Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Yeah I used hunt for this since it gives you more freedom of movement.

You want to make sure your countdown is between 3 - 5 once you’re at the last phase. I’ll post the 5 example below. But for instance if you were at 3 you would just go forward to the boss.

This worked! I got EXTREMELY lucky because I got offered the teleport right next to a trotter chilling by the boss to get in with the right amount of turns and I had the “on party death, resurrect” curio which revived me after boss 2 kicked my rear end. And I really needed it.

by plane 3 I was limping along feebly with a pile of negative curios from occurences, avoiding all combat to make it to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Endorph posted:

this game makes more money than god.

Which is why I suspect they intentionally changed their policy so they can latch on Mihoyo and start bleeding them for all they can.

It's retroactive so every single game (Honkai third impact, Gershin, and any other game they used unity for) will be charged for every single "install".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

well if they wanted to leech mihoyo making china one of the 'developing countries' that has drastically lower fees would be a bad start

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and even if they didnt do that, ive done the math, they'd be paying about 150k a month between genshin/star rail/3rd. which is an insane amount but also not even 0.1% of their monthly profits. they will be, fine.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

Tracking the installation is a bullshit metric. It'll just give unity a money printer. They can just get an intern use a bot on their computer to reinstall/uninstall 24/7 and just charge them $ monthly

Edit, wait no thats too much work. I just saw where they said that the data on tracking installation is proprietary so they don't have to share how they get their number, so just make something believable up and charge them for it
??????

That's the argument? Your business partners could deliberately falsify your metrics to actively defraud you, yes. That's also true whenever you run or serve ads, or rent servers you don't operate, or sell something through a storefront you don't directly control, or do any one of a million other things. At a certain point, you just can't do business without assuming some minimum of good faith on the part of people you're working with. Even criminals have to trust that they're not working with undercover cops.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Walla posted:

I didn't find it weird. If you've been called out for spoilers in the past, then it's only natural to be safe going forward. Just answer the question and move on instead of making it into a thing.

Kits and equipment aren’t spoilers. Pretty easy

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

FractalSandwich posted:

??????

That's the argument? Your business partners could deliberately falsify your metrics to actively defraud you, yes. That's also true whenever you run or serve ads, or rent servers you don't operate, or sell something through a storefront you don't directly control, or do any one of a million other things. At a certain point, you just can't do business without assuming some minimum of good faith on the part of people you're working with. Even criminals have to trust that they're not working with undercover cops.

?????
That's the argument? That you just gotta trust folks?

Business always try to maximize their own profits even at the expense of their own partners. There has been countless examples of that happening all the times, it's why there's a HUGE separate legal system solely for business contracts. And that's a bad example, folks committing crimes always suspect the shady guy as the undercover cop or someone who's trying to rip them off unless you can verify your intentions

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm sure the boys over at Unity will run bot scripts to try to bankrupt one of their biggest shareholders. Can't see how this could possibly go wrong.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The same CEO once had the bright idea of trying to charge FPS players to pay real money to reload in middle of a firefight so yes, it's not out of question that he came up with that idea.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
amazing that we've found the one guy who's managed to hyperbolize how bad the unity bullshit is lol. can we get him a medal or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when i think about people who are going to be destroyed by this, i definitely think the billion dollar enterprise

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay to be clear i mean hoyoverse when i say billion dollar enterprise

unity is a billion dollar enterprise that will actually be destroyed by this

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 hours!)

the 'trigger 10 random effects' one always screws me over

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i feel like i've been even less likely to find the correct path blessings in SU than usual lately

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

NeonPunk posted:

?????
That's the argument? That you just gotta trust folks?

Business always try to maximize their own profits even at the expense of their own partners. There has been countless examples of that happening all the times, it's why there's a HUGE separate legal system solely for business contracts. And that's a bad example, folks committing crimes always suspect the shady guy as the undercover cop or someone who's trying to rip them off unless you can verify your intentions

this thought process is what happens when people learn about materialism and think they cracked the matrix.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oneavi posted:

this thought process is what happens when people learn about materialism and think they cracked the matrix.

You don't need to get philosophical to understand that Unity is just trying to gently caress everyone over to reap huge short term gain before the company crashes and burn.

