drop Jalin Hyatt

I have Ekeler and Cam Akers so I'm hesitant to go after the other running backs on their teams since Ekeler may be barely hurt and I think the Rams will be a committee all year so whoever has the better game with them will be a crapshoot.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 12, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kendrick Bourne balled out Sunday should I be grabbing him over Pukca?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My league just started using FAAB this season, any advice for it? What % would you give for Allgier?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I don't know if it's in our OP or not but I've been using FAABtastic for a couple of years, it compiles all the big waiver-wire columns from the main analysts and gives you averages/means for each big player. I usually take the main average and then add a few percentage points to ensure I get the player.

They have Allgerier at about a 12% average with four columns reporting on him. I would probably go %15-16 depending on how competitive your league is.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I've done bidding on waivers before but it's been about 8 years since I've played fantasy football at all. Do these look alright? $100 budget, 1 ppr.

Bid $20 for Puka Nacua, drop Jalin Hyatt
Bid $8 for Justice Hill, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $8 for Gus Edwards, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $6 for Roschon Johnson, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Tyjae Spears, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Hunter Henry, drop Dalton Schultz
Bid $4 for Rashid Shaheed, drop Jalin Hyatt

I have Ekeler and Cam Akers so I'm hesitant to go after the other running backs on their teams since Ekeler may be barely hurt and I think the Rams will be a committee all year so whoever has the better game with them will be a crapshoot.

20% budget seems very steep on Puka unless you're absolutely barren at WR.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

poo poo, just look at the teams in your league with a ton of RB depth and offer a one for one with London.

I tried. At this point, I scored so high no one wants to trade me because my team only gets better and I have the best roster already. I think i'll get some good trades next week though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I tried. At this point, I scored so high no one wants to trade me because my team only gets better and I have the best roster already. I think i'll get some good trades next week though.

If your team's good enough, you can just hang on until there's an injury and grab the backup :shrug:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Vargo posted:

I don't know if it's in our OP or not but I've been using FAABtastic for a couple of years, it compiles all the big waiver-wire columns from the main analysts and gives you averages/means for each big player. I usually take the main average and then add a few percentage points to ensure I get the player.

They have Allgerier at about a 12% average with four columns reporting on him. I would probably go %15-16 depending on how competitive your league is.

Thanks this helps.

Dango Bango posted:

20% budget seems very steep on Puka unless you're absolutely barren at WR.

I have good WRs but it's a 12 team league that starts 3 and a flex so I can't have enough.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chernabog posted:

My league just started using FAAB this season, any advice for it? What % would you give for Allgier?

It's going to vary a ton by league. In general I find people who are new to FAAB will be scared of running out and underbid. Last year one of my leagues swapped to it for the first time. When Ken Walker was the :siren: MUST ADD PICKUP OF THE YEAR :siren: I really needed an RB so I spent literally all of my remaining budget on him, like $80. The next highest bid was maybe $20 :wtc: I don't regret it since I had no way to know everyone was going to be insanely stingy but what the hell.

Vargo posted:

...huh. Do you find this is representative of your leagues? I would be blown away if Kyren or Allgeier go that low but I always have a hard time deciding what to bid. If so I need to dial back my Allgeier bid a lot lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

If your team's good enough, you can just hang on until there's an injury and grab the backup :shrug:

Yea I guess thats how its gonna go. I was looking at trying to capitalize on good late season players and I have someone like Aiyuk, who is amazing, but I can totally trade to better my RB slot. He performed so incredibly well that his trade value should be at an all time high and he's not even gonna play for me, unless someone gets injured. I'm positive my team ends up in the playoffs and I wanted to start prepping for that.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is it J. Hill over Gus Bus? Or vice versa. I’ve also seen MG3’s name come up a few places

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just bid 35% of my year long FAAB and I'm worried I won't get Allgier

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I usually blow pretty much all my FAAB in the first week or two. Pretty much never regret it.
This week I'm going all in on Puka, like 60% of my budget, in my 12 team .5 ppr league where we start 3 WR, with smaller bids for various RBs.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is it too early to pull the ripcord on Fields and the lovely Bears to put a claim on Love? I have Richardson on my bench as backup lottery ticket.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is it too early to pull the ripcord on Fields and the lovely Bears to put a claim on Love? I have Richardson on my bench as backup.

Way too early.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Docjowles posted:

...huh. Do you find this is representative of your leagues? I would be blown away if Kyren or Allgeier go that low but I always have a hard time deciding what to bid. If so I need to dial back my Allgeier bid a lot lol

I have no idea what's representative of my league, I've got a bunch of weirdos who like to blow their money way early on anything they see, like the guy who spent $200 on the rookie RB in IND before the season even started.

It seems like 2-3 people always go heavy and overbid the first few weeks and it creates a run and fucks the economy. Then they're spent and by week five only a few people have money left.

Anyway, I already have Allgeier and I'm not willing to spend more than 15% on Puka.

....unless maybe I should go all in on him?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m doing 30% FAAB on Puka. 15 targets.

I also have Cooper Kupp so I need to stay afloat.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I think I'm talking myself up to the 30-35% range on Puka. My only negative thought is that Cooper Kupp will be back sooner or later, but that's not really a reason to deny myself opportunities in the meantime.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Vargo posted:

I think I'm talking myself up to the 30-35% range on Puka. My only negative thought is that Cooper Kupp will be back sooner or later, but that's not really a reason to deny myself opportunities in the meantime.

Can anyone who watched that game comment on if he was getting open on his own or was the beneficiary of scheme? I'd like to know if defenses keying in on him more are going to significantly affect him going forward before throwing a large percent of my budget at him. If he's the next Diggs he'll be a league winner, if he's just a guy who benefited from the way one game was planned not so much.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Can anyone who watched that game comment on if he was getting open on his own or was the beneficiary of scheme? I'd like to know if defenses keying in on him more are going to significantly affect him going forward before throwing a large percent of my budget at him. If he's the next Diggs he'll be a league winner, if he's just a guy who benefited from the way one game was planned not so much.

Seattle’s defense was awful

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just had a real life taco moment, was talking to a coworker about Rodgers because he had him as his backup. He then said he was considering shaking up his team already and was gonna drop DJ Moore. lol

I talked him out of it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Seattle’s defense was truly awful. 5% pressure rate.

But even if you assume Puka’s production gets cut in half, that’s still ~9 points in PPR. And also keep in mind Puka didn’t get a TD in the hawks game.

It seems plausible that he’s a solid flex WR as a floor.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

God I hope someone drops DJ Moore

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

God I hope someone drops DJ Moore

I have a hard time thinking Moore is going to be a top 30 WR this season.... I wouldn't drop him but I wouldn't feel great about ever having to start him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’ll pass on having a share of DJ Moore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Puka lined up in slot and Matt Stafford just peppers the slot no matter who is there.

Edit: Actually I'm just parroting somebody and haven't watched the game yet. Take what I'm saying with a huge grain of salt.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 13, 2023