Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ShowTime posted:

Someone in my league is still running Kupp. That type of league can be frustrating. There are 3 players in my league that actually try and make smart pickups, which makes it tough sometimes.

That is why (with the exception of weirdo leagues) you have to have a decent amount of money involved so people have an incentive to actual play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

Yeah we're all sitting Jakobi right

If he's active I'd feel fine about starting him.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

mcmagic posted:

That is why (with the exception of weirdo leagues) you have to have a decent amount of money involved so people have an incentive to actual play.

We originally did $50/person but dropped it to $20. So there is only like $200 up for grabs, which isn't insignificant but also maybe not enough to make people try.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mcmagic posted:

If he's active I'd feel fine about starting him.

Same.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

ShowTime posted:

We originally did $50/person but dropped it to $20. So there is only like $200 up for grabs, which isn't insignificant but also maybe not enough to make people try.

I think these days you need to have at least $50 on the line for people to care enough for like half of the season before they give up.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Docjowles posted:

I don't know that Allgeier is a must own in an 8 team 5 bench league but I would probably drop Akers for him yeah. In a league that shallow there might be someone even better available too

The rest seem to be about Akers tier give or take, Perine is maybe the best other option? We run 3WRs and 2RB + a WRT flex spot with no dedicated TE spot. The RB to flex is new this year so a lot of teams are running 3rbs and hoarding more on bench instead of trying to start 4 WRs. Though admittedly Im terrible when it comes to small team leagues where you gotta start evaluating borderline "studs"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think these days you need to have at least $50 on the line for people to care enough for like half of the season before they give up.

Our buy in is 275. 50 goes to catering for the draft. The rest is for payouts and we also do 50$ for a high week. So even the crap teams have incentive to play for the full season. I know that's a lot for most people but it keeps the league really active and no one tanks.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I mean he's in the concussion protocol so probably

Also WTF Adams missed practice too? How are all of my loving teams injured it is week 2!!!

Looks like we can relax on Adams availability.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1702357243511869849?s=20

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Zerella Draft Party, Circa 2023

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I scooped Justice Hill off of waivers in my 18 owner league, and now another owner has offered me Curtis Samuel and Salvon Ahmed for him in an effort to improve his own RB situation. I already have Derrick Henry, Damien Pierce, Chuba Hubbard and a couple other RB bums on my team, so Justice will probably ride my bench for the time being if I keep him. Is either Samuel or Ahmed exciting enough to trade away a backup RB for?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Am I crazy for wanting to roll with Jacksonville this week even though it’s the chiefs

Nov 6, 2002

What are the alternatives?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

timp posted:

I scooped Justice Hill off of waivers in my 18 owner league, and now another owner has offered me Curtis Samuel and Salvon Ahmed for him in an effort to improve his own RB situation. I already have Derrick Henry, Damien Pierce, Chuba Hubbard and a couple other RB bums on my team, so Justice will probably ride my bench for the time being if I keep him. Is either Samuel or Ahmed exciting enough to trade away a backup RB for?

No. Sounds like Hill is now your RB3. He's more value than that end of the bench trash.

As a rule of thumb, it is pretty rare that a 2:1 or 3:2 trade is in favor of the guy receiving more players.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

I try every week to put the latest starting players in flex spots.

I have Drake London in three leagues now that people are dropping him, I guess I'm really putting my money where my mouth is on this one

London has a rough match up this week, but I'm standing firm in my belief he will finish the season a monster. :eng101:

I said the same thing about Pitts last year :eng99:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

timp posted:

Both of those guys are waiver wire fodder.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Am I crazy for wanting to roll with Jacksonville this week even though it’s the chiefs

I’m kind of in this boat in one league too. Part of me wants to stream the Lions against Seattle with two starting Tackles out (I believe) especially after the Lions harassed Mahomes all night last week.

However at least one person in that league is keyed in on Jacksonville’s easier schedule and I’m pretty confident he’d scoop them up right away if I dropped them for a week, so I think I’m just gonna ride out a potentially rough week on the D/ST side of things. My entire roster has easy/green matchups and my opponent isn’t particularly strong either, so.