We'll get 1.4 and 1.5 patches but afterwards is gonna be very questionable. With how big Mihoyo is, I'm hoping they probably will make their own in-studio game engine

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You're free to think the game is about to be EOS'd or have to be remade from the ground up but this is not realistic at all man.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this most likely won't even affect chinese games like at all because unity china is for all intents and purposes wholly independent from whatever decisions unity makes, and also has been developing a local custom version of its products within china, so your multi billion dollar mobile game company will be safe, you can rest easy now

Kale
May 14, 2010

If you're a content creator you're probably salivating like a dog at the prospect of farming doom posting at least.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Isn't Mihoyo a prominent shareholder in Unity's Chinese branch? I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese branch is the only thing of Unity that survives a few years from now, but it's not really going to affect Mihoyo that much.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

You don't need to get philosophical to understand that Unity is just trying to gently caress everyone over to reap huge short term gain before the company crashes and burn.

We'll get 1.4 and 1.5 patches but afterwards is gonna be very questionable. With how big Mihoyo is, I'm hoping they probably will make their own in-studio game engine

I think you are severely underestimating how much money miHoYo makes. The Unity changes (assuming they stick around, which I doubt will happen because of how insane they are) would ruin countless companies with freemium games, but miHoYo is one of the relative few that would be fine because it's obscenely profitable.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Futaba Anzu posted:

this most likely won't even affect chinese games like at all because unity china is for all intents and purposes wholly independent from whatever decisions unity makes, and also has been developing a local custom version of its products within china, so your multi billion dollar mobile game company will be safe, you can rest easy now

Wait really? Oh I had no idea.

Thank you for the clarification

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

this take is legitimately annoying lol. there are easily hundreds of smaller mobile games that would straight up die if this stuff went through, mihoyo's moneyprinters are not in any danger. you are goofy. you are a silly little goofball.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

oh my god

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im losing my mind at looking at all the mobile games that are like, barely skating by, and thinking the one that makes 100 million dollars a month is the one in danger

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 hours!)

western gaming and western gaming companies, lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Endorph posted:

im losing my mind at looking at all the mobile games that are like, barely skating by, and thinking the one that makes 100 million dollars a month is the one in danger

or like the countless indie devs that could potentially just get completely annihilated and deleted from existence if these changes went live

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

People can be kind of weird about things sometimes. I don't quite think they realize when they're talking about Honkai Star Rail its like talking about the top 1% earners. Many games "scrape" by earning like a few hundred K a month globally and last for years, particularly in Asia where the genre is popular. Plus all the doomposting drama farming content creators that have cropped up in the wake of Mihoyo popularizing the genre at all outside of Asia just love to tweak people over exactly this kind of stuff. I wouldn't even doubt if theres 5 or so videos of "Is Genshin Impact going to die cause of this?" with at least 10K views and people giving their uninformed doom takes. :lol:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i"'ll crush anyone who gets between me and my gacha dolls :arghfist:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’ve been doing a run or so of swarm disaster each night and god drat does preservation slap. I’ve honestly had a better time of it with preservation over abundance, running with Kafka, Sampo, Gepard, and Luocha. Maybe once I finish unlocking all the bonuses I will give V a whirl.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Unsurprisingly the topaz hater has bad takes

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just tried out Propagation in regular, non-swarm SU for the first time and wow that was fun as hell. I completely shredded that deer with QQ.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Walla posted:

I didn't find it weird. If you've been called out for spoilers in the past, then it's only natural to be safe going forward. Just answer the question and move on instead of making it into a thing.

This person wasn't called out and has just been weirdly passive-aggressive about the one time people asked to please spoil story beats and maybe datamined characters.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ruby Prism posted:

This person wasn't called out and has just been weirdly passive-aggressive about the one time people asked to please spoil story beats and maybe datamined characters.

Get their rear end!!!!!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So I pre-farmed a bunch of relics for Fu Xuan, but when I leveled them I didn't get a single boost to HP% but instead she got better crit stats than any of my dps characters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clarste posted:

So I pre-farmed a bunch of relics for Fu Xuan, but when I leveled them I didn't get a single boost to HP% but instead she got better crit stats than any of my dps characters.

Desire sensor!! :argh: At least if you get blade you could steal those for him. Assuming the crit is on the longevius pieces and not the guard.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly I'm just gonna roll with it and see how it feels. She still gets plenty of HP from mainstat relics, and doing some extra damage might be a nice boost?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I just got totally rocked by the third phase of the bug boss, so I hit alt f4 and tried playing it all on auto the second time, and won. I feel... really embarrassed.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I've got a nice full set farmed up for FX so I think I'm gonna fail the 50/50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quinque is coming along nicely. I might try for Fu and hope I accumulate enough jade for Topaz.