Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

On CT for rifles I roll: A1-S / A4 / AUG / Scout / AWP

The FAMAS is and forever will be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just use the M4A1 and use the AUG for when you need an M4A4. But also don't listen to me because I've lost my last 6/7 games.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Pfft, obvious take for someone who doesn’t insist on playing spots called “heaven” with no AWPing talent whatsoever! I like my call of duty guns tyvm

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
i feel like the game is really overestimating me by giving me a rank of 11.6k. The new era of goonmans in CS2 is going to be glorious though.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

always a great feeling when you suck so bad at the game your teammates are fine with taking a competitive timeout just to kick you

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hbag posted:

always a great feeling when you suck so bad at the game your teammates are fine with taking a competitive timeout just to kick you

loving hell it was a silver 1 match too

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

A TURGID FATSO posted:

i feel like the game is really overestimating me by giving me a rank of 11.6k. The new era of goonmans in CS2 is going to be glorious though.

I think because so many people are unranked it has trouble placing. There's going to be a long road up/a long slide down as more people get ranked and settle into roughly where they should be

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lets roll-oll

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Played about 40 games of premier and my main takeaway is that sprays feeling bad + improved hit reg has resulted in a crazy shotgun meta. Not exaggerating, my last 6 games have all had at least two XMs on CT side at all times and more on T side ecos. They're just crushing right now.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Pandaal posted:

Played about 40 games of premier and my main takeaway is that sprays feeling bad + improved hit reg has resulted in a crazy shotgun meta. Not exaggerating, my last 6 games have all had at least two XMs on CT side at all times and more on T side ecos. They're just crushing right now.

I am personally responsible for changing the csgo meta

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What if this is another Aug/ssg situation and the xm was actually always good? Makes you think.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

it was always a good anti eco gun lol

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

What if this is another Aug/ssg situation and the xm was actually always good? Makes you think.

Who could have predicted this? No one. No one could have known how good the xm was

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

someone clearly never watched prime Fnatic

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

xm was always good :hai:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Shotgun with a non-random spread pattern is good?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The xm rules, I wish it made the Quake 1 shotgun sound when it fired

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the nova's better if you dont need to fire very fast but the xm is good yeah

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is the mag7 no good? I quite like it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

its got good range for a shotgun iirc

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MAG-7 is deec enough imo, good for close-quarters like Inferno apps

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

symbolic posted:

MAG-7 is deec enough imo, good for close-quarters like Inferno apps

Or on nuke if you wait at the bottom of the stairs at secret. Nobody ever expects it.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Pandaal posted:

Or on nuke if you wait at the bottom of the stairs at secret. Nobody ever expects it.

brb buying a name tag and naming my mag-7 "the inquisition"

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
The shotguns are good enough if you get to decide the engagement that was never really the problem. Its when they dont run into you and now youre stuck retaking from a long range with a shotgun

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Just also buy a deagle

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 14, 2023

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Kehveli posted:

The shotguns are good enough if you get to decide the engagement that was never really the problem. Its when they dont run into you and now youre stuck retaking from a long range with a shotgun

This was hiko and others playing on Hut with the shotgun as they pushed outside over and over. Great if they run into you otherwise it was scrounging around pistols/smgs or galils.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Let me tell you about this gun called the Scout that is the best gun in the game. It’s all I buy!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i havent won a single match since i got my mm rank and im starting to think i will never be good at video games

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

hbag posted:

i havent won a single match since i got my mm rank and im starting to think i will never be good at video games

welcome to cs, friend

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Let me tell you about this gun called the Scout that is the best gun in the game. It’s all I buy!

i'm just gonna post a bunch of old videos from goonman days of yore, don't mind me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPycUftNjR4

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
roachx sighting rip

e:conduit is very good imo and still gets play in goons(like twice a year). I don't think it was even an operation map? Some cevo thing maybe.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 14, 2023

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Looking at all of the names on that video and also the map :stare:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm just gonna post a bunch of old videos from goonman days of yore, don't mind me

rep that WW tag

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What was the submarine/arctic map? I think Ts had to bomb the sub or something.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Had weirdness last night where the other team surrendered because I'm too good at Counter-strike but then I didn't rank up and was still sitting at 99. The next match I played allowed me to either gain points if I win or rank up if I lost.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

mcvey posted:

roachx sighting rip

i'm sure goonmans haven't been the same without voting him captain while he's on a smoke break

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

does anyone have that old goonman clip where i think his name was cornet buys on an eco, runs a full circle around the map and then mows down his teammate

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Misc posted:

does anyone have that old goonman clip where i think his name was cornet buys on an eco, runs a full circle around the map and then mows down his teammate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIQoai9sqpQ

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

lmao i forgot he runs around with a smoke in his hand the entire time. what a g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

someone clearly never watched prime Fnatic

or as of today, current NaVi