Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

Buddykins crowdfunding for his own funeral (spends the $ on booze & cocaine)

Buddykins is basically Todd the squirrel from Achewood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Young Lyle

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Trying out this "Italian food" stuff everyone keeps talking about

I could eat five of these a day back in college

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Being Regular Lyle kind of sucks so that would be the way to go

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Last time I had a Totino's they were round. this newfangled pizza poo poo is wild

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Good Citizen posted:

like if my dog sees a cat she loses her goddam mind in fear and is inconsolable for like an hour searching the house to make sure it didn’t get in

that's cute, but also pathetic.

my dog is afraid of anything foreign that comes into our house. boxes, toys, pillows, whatever, she cowers and refuses to engage with the New Thing

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

yeah that tracks

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Louisgod posted:

that's cute, but also pathetic.

my dog is afraid of anything foreign that comes into our house. boxes, toys, pillows, whatever, she cowers and refuses to engage with the New Thing

we had one very windy day like 2 years ago and now anytime a breeze picks up she’s like NOPE and hides in a back room for a few hours

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

AxGrap posted:

I'm on jabber
:qqsay:

Gom?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

you can taste the recycled meat

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

the milk machine posted:

technically you have to touch a computer to make post
Amateur
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/139342777967329281?s=20

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

emfive posted:

I'm going to have a couple of big doll posts in the near future.

Buddykins we might be checking out "Windmills" for lunch on Saturday, the huge Indian food brewpub out at the place with the ferris wheel.

lol depending on the time, you will literally be just a few steps from me

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

jobs are pretty much all the same. make up some sort of big project to do that takes up all your time and never actually gets finished so you can't work on whatever dumb bullshit you're supposed to be doing, but keep in regular contact so it seems like you're really motivated and self-directing. it also helps if the thing you're doing requires you to be somewhere else most of the day, preferably not at the workplace

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

wear a pasta shirt so if i see you i can nod approvingly

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

insane clown pussy posted:

jobs are pretty much all the same. make up some sort of big project to do that takes up all your time and never actually gets finished so you can't work on whatever dumb bullshit you're supposed to be doing, but keep in regular contact so it seems like you're really motivated and self-directing. it also helps if the thing you're doing requires you to be somewhere else most of the day, preferably not at the workplace

You summed up my time doing tribal grant funded work very well

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Did you black out the name because this is someone you know?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Buddykins posted:

wear a pasta shirt so if i see you i can nod approvingly

you could be like "do you make-a da pasta" and emfive could respond "i make-a da pasta"

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/506196759300038656

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Shifty Nipples posted:

you could be like "do you make-a da pasta" and emfive could respond "i make-a da pasta"

this would make my day, you have no idea

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

:barf:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

External Organs posted:

Did you black out the name because this is someone you know?

I just stole the pic from someone else

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

my queen...

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Except I was also a "closer" and would have to figure out why things we said we were going to do, report on, and finish by X date were never done.

A great memory I have is bringing up at a meeting that I just discovered that this other department was supposed to have been monitoring a project and that they hadn't, to which my coworker that I hated replied "well why weren't you doing it then?".

Because I had no idea about it before I was instructed to dig into this, because its literally not my job per the grant, and because it was supposed to have been done several years before I was hired.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

she like-a da pee!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/maxasteele/status/1702357830483743235

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Buddykins posted:

this would make my day, you have no idea

you have the power to make this a reality

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

i keep a-spurrin' for that sweet sweet urine

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Shifty Nipples posted:

Bring briefcases to exchange. Contained in the briefcases: small gifts

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I hate it when he's unironically right

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

veepfake posted:

i keep a-spurrin' for that sweet sweet urine

would u say ur a yearnin for a urine

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I was hired at $15/hr straight out of college in 2019 because I was desperate for a job. I tried to negotiate but the director told me the wage was written into the grant and I couldn't get a raise until the next grant cycle

That director was fired several months in, and then we discovered he lied about my wage and the position was written to be able to go over $20/hr and that HR had adjusted my positions pay to start past $16/hr but the director ignored them and went over them

I did get a raise then. When I quit the next director pulled me aside and offered me $24/hr to stay and I turned him down

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

crime fighting hog posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

titty_baby_ posted:

I was hired at $15/hr straight out of college in 2019 because I was desperate for a job. I tried to negotiate but the director told me the wage was written into the grant and I couldn't get a raise until the next grant cycle

That director was fired several months in, and then we discovered he lied about my wage and the position was written to be able to go over $20/hr and that HR had adjusted my positions pay to start past $16/hr but the director ignored them and went over them

I did get a raise then. When I quit the next director pulled me aside and offered me $24/hr to stay and I turned him down

Were they at least pocketing the difference or did they just gently caress you over for funsies?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

After I quit 5/6 other employees in the department and that director had all quit or been shitcanned within 2 years

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Man bakes narcan right into his "Texas" ravioli, you won't believe what happens next!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

crime fighting hog posted:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

Were they at least pocketing the difference or did they just gently caress you over for funsies?

I think funsies. The former director was making $$ off the dept in other ways, which led to him being fired by council (but he was on council), and then council gave themselves all $100k/yr salaries so they could devote all their time to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I win, you win, we all win with urine!