Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m flexing Allgeier over Mattison this week. Vikings C is out, Mattison is going to have a tough time punching it through the middle.

This is the way I was going, but I kind of needed someone else to say it and confirm what I was thinking. He's so good, but the Eagles D is also so good, I feel like he's gonna get halted quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Someone in my league bid $1870 of his budget of $1000 for the season. He got two guys

Puka Nacua LAR, WR $565
Justice Hill Bal, RB $375

He has 60 bucks for the remainder of the season

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

RCarr posted:

Yea at the end of the day we need to accept fantasy football is like 80% luck

80% is pretty generous, it is at least 90.

Also I drafted and dropped Toney everywhere already :dealwithit:.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

kiimo posted:

Someone in my league bid $1870 of his budget of $1000 for the season. He got two guys

Puka Nacua LAR, WR $565

At least when an NBA team constructs their roster that way they get at least three guys at the max.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m flexing Allgeier over Mattison this week. Vikings C is out, Mattison is going to have a tough time punching it through the middle.

The Vikings O-line is atrocious and always gets the poo poo kicked out of them by fletcher cox. Our under sized center will be replaced by Schlottman which is a guaranteed 2-3 plays where there’s a fumbled snap or mistimed something.

Our guards are terrible and will be steamrolled constantly, so when we try to run it up the middle Mattison will encounter the first tackler like 3 yards behind the LOS.

Mattison will get like 11 carries for 21 yards, with one of those being a 15 yard run. Fletcher Cox will carry him backwards a cumulatively further distance by the end of the game.

And Vikes will likely be two touchdowns back after the Eagles first two drives, so we will start running a lot of slow developing pass plays and screens that get blown up.

That my experience watching this Vikings Oline against the eagles the last few years. But maybe it will be different tomorrow nigth?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

kiimo posted:

Puka Nacua LAR, WR $565

Someone in one league I'm in sent $200 for Justice Hilll, of a total of $250 FAAB.

That guy will be sad when the key turns on the Gus Bus and starts that ol' faithful engine.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

Kirk Cousins is like 2-12 in primetime games lol. You gotta play JJ but anyone else could be rough

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Don't forget to move any Thursday peeps out of your flex slots!

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

RCarr posted:

Yea at the end of the day we need to accept fantasy football is like 80% luck

Pretty much need this in banner ads on the fantasy site, or maybe just tattooed on my hand.

Bellmaker posted:

Kirk Cousins is like 2-12 in primetime games lol. You gotta play JJ but anyone else could be rough

Agreed, primetime Kirk is legendarily bad. One of the few football stats I care to remember, mostly to rub it in my friends' face (Vikes fan).

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Poque posted:

Don't forget to move any Thursday peeps out of your flex slots!

Why shouldn't Thursday players be in flex slots?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

Why shouldn't Thursday players be in flex slots?

Lineup flexibility. In case someone playing Sunday gets injured, you have the most options to replace.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Anyone else looking at their lineup, trade options, waiver wire etc and feel like they're in the Week 9 mud even though it's only Week 2?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Zach Moss worth a pickup?

surfpenguin
Mar 18, 2009
I just dropped Charbonnet for him. I was a Dobbins owner, so I needed any player who could be a starting RB .

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Bellmaker posted:

As a fan since his days in DC, yea. Starting JJ, but anyone else is big yikes from me.

RB wise, I have currently Bijan, Tony Pollard, and Allgeier who I just picked up in my flex.

I have Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White, and David Montgomery on my bench. Any thoughts on starting any of those over anyone?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Eh. Given how bad Deon Jackson was, I have to imagine that the Colts try to get Moss involved in some capacity. But i wouldnt start him this week. Maybe pick him up to see how he does if you really need a week 3 & 4 starter. Because he seems useless once Taylor returns. Well unless you think something else will go wrong there

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Just finished watching the Atlanta game. I'm not going to panic with London or Pitts yet. That pass rush was destroying the Falcons line. I think London struggles this week with Jaire Alexander, and then I try to buy low in leagues I don't have him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Bumhead posted:

Anyone else looking at their lineup, trade options, waiver wire etc and feel like they're in the Week 9 mud even though it's only Week 2?

Matt Zerella posted:

:hmmyes:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jamaal Williams feels like the right start over Mattison, eh?

Edit: With Ekeler and Jones both not practicing I probably gotta start Williams AND Mattison heh

Poque fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 14, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I try every week to put the latest starting players in flex spots.

