Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Augus posted:

the unity ceo is personally going to be setting up bot networks to uninstall and reinstall unity games hundreds of thousands of times
if he does this i will completely and utterly respect the audacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Hatebag posted:

yeah i intended to wait until they released the actual finished version of bg3 but that'll probably be in 2 years so gently caress it it's bug town.
western programmers can't make games for poo poo, it's crazy. i guess id was doing a good job at qaqc and epic but the rest of these companies just don't give a gently caress but hell i guess they make a ton of money so maybe I'm the idiot

elden ring crashed more for me than starfield.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bethesda staying with Gamebryo now seems like a stunningly wise decision, in retrospect :smugdon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chairman Todd moves from win to win

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tankbuster posted:

skill issue

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it always was. Fromsoft also uses their own engine and has incredibly janky Multiplayer compared to Taleworlds but its fine for them because precision japanese engineering or something.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Chamale posted:

I'm deciding whether I want Baldur's Gate 3 or Starfield. I usually don't like turn-based RPGs, and I love Bethesda games, but I hear good things about BG3. How does the party work in Baldur's Gate 3? Can I make an entirely custom party, or do I make one character and there are a bunch of named characters that can join me? Do I control everyone in the party, or do I control my character and the NPCs act for themselves?

you make one main protagonist (that can be one of the normal companions if you wish) who is the focus of the story but you control everyone in the party. you can also co-op and everyone plays their character independently

it's good you should get it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

also that unity thing is one of the most suicidally predatory things I've ever seen lol. it's gotta be the ceo burning it down for the insurance money

rippo

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol what

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Unity changes for already released games seems blatantly illegal but laws are only for rich people anyway

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Goddamn BG3 has a whole rear end operatic number when you're fighting the devil in hell. Game owns, GOTY

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

grate deceiver posted:

Goddamn BG3 has a whole rear end operatic number when you're fighting the devil in hell. Game owns, GOTY

raphael's disney villain song was probably my favorite thing in the game

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oh boy, not this guy again...ran into him at the Kroger the other day and he simply wouldn't leave me alone

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Augus posted:

the fraud protection department is just an empty broom closet

they've got a contract with "fraud guarantee"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Buck Wildman posted:

also that unity thing is one of the most suicidally predatory things I've ever seen lol. it's gotta be the ceo burning it down for the insurance money

rippo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Junkozeyne posted:

Unity changes for already released games seems blatantly illegal but laws are only for rich people anyway

yeah theres probably some provision in their 500 page license agreement that lets them change the terms any time

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

DaysBefore posted:

Pirate them both and the you can play two good games instead of one :cheersbird:

A good idea except my hard drive currently has about 50 GB free. I've already got to purge a bunch of games to install something new.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tankbuster posted:

well elden ring crashed zero times for me whereas bg3 sometimes the map button just decides not to work or you can't move the cursor on dialog options or you tell someone to jump and not only do they not say "how high" they don't do a god damned thing. plus every menu is complete dogshit with input lag and a dozen bizarre decisions that make everything clunkier. and there's a button to make tooltips come up but half the time it doesn't do anything so you have to cycle it on and off. maybe it's europeans that're the problem
love the game though

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022

Ben Nerevarine posted:

whole excursion netted about 3 levels and 50k credits. not bad but not worth the tedium

if you're into menu'ing for credits i'm pretty sure you can make more than that working in a drug lab on neon

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Hatebag posted:

well elden ring crashed zero times for me whereas bg3 sometimes the map button just decides not to work or you can't move the cursor on dialog options or you tell someone to jump and not only do they not say "how high" they don't do a god damned thing. plus every menu is complete dogshit with input lag and a dozen bizarre decisions that make everything clunkier. and there's a button to make tooltips come up but half the time it doesn't do anything so you have to cycle it on and off. maybe it's europeans that're the problem
love the game though

yeah I had fun with elden ring as well but one day the game began to stutter and lag real bad.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

gabe newell has been hoarding knives for just this moment. gabe…. it’s time

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this list made me realize that the entire reason for this is fomo from not getting a bigger cut from vampire survivors

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

think about it, a little tiny download, millions of downloads including pirated. on a bunch of platforms. people probably uninstall and reinstall it all the time.....

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Al! posted:

im going to play disco elysium 10000000 times and bankrupt ilmar kompus

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Folding@home but for unity installs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainBeefart posted:

Folding@home but for unity installs

someone will make a script that scrapes steam and anroid store for unity games and then just run it through a botnet to "install" a gorillion games, it's gonna own and make the scheme completely unusable

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

who's this handsome mf

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truga posted:

someone will make a script that scrapes steam and anroid store for unity games and then just run it through a botnet to "install" a gorillion games, it's gonna own and make the scheme completely unusable

it seems the only recourse is to put unity into the ridiculous position of trying to recover 5 million from the sex with hitler guys

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i mean how does it even work with overseas developers, does unity expect to collect from the psychos who made cruelty squad?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

who's this handsome mf

this idiot doesn’t know Peely.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

this idiot doesn’t know Peely.

is he single

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cruelty squad is both ironically bad and unironically bad and thats because its finnish

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo the whole botnet idea just reminded me, unity is gonna ddos their own servers with this bullshit, nuking all their games in the process because they'll gently caress up the failure state, aren't they

lmfao

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

I hope they don't budge, video games deserve another industry collapse

been saying this!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Truga posted:

poo poo the whole botnet idea just reminded me, unity is gonna ddos their own servers with this bullshit, nuking all their games in the process because they'll gently caress up the failure state, aren't they

lmfao

hell if theyre saying they can do pirate installs you probably will just be able to do an api call with no cert or credential to add +installs to any game without even installing it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

i mean how does it even work with overseas developers, does unity expect to collect from the psychos who made cruelty squad?

Isnt Cruelty Squad Godot?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lol that they're going to try to get nintendo to retroactively pay them for every single time that anyone ever downloaded pokemon go

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

lol that they're going to try to get nintendo to retroactively pay them for every single time that anyone ever downloaded pokemon go

I changed my mind this whole thing sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Buck Wildman posted:

I changed my mind this whole thing sounds amazing