I will now get blown out this week

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

London has a rough match up this week, but I'm standing firm in my belief he will finish the season a monster. :eng101:

I said the same thing about Pitts last year :eng99:

I did take Pitts in one league this year for the first time ever despite being a long time hater (of the opportunity, not the player). Just did not like anyone at all on the board at that time and maybe he has some upside?????

So far I wish I had remained a hater since random waiver idiots posted better scores as usual

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Antonio Gibson droppable already? I've got Qirk as my QB to stack with JJ but primetime. Goff, Daniel Jones, or Purdy are available.

He's my RB5 behind Pollard, Gibbs, Mixon, and Mattison.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Antonio Gibson droppable already? I've got Qirk as my QB to stack with JJ but primetime. Goff, Daniel Jones, or Purdy are available.

He's my RB5 behind Pollard, Gibbs, Mixon, and Mattison.

I did the Goff for Qirk switch today. And yeah Gibson is droppable with the backfield you already have.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Matt Zerella Draft Party, Circa 2023

Where are the Eyes Wide Shut masks!?!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1702419968456052836

hmmm thinking about treylon burks suddenly

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Curtis Samuel

1. Saw more looks last week because of the injury to Scary Terry

2. Is now somewhat hurt

3. When team is healthy (lol) is gonna be behind Terry and Jahan, and possibly Logan Thomas (since rookie QB like the safe throw to TE) in the look chart.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

What are the alternatives?

Nothing I'm super enthused about

Seattle I guess, Jets are great but I feel like the Cowboys are gonna have a lot of short fields lol

T-Square posted:

I’m kind of in this boat in one league too. Part of me wants to stream the Lions against Seattle with two starting Tackles out (I believe) especially after the Lions harassed Mahomes all night last week.

However at least one person in that league is keyed in on Jacksonville’s easier schedule and I’m pretty confident he’d scoop them up right away if I dropped them for a week, so I think I’m just gonna ride out a potentially rough week on the D/ST side of things. My entire roster has easy/green matchups and my opponent isn’t particularly strong either, so.

I will now get blown out this week

Yeah kinda in the same mood.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

He's still stapled to my bench with Allgeier in my flex.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Pick a WR3 - Shaheed, Burks (if no Hopkins), London. I am usually pretty conservative about week 1 overreaction but, man, Arthur Smith.

Fun fact - I paced my league last week despite starting Higgins and London. Tyreek absolves all sins.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Matt Zerella posted:

Our buy in is 275. 50 goes to catering for the draft. The rest is for payouts and we also do 50$ for a high week. So even the crap teams have incentive to play for the full season. I know that's a lot for most people but it keeps the league really active and no one tanks.

Yeah! The weekly gimmick awards for $ are s-tier pro move. It does wonders for keeping people engaged.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Lucky for me I just dropped him!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Bellmaker posted:

Nothing I'm super enthused about

Bucs vs Chi is decent

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
PUKA NO

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1702470482795081871

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

AnacondaHL posted:

Bucs vs Chi is decent

I’m a Bucs homer but yeah I dropped Jacksonville for them this week. They looked awesome week 1.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s as if millions of FAAB budgets suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Docjowles posted:

It’s as if millions of FAAB budgets suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

:yeshaha:

our commish got him, guy I only beat by 10 pts because of Dallas D going off last week.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Timeline on that can be very short apparently so hopefully he takes it easy and lets it heal

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Not running Mattison was such a good call.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Lol why are we just finding out about this on Thursday? Man this season is just the worst.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm gonna puka.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

ChocolatePancake posted:

Lol why are we just finding out about this on Thursday? Man this season is just the worst.

He either hurt it end of wednesday practice or the start of todays practice.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

In an insane bad beat, I won my big money league by .4 pts. Yesterday star corrections came out and Bobby Wagner went from 9 tackles to 8, and I now have lost by .6.

Feels bad man.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Well Swift is off to a decent start. Safely on my bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Well Swift is off to a decent start. Safely on my bench.

Would love for all those carries to be going to Gainwell :argh:

Also seriously the Vikings get to the 1 and fumble. I could really use a non negative score from Mattison. Didn’t want to start him but also didn’t really have any choice