Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quixzlizx posted:

Does the mapping work with a fingertip instead of a stylus?

It’s all done with the controller now. It works pretty well tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just automap because that's absurd

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Been losin' my grip on reality lately. Can anyone with older-model Steam Decks confirm if the carrying case had a little cloth tab to take the Deck out of the case?

My RMA case doesn't.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ff7 remake is magic on ally I'm assuming same on steam
It's 40 on sale

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, mine came with a tab.

I finished Trek to Yomi a few days ago. Pretty good Deck game, but don't think I would buy it full price or really feel compelled to play it again. It's a game that's dependent on its art style, and that kept me going. The level design is that aggravating level based type where you want to avoid progress constantly because there might be upgrades. Combat starts off pretty underwhelming, but once I got used to it and got a few new extra combos, it was actually decent fun running through groups of guys and taking them on like a pro.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Upsidads posted:

Ff7 remake is magic on ally I'm assuming same on steam
It's 40 on sale

It does run good on the deck but it looks like smeared grease. I guess there’s a tweak for it but I never bothered.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wayfinder had a really rough launch but it also runs really good on the deck.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Hammer Bro. posted:

Been losin' my grip on reality lately. Can anyone with older-model Steam Decks confirm if the carrying case had a little cloth tab to take the Deck out of the case?

My RMA case doesn't.

Behold, ye tabless.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

My RMA case doesn't.

Yeah they changed the design at some point and I'm not sure why. You're not crazy at least, but I am keeping my tab forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So I haven't messed around with my Deck in a month and turned it back on and see all my save states on my emulators got deleted

Rip my FE7 randomizer run I guess

e: Nevermind it looks like something moved and fixed it, weird

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 15, 2023

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I see Path of Achra is on sale again. How is it on deck?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

My RMA case doesn't.

Mine has the tab. A friend of mine got a 256gb a couple months ago and it didn’t come with the tab.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

SavageMessiah posted:

I see Path of Achra is on sale again. How is it on deck?

Unplayable without major controls remapping

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mine has the tab. A friend of mine got a 256gb a couple months ago and it didn’t come with the tab.

I have the 256 with the all black case, sans tab. This is the first I am hearing of said tab.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the tab is the best part. you gotta have the tab

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

all of this linux work and shader caches are making me thirsty, I think I'll order a tab

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hammer Bro. posted:

My RMA case doesn't.

Sorry for your loss.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Those Etrian Odyssey remakes look good and all but I can't help but feel like the price is completely ridiculous for PC versions of DS games that are over a decade old. Just Atlus doing Atlus things I guess.

Meanwhile Persona 4 Golden is apparently perfect for the Deck and somehow also priced extremely reasonably even when not on sale.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Beastie posted:

all of this linux work and shader caches are making me thirsty, I think I'll order a tab

Order a WINE.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
My 256GB Deck case has a tab

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

If you somehow do not have enough of Vampire Survivor style games yet, might I suggest God of Weapons, which is basically Backpack Hero + Brotato:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2342950/God_Of_Weapons/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It boggles my mind that there exist steam deck cases without the tab. :psyduck:

I once put my deck in the case with the tab accidentally folded underneath it, and while it obviously wasn't anywhere near impossible, it was still awkward as gently caress to pick the deck up the next time I used it.

Why would they get rid of the tab?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can’t remember if I have a tab or not and now I’m afraid to check in case my deck experience isn’t actually as perfect as it could be

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I lost my tab to RMA. :( Now I rarely put it in the case and have a cheap little jsaux stand for it.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I am tab-less

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I got a Deck early this year and the case it came with had no tab. And it's also got the loud fan. Can't believe I'm having a lesser experience. At least it's not trackpad spicy?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Beastie posted:

Careful not to order an fstab wrong or you're kicked out for good.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Eh, you can recover from the erroneous fstab with a chroot beer.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Are all Delta fans loud, or just the old ones? Because newer decks also come with Deltas, but it's a different model than those used in early decks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty loud about my love of Delta. They got the best planes, the best service, and the best cookies.

I am also pretty old though

Vulpine Complex
Apr 13, 2007

I lost my tab case to an RMA as well. :( I also got the bad fan and worse joysticks on the RMA unit, but that's all generally minor compared to the thing actually working.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have a tab, I can rest easy

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
We are divided, between the Tabs and the Tab-Nots

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siaxGjttoVM&t=15s

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Could you non-tab people start a separate thread? It's basically a completely different experience at that point.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, real talk, how do you non-tabs pick up your deck from the case?

This is assuming the cases are otherwise exactly the same, leaving little to no space to get a grip on the drat thing from underneath. If there are... I don't know, "grabby divots" somewhere along the case molding (moulding?) then whatever, that should be fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i don't know how non-tab people pick up their decks... and frankly i don't wanna know

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The notab thread will be full of tips and tricks about removing the Deck from the case.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
I think we may need more threads than that. My glorious og 512GB deluxe case has a black tab and I'm not sure I want to be seen mingling with owners of a white tab case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Looking forward to No-Tab November.