Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

UFOTacoMan posted:

new Ian Mackaye just dropped

I thought I told you! I hate rich people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i did like it when the mario guy went really fast and seemed pretty happy with how fast he went. That was probably the only good thing I saw this year

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

I meant it in the sense “I don’t know what you are referring to”

oh. anattā means the concept of "there is no self"

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Large Testicles posted:

i can't do that cause i'm inbetween my own place and am living with my dad and stepmom and even though they're technically not living here at the moment, there are loving cameras setup all over the goddamned place. i'm moving into my own place in like 20 days though so, pants free time here i come

wow that’s awful

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

emfive posted:

my wife sells dolls primarily to old ladies with money they don't know what else to do with (like give it to their kids for example, the kids probably suck).

ive heard a lot of these boomer "my kids suck so they dont get anything" stories, and the common denominator seems to be that the boomer in question sucks actually. maybe thats what you were alluding to idk

whats extra weird are the ones who are like either weirdly cheerful or super aggressive about it, like they need you to know that their kids wont be inheriting anything, like theyre expecting you to high five them or something?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mdemone posted:

oh. anattā means the concept of "there is no self"

ultimately and depending on what plane of existence you mean yeah ok

but the trump plane exists and is relatively real

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

the kids are better people than any of us. you should pray to whatever you believe in that the children will save humanity.

this statement has, of course, always been true.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it is incredible what transphobia does to some people's brains

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

euphronius posted:

ultimately and depending on what plane of existence you mean yeah ok

but the trump plane exists and is relatively real

the plane of existence to which I refer is the physical substrate of which you and everything else* are composed.

we are not the same as him. morality is emergent but nonetheless real.

* baryons. don't get me started on the dark sector, that's not the point.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mdemone posted:

the kids are better people than any of us. you should pray to whatever you believe in that the children will save humanity.

I believe they are our future.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
My brother is finally getting into fish at 45 bc he started catching more recently after going out with a guide. Took me till I was in my early thirties. Fish is good food. I won't give up on any of you (who eat meat). You'll get there.

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022

UFOTacoMan posted:

lmao he makes it sound like a chore to locate a venue that allows a free meet & greet and doesnt charge $90 at the door

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

mdemone posted:

morality is emergent but nonetheless real

"wait what happened today? ah well nonetheless"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

:hmmyes:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

pink noise posted:

lmao he makes it sound like a chore to locate a venue that allows a free meet & greet and doesnt charge $90 at the door

yeah lol at anyone who believes this joker who had a professional audiovisual recording setup in the woods and doesn't know how to book a club or DIY show is some kind of scrappy grassroots musical up-and-comer

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i was renting my house in baltimore to a friend for cheap when I was on a long work assignment in CA, and he unplugged my cameras that were in the front/back and the common area on the first floor, and got robbed, because he forgot to lock a window, and didn't have renters insurance, ended up losing like months of grad school work and other stuff because they just took his entire backpack/laptop.

my homeowners insurance ended up covering it, because they stole some of my poo poo too but after some hassles, he plugged them in again

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I may live north of Richmond but I know what the phrase "donations for the touring bands" implies

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mods....plz...

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mdemone posted:

saving humanity is probably both impossible and inadvisable so ehhhhj

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Boob Cop posted:

My favorite meat is...hotdog

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1702114561157992605

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1702083428085067935

lmao, please please let this take down McCarthy. Just for the goddamn laughs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feynman :: me
one electron :: one trump

ihth

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
let the cephalopods have a chance at it imo

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

People blame the internet for rising population of right wing extremest.
It was always there on tv hiding.
The internet just sped up the it's decay, and it's like a corned mouse going for broke, with nukes.

On TV there were people people promoting their podcast about having cancer.
Not a single word about universal healthcare, or putting money into education to get rid of cancer completely.

Just be an entrepreneur and start a podcast.

Hopefully when the old people are asking goggle "who is this person"
the first thing that pop ups is all his crazy rants.

bills too much? rent too high?

"just negotiate with your landlord and creditors" -- liberals and every liberal newspaper

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

saving humanity is probably both impossible and inadvisable so ehhhhj

agreed. I have advised my children of such.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Elephanthead posted:

I guess we know why work from home is canceled.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

loving seeing labor news headline the nyt

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

say what you will about him, he believes in justice

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Consolidated Ed posted:

ive heard a lot of these boomer "my kids suck so they dont get anything" stories, and the common denominator seems to be that the boomer in question sucks actually. maybe thats what you were alluding to idk

whats extra weird are the ones who are like either weirdly cheerful or super aggressive about it, like they need you to know that their kids wont be inheriting anything, like theyre expecting you to high five them or something?

they assume that everyone they meet is just as terrible and selfish

think about that debate where trump seemed to be genuinely shocked that Biden loved his kids

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1702117521241866438

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Apraxin posted:

it's especially infuriating because the timeline here is:

- government previews new 'Trans Guidance for Schools' to 'provide clarity' and it's really bad - forced outing to parents if a child expresses the merest hint of gender uncertainty, a provision that even if kid, parents, and teacher are in full agreement the school admin can still mandate use of birth name and pronouns 'for mental health of other students' (???)
- government's lawyers say holy poo poo your Trans Guidance for Schools violates several human rights and anti-discrimination laws and will get thrown out by the courts instantly, you can't introduce this
- government hits pause but makes a bunch of noises about how they're still raring to introduce their Trans Guidance for Schools asap
- bbc publishes article that interviews two (2) parents - one is this person, the other the supportive parent of a trans kid who says their son was let down by the school and guidance on how to be supportive would have been really helpful
- article is published with title 'Parents Urge Government to Introduce Trans Guidance for Schools'

yes, the media is the enemy of the people, i agree!

i really don't know how to solve the problem of lovely parents.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

mdemone posted:

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Plinkey posted:

salmon is actually gross as a lox bagel

youre a certified food criminal, please reprot to the detention facility

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

UFOTacoMan posted:

this guy's the weirdest psyop

Adbot