I have Drake London in three leagues now that people are dropping him, I guess I'm really putting my money where my mouth is on this one

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Had Diontae Johnson, dropped him to pick up Puka Nacua who was just sitting there. Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne are also available. Does anyone have strong feelings one way or another on any of these guys? I'm really just stashing these guys on the bench for now so it's not a huge deal for me, but Johnson is out for like 5-6 weeks, so I need someone to fill that spot.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Bird in a Blender posted:

Had Diontae Johnson, dropped him to pick up Puka Nacua who was just sitting there. Jakobi Meyers and Kendrick Bourne are also available. Does anyone have strong feelings one way or another on any of these guys? I'm really just stashing these guys on the bench for now so it's not a huge deal for me, but Johnson is out for like 5-6 weeks, so I need someone to fill that spot.
I kind of like Bourne about the same as Puka. The Patriots aren't amazing on offense but they're at least competent this year and he's a good player. I like Meyers a little less than either of those two, but he's a reasonable flier, just the situation seems less favorable (he's WR2 behind Davante, Josh McDaniels seems mediocre, Jimmy G injury risk.)

take me you ANIMAL posted:

As a fan since his days in DC, yea. Starting JJ, but anyone else is big yikes from me.

RB wise, I have currently Bijan, Tony Pollard, and Allgeier who I just picked up in my flex.

I have Dameon Pierce, Rachaad White, and David Montgomery on my bench. Any thoughts on starting any of those over anyone?
I like the Bijan Robinson / Tyler Allgeier stack there. I'm doing that in one league, over Kenneth Walker, Raheem Mostert, or Breece Hall this week. It might not be the optimal play but it's the most fun to me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think Diontae and Jakobi will be heads and shoulders above those other guys after a few more weeks.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

gloom posted:

I like the Bijan Robinson / Tyler Allgeier stack there. I'm doing that in one league, over Kenneth Walker, Raheem Mostert, or Breece Hall this week. It might not be the optimal play but it's the most fun to me.

Ok gonna run it, with a side bet of 100 to the bail fund in Georgia. Either way they get paid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You know, I mostly ignore it but ESPN's score projections are outrageous and I want to talk about it again.

It's pretty bold to project Jeudy to be in double figures when as far as I know he still can't fully practice and as far as I know still has Russell throwing to him

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
They average the poo poo out of those from some people that don't even watch football.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I would absolutely pick up Jakobi Meyers in any league he's available in. 10 targets and Jimmy loved throwing his way in the red zone.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Ok gonna run it, with a side bet of 100 to the bail fund in Georgia. Either way they get paid.
Hell yeah :respek: of course now that I’ve said this Atlanta will rush for 81 yards total and Drake London will go off for 114 and two TDs.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Pretty much need this in banner ads on the fantasy site, or maybe just tattooed on my hand.

Except when I win. Then it is a game of deeper skill than grandmaster level chess chess and my success is because I am a galaxy brained wizard

Dango Bango posted:

I would absolutely pick up Jakobi Meyers in any league he's available in. 10 targets and Jimmy loved throwing his way in the red zone.

Yeah def. I think the only reason he wasn’t right there with Puka on everyone’s waiver lists is because he was too high owned to make the cut. If he’s available for some reason run to add him

Although if he wants to skip this week to get healthy my Davante Adams shares would thank him

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Alright, I'll switch out Puka for Jakobi. I was a little worried about Jakobi's concussion, but I can afford to wait a week or two if he's out short-term.

E: I have the benefit of a 10 team league and I think only half the league really pays attention. There always seems to be a decent guy available because people just don't bother dumping their terrible guys on the bench.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 14, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Someone in my league is still running Kupp. That type of league can be frustrating. There are 3 players in my league that actually try and make smart pickups, which makes it tough sometimes.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

ShowTime posted:

Someone in my league is still running Kupp. That type of league can be frustrating. There are 3 players in my league that actually try and make smart pickups, which makes it tough sometimes.

And you will lose to them somehow.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m still pretty confident Mattison is gonna be at least a high Flex to low RB 2 this week. At least in 0.5 ppr or ppr.

cats
May 11, 2009
In a bit of a pickle with my RBs this week and I am terrible at managing risk so I need someone sane to talk me off the edge..

I have Ekeler, Jones, Swift, and Kelley. Obviously Ekeler and Jones are questionable. Swift plays tonight so I need to make a decision by then, otherwise I risk only having one available RB on Sunday. The least risk-averse option would be to sit both Ekeler and Jones and take my chances for at least some points out of the other two, right? I'm in first by ~30 points but my opponent tonight is pretty stacked with Hurts, McCaffrey, and Miles Sanders. Supposedly the Chargers will make a decision after practice today so maybe I'll know for sure about Ekeler in time...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah we're all sitting Jakobi right

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Yeah we're all sitting Jakobi right

I mean he's in the concussion protocol so probably

Also WTF Adams missed practice too? How are all of my loving teams injured it is week 2!!!

Nov 6, 2002

I'm pretty sure Aaron Jones is actually fine.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Tyler Allgeier is available in my casual friend 8 team league with 1 ppr. We run only 5 bench slots though so Im not sure who to drop for him. Options are

Cam Akers
David Montgomery

I was thinking of just dropping Akers here? The rest of my RBs are CMC/Breece/Najee and with the Steelers offense looking the way it is out the gate I was looking for a better upside option here.

Nov 6, 2002

I dropped Akers. I am not up for riding that train this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I don't know that Allgeier is a must own in an 8 team 5 bench league but I would probably drop Akers for him yeah. In a league that shallow there might be someone even better available too