Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
In my non-goon Blue Shell League, DJ Moore was just traded for Tyreek Hill. Obviously this means they are equal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Actually this conversation just answered my question, I also have DJ Moore and so I might want to spend more money on Puka to give me a better shot at a WR2.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
I picked him up in two of my leagues last week. I love it when a hunch works out.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How in the gently caress is Allgeier on any of your wires outside of a 8 man league? He’s taken in all mine. I drafted him myself in two leagues as Bijan’s cuff and lolololol at any Bijan owner who let Allgeier go unrostered into kickoff week 1.

Allgeier might be top 20 even if Bijan remains healthy all season. Bid tons of faab.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I picked him up in two of my leagues last week. I love it when a hunch works out.

Wow, that's impressive! What led to you forming your hunch?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Trying to find any Kelce injury updates at all but the only thing the internet cares about is that he is “hanging out” with Taylor Swift lmao

This is annoying, probably going to have to carry Musgrave all week just in case. And yahoo won’t let me make any roster moves with Kelce in the IR as questionable (ESPN does)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Any general principles on how much to bid on waiver auctions? $100 budget for whole season, my WR corps (starting Lockett and Christian Kirk) was my weakest going into the first game and they managed to dramatically underperform low expectations. I had Dotson on my bench so will probably start him. I saw Puka on waivers, popped in here and wouldn’t you know it! Would he be worth picking up for .5ppr?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wow, that's impressive! What led to you forming your hunch?

Nothing crazy, really. My gut was telling me McVay would look for fresh blood with "similarities" to Kupp so I opted to go with the recent draft pick over Jefferson or Atwell. I actually also picked him up as Kupp replacement but didn't start him because I wasn't fully confident in my choice. Brave enough to stash but not enough to start. :eng99:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
odc just said "lol puka nacua is a funny name" and hit submit

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
He was on my mind ever since the draft in mid-August because the Rams fan in the group bid 5 bucks on him to no competition

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

Trying to find any Kelce injury updates at all but the only thing the internet cares about is that he is “hanging out” with Taylor Swift lmao

This is annoying, probably going to have to carry Musgrave all week just in case. And yahoo won’t let me make any roster moves with Kelce in the IR as questionable (ESPN does)

He needs 4 weeks off to start/end the relationship so expect him to go on IR.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

pmchem posted:

How in the gently caress is Allgeier on any of your wires outside of a 8 man league? He’s taken in all mine. I drafted him myself in two leagues as Bijan’s cuff and lolololol at any Bijan owner who let Allgeier go unrostered into kickoff week 1.

Allgeier might be top 20 even if Bijan remains healthy all season. Bid tons of faab.

I'm in an 8-man league :shrug:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Well, waiver claims are all in, time to go to bed and feel stupid in the morning regardless of the result.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Well, waiver claims are all in, time to go to bed and feel stupid in the morning regardless of the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMbkbTPrPA

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Docjowles posted:

The trick with Yahoo is to get your claims in on Monday night or early Tuesday before your player's status is changed to Q. The claims will process without removing your guy from IR.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Quiet Feet posted:

:hmmyes:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gobias Ind. posted:

The trick with Yahoo is to get your claims in on Monday night or early Tuesday before your player's status is changed to Q. The claims will process without removing your guy from IR.

Lol seriously? Thanks for the tip. I almost exclusively play on espn so I am not familiar with all of Yahoo’s bullshit.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m so glad my Yahoo league doesn’t have waivers

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

I’m so glad my Yahoo league doesn’t have waivers

I wish mine did...all these dudes people are excited about got snapped up during the games.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 13, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Another fun trick for yahoo is if you have trash on the end of your bench you can drop them for Sunday/Monday night game handcuffs if they're available.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Can't believe I didn't realize this, thank you. It's annoying when a guy who obviously has a multi-week injury but isnt on IR bounces back and forth between O and Q.

Like what is about happen with Diontae Johnson over the next 2-3 weeks.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Another season means it's time for the league's resident trade vulture to send out total dogshit and hope someone accidentally clicks accept

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Aaaaaaand once again I let the thread psych me up and I spend 30% of my FAAB on a player just to learn I could have had them for 15.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Docjowles posted:

Lol seriously? Thanks for the tip. I almost exclusively play on espn so I am not familiar with all of Yahoo’s bullshit.

Yeah, I just got Puka despite Kelce being a Q in my IR slot :cool:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Vargo posted:

Aaaaaaand once again I let the thread psych me up and I spend 30% of my FAAB on a player just to learn I could have had them for 15.

hell yeah same. Didnt have to bid 20 bucks for both josh kelly and kyren williams. I'm now remembering that my league is stingy with its waiver fun bucks.

Though really I find it better to spend waiver dollars early in the season. Rather then holding onto them, waiting for the next big thing which never comes. Historically most impactful waiver players come in the first two weeks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well someone just spent $41 on Nacua in one of mine and the next highest bid was mine at $15 lol

I probably overpaid for Gainwell, I bid $10 for him an no one else bid on him so. Bourne was still sitting on waivers after FAAB period ended and I had an extra spot so I picked him up for free

E: Also yeah I’m stuck in Sleeper and can’t do anything because I put Mandrews in IR while he was Out and now he’s back to Q and not eligible. But I’m not moving him out of IR and dropping my backup TE until I have an update other than “He looks good we’ll see how he’s doing later this week” so my roster will stay untouched until then

T-Square fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 13, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Guys always pop up through the season. I got Fields and Kmet week 5 last year I think? I'm always weary to spend big week one unless it's injury related.

Anyway I only spent 4$ on a defense (lolGiants) and then grabbed Zay Jones off free agency.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Bid 40% for a Puka I needed to replace Kupp. Somebody who didn't even need a WR bid 51%.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have Kupp and put in 31 for Puca and he went for 61. Another bid was 40.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

T-Square posted:

I probably overpaid for Gainwell, I bid $10 for him an no one else bid on him so. Bourne was still sitting on waivers after FAAB period ended and I had an extra spot so I picked him up for free

I'd say that was less you overpaying and more other owners being asleep at the wheel

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
$37/200 for Zay Jones, only other bid was $20. I guess that’s fine?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Puka went for 35% in one league and 18% (to me) in another. Both 12 team leagues with same scoring settings.

So dont worry about overspending for a guy too much. Its impossible to predict what people will bid.

Hell Hunter Henry went for 20% in one of those leagues for some reason? I got him for 3% in the other.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Puka went for 35% in one league

:clint: There's no way this comes back to bite me.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
If Kupp misses even more time then 35% could be a steal. Or it could be lighting your waiver bucks on fire who knows.

Kid is legit talented though and should see plenty of work even when Kupp returns imo.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Got Allgeier for 40 in the league where he was available. Could have paid less apparently, don’t really care. I also got Puka everywhere.

For whatever reason Kyren Williams and Josh Kelley were the two people paid up for over those guys

E: I forgot one of these leagues is all east coast except me. Gotta remember to put in more $0 bids. Cause people log on at like 5am eastern and grab guys for free after waivers run and I’m still asleep for 2 hours

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 13, 2023

cats
May 11, 2009
Puka was somehow still available in my league this morning, so I snatched him up for free.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Should I pick up Puka to replace Waddle right now? 10 team PPR no bench league.

Also, should I get Hunter Henry to replace Goedert? Mac Jones seems to really like throwing to him and Goedert only got one target last week. Can also get Higbee, but he seems just ok.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
$200 out of $250 budget for Justice Hill is the only way to win your league. Ask whoever did it in one of my keep-four auction leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I got both Puka 33% and Williams 20%. Think I messed up my claims because I had Allgier first but he went for 20%.