Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mobby_6kl posted:

It's certainly a lol but also I doubt it made any difference, you can clearly see it from space anyway.

I mean sure but this time it was some fat guy in a thong. Maybe next time it's a guy with explosives. You don't just let loving random dudes saunter up to your military poo poo in a war zone.

Bertha the Toaster posted:

He's the guy crewing it.

:lol:

Rugz posted:

Better question: The gently caress kind of clown show are these guys running where after arresting and forcing a public apology out of some Russian gammon for taking a selfie with a S400 you do not relocate said S400 and it then gets blown up months later.

Very good point. I guess the answer is "this kind of clown show".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
No mounted helicopter rocket pod, 6.5/10.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They should put a naval gun on it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

naem posted:

Russians: basically Klingons

That's insulting to Klingons to compare the Russian state to them

Klingons win tons of wars and are actually really good at logistics and planning

Russian State can't navigate how to stop a nation without a navy from defeating them at sea

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Pookah posted:

I got to see/hear a Viggen up pretty close this year - it was v. small and extremely loud

Lol what

There’s a military museum I visit on occasion and they have several Viggen, Draken and a Gripen. Viggen is NOT a small plane. 16.4 meters with a 10.6 meter wingspan.

Longer and wider than F-16, Gripen, Draken etc

If anything standing right next to it I was surprised at how loving big it was.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Lol what

There’s a military museum I visit on occasion and they have several Viggen, Draken and a Gripen. Viggen is NOT a small plane. 16.4 meters with a 10.6 meter wingspan.

this makes sense as the key grip has to maneuver the props. so you would expect the draken to be larger than the gripen

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Sashimi posted:

No mounted helicopter rocket pod, 6.5/10.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They should put a naval gun on it

Mark my words, one day they'll become desperate enough to attempt, if not do it.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Fuuuck... that's a cyber truck hand assembled by Elon if I ever saw one! Operation's over folks!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Prettz posted:

Just FYI, titanium is not used in armor-piercing projectiles. It's too brittle and too light.

Oh right, tungsten. The Other T Metal!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Fuuuck... that's a cyber truck hand assembled by Elon if I ever saw one! Operation's over folks!

It may briefly serve as a submarine to replace the rostov on don

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Lol what

I only saw it in flight in an airshow, and it seemed dinky compared to all the other aircraft, especially because it was so much louder than everything else.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Oh right, tungsten. The Other T Metal!

Tungsten is W.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

weg posted:

Nice fast edit lmao, you took the bait but quickly spit it out.

The edit is a sign of weakness on my behalf

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

A sgt goon in GIP thought US marines were so stupid they were a liability because they kept eating c4 and hospitalising themselves

:stare:

I have questions, questions that don't need answers.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol I just saw a video captured by a drone of it buzzing a trench and a mobik gives up and throws all of his gear off and starts gesturing surrender and then his buddies start running, and the mobik throws them under the bus by waving and gesturing at the guys running away and pantomimes them shooting before pantomiming himself empty handed. Good luck private conscriptovich, kinda hope you made it to surrender because that was a huge lol at the speed at which you went "gently caress you guys I'm out"

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is the punishment for corruption in the Ukrainian military/production/procurement increasing?

I'd think someone stealing vital war supplies during a war for survival would be shot for treason as soon as the trial is over in most countries.

Depends on how rich and well connected the person is, not the level of corruption

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Interesting thread from a hockey journalist

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1702366231104229758?t=2QnDUKBGVgifw1mSbb3nAg&s=19

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1698778107149218153?s=20

Burns
May 10, 2008

I believe this is called cognitive dissonance.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Lol what

Teknikland? Great place. They also have some cool ground vehicles and a display of what happens when swedes try to cross norwegian mountains.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DiomedesGodshill posted:

:stare:

I have questions, questions that don't need answers.

C4 is just explosive crayons to a hungry Marine

zone
Dec 6, 2016

No wonder Oryx gave up, how do you even identify something like this

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

zone posted:

No wonder Oryx gave up, how do you even identify something like this

Early version of Wall-E?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

The thing to understand about Russian is that a lot of the translations are wonky because of the extensive use of mat. Mat is a sublanguage made up of pretty much nothing but cursing. There are at least 37* different meanings for "gently caress your mother" (yob tvoyu mat) that are dependent on tone, context, etc. It could mean anything from "This surprised me" to "That's excellent" to "Literally gently caress your mother" (this will get you beaten). A good mat speaker - something pretty much only native speakers can converse fluently in - looks like that mishmash of florid prose and raw vulgarity.

Fun fact: mat is legally regulated by Roskomnadzor, the government agency responsible for censoring and blocking the internet in Russia

*slightly exaggerating but not by much

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_(Russian_profanity)

Also, lmao two more boats got hit

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1702358441719664675?s=20

also beyond just mat, languages are wildly different and any translation is just an exercise in approximation at best.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1702423279221317634?t=Id8pypOzEtgEH9ZGItKK7g&s=19

Whee

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 14, 2023

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:wtc:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
huehuehuehue our favorite bloated chechen is reported to be in a coma by chechen sources on telegram. for now it's an unconfirmed rumor but it costs nothing to dream that it's real until more sources talk

edit: i suppose it would be helpful to translate no?

"Ramzan is currently in a coma" at the top with the fire emojis

The rest are variations of "Allahu akbar" and "Inshallah"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao fat warcriming gently caress

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Anyone: "Why don't you want funds to go to Ukraine to help them defend against the Russian invasion?"
Them: "We can use those funds for America!"
Anyone: "When have you ever voted for spending money on Americans who aren't rich?"
Them: *screeching*

HonorableTB posted:

huehuehuehue our favorite bloated chechen is reported to be in a coma by chechen sources on telegram. for now it's an unconfirmed rumor but it costs nothing to dream that it's real until more sources talk

Ramzan1898MREInfo tries 29% of all of MREs sent to the front.

"Let's get this fat warcriming gently caress onto a slab. Nice"

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 14, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Anyone: "Why don't you want funds to go to Ukraine to help them defend against the Russian invasion?"
Them: "We can use those funds for America!"
Anyone: "When have you ever voted for spending money on Americans who aren't rich?"
Them: *screeching*
“Literally invading Mexico” is the current Chud plan I believe.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Reminder that just a month or two ago Pro-Russian shills were saying Ukraine was going to do that. It's always projection.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ramzan1898MREInfo tries 29% of all of MREs sent to the front.

"Let's get this fat warcriming gently caress onto a slab. Don"

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

But but but Russia is three times larger than Ukraine and has an endless supply of meat for the grinder???

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1702317371246117375

Imagine how many rifle grenades they can strap to that sucker.

Though, in the video in the linked tweet, they're demonstrating using one for evacuating wounded personnel. I think it's actually cool we have quadcopters big enough for those purposes now.

holy poo poo being able to drone lift the wounded is potentially huge

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CyberTruck looking rough

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ramzan Kadyrov ate all russias 155mm shells and that's why they dont have any

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Why do they need new drones for this, didn't Russia say Ukraine already had drones that could carry people and was using them to kidnap soldiers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
claw machine for the enemy, stretcher for your boys