Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kanos posted:

Well, aside from that part where she deliberately engineered a situation to cause a city full of Earthians to die horribly to provide five minutes of cover for her to blow up a hangar full of old model gundams.

Yeah but that was still indirectly for eris benefit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Was it? I feel that one was for Vanadis and against those who would weaponize its legacy.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Synthbuttrange posted:

Was it? I feel that one was for Vanadis and against those who would weaponize its legacy.

She does reference Vanadis, but it was mostly for Eri. Her specific line is "The heinous sinners who trampled on GUND's ideals...now you're trying to interfere with Eri's future? I can't allow that, can I?"

That said, she chose to take those Gundams out by deliberately dropping a false flag attack into the middle of an incredibly tense diplomatic negotiation where both sides were bristling with guns and extremely on edge. Her specific method was 100% guaranteed to kill an absolute shitload of civilians and she didn't really give a single poo poo about doing it. I'm pretty sure she chose to do it that way to twist the knife into Miorine, given Prospera's incredibly creepy speech about wanting Miorine to hear the screams that she does.

(It's also somewhat doubtful she actually needed to blow those Gundams up for the plan, given that what we see and are told about Quiet Zero basically guarantees that those Gundams would have been completely helpless against it. Even Suletta's super genetics piloting a unit that could specifically push permet levels harder than any other suit due to its lack of safeties could only barely handle the data storm.)

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I thought Prospera'w false flag operation was to boost Miorine's popularity in the Benerit presidency election. I don't think Prospera needed her to win per say but having someone who was under her thumb in charge would mean she has less obstacles in her way and people who could start asking inconvenient questions

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think what prospera did in quinnharbor was convenient for her in a lot of ways. much more surefire means of boosting miorine's popularity, gets revenge against ochs earth/SAL, eliminates the only notable cache of tech around that might interfere with her plans, and overall gives bennerit more headaches to deal with and fires to put out while she's finishing building the giant coffin. i think how heavily her motivations lean in one particular direction or the other depends on your read of her, but the ultimate reading the text seems to desire is that the benefit to Plan Eri was the primary motivation with the others being fun bonuses for her.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

God forbid women do anything.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the biggest crime is the lack of Prodoros model kits though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Etheox/status/1700979160225808628?t=xcaUwvNEV8eE7HA5Po6zuQ&s=19

Now the S2 Pharact might actually get to do something.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh hi brain thanks for reminding me about the time Miorine masterminded a plan to save Suletta from her mother by collaborating with Prospera Guel and Belmeria to sabotage her in a duel being broadcast across the entire corporate sphere before publicly denouncing her as a disposable shield and intentionally using her insecurities about her self worth against her to cut things off so "she could be happy."

In a show that features multiple scenes where children are murdered for personal and political reasons Miorine stabbing Suletta in the back like that based on her desire to save her at any cost still hurts the most. Storywise that episode is an angsty feast for my drama brain but goddamn on an emotional level I'm just left thinking "gently caress you Mio, Prospera, Guel, Bel and Eri, leave the tanuki alone she doesn't deserve this!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Three people who love Suletta and one of her mom's workmates come together to save her from the curse of gundams and traumatize her out of concern and love for her.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Three people who love Suletta and one of her mom's workmates come together to save her from the curse of gundams and traumatize her out of concern and love for her.

Which just makes it sting worse, IMO. A bunch of people all doing things for the sake of Suletta's happiness without any of them truly understanding what makes her happy. It'd be easier to swallow if it was just an act of cruelty, but it's cruelty motivated by good but horribly misguided intentions.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it's a standard fiction drama setup that they don't have the characters directly discuss to resolve it

i'm pretty meh on it, though i like the execution of all the individual scenes involving it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They're all super lucky that Suletta is basically the nicest and most understanding woman in the entire universe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah lemme be clear I'm not mad at the show for going that route because Miorine taking the nuclear option and then reverting back to her self sacrificing isolation is entirely in character for her. I'm perfectly fine with that. Emotionally it just fucks with me.

Maybe it's just baby's first Yuri trauma since I haven't watched many romance shows and for all I know horribly traumatic lovers' conflicts are normal and this is mid as far as betrayals go.

Personally I would like it if Suletta did stand up for herself to tell everyone that even though she understands the reasoning behind what happened she's still hurt by it, but I'm also fine with Suletta sidestepping that discussion to commiserate with Miorine over regrets they can't take back. And it's not like the show treats Miorine's choice as anything other than a terrible decision that puts her on the trauma train for the rest of the show, so props there.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 12, 2023

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the details they put into suletta's reaction to being betrayed did get me pretty good. the VA did a great job in that scene

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

her gwakkkk when her suit reverted colors... ; . ;

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Suletta is our friend

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Arc Hammer posted:

Maybe it's just baby's first Yuri trauma since I haven't watched many romance shows and for all I know horribly traumatic lovers' conflicts are normal and this is mid as far as betrayals go.

I saw a lot of memes that referenced people saying "Welcome to Gundam" after the slap with "Welcome to Yuri" there.

Meowywitch posted:

Suletta is our friend

She is the cutest and Mio knows she is super lucky.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Suletta is our friend

i want to play video games with suletta

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i bet suletta's an incredible EDF5 fencer

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Suletta: Armored Core 6 NG++ pro

Miorine: Fortnite Mobile goblin

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Please, Miorine would play Farm Simulator

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Have you seen miorine's room?

She absolutely has a steam account

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker
Mio totally streams hardcore resource/extraction/building games on twitch

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PlaneGuy posted:

Mio totally streams hardcore resource/extraction/building games on twitch

Factorio.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Miorinne plays gacha games.

Suletta has logged like 3000 hours in Power Wash Simulator.

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

Suletta is amazing at flight Sims but loves dating sims.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Suletta: Dating Sims, which is probably canon with how catered her wishlist was
Miorine: Shooters or anything that lets her get off stress quickly (which is canon after episode two)
Guel: Claims "that's kid's stuff", will still be a fourth to whatever Felsi, Petra and that one mechanic are playing
Elan 4: Multiplayer Shooters (is often mistaken for a bot)
Elan 5: Multiplayer Shooters (is a griefer)
Shaddiq: 4X strategy, often loses "to bad RNG"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mio plays Those Games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2348100/YEAH_YOU_WANT_THOSE_GAMES_RIGHT_SO_HERE_YOU_GO_NOW_LETS_SEE_YOU_CLEAR_THEM/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miorine plays genshin impact and gets really mad about character balance
suletta plays genshin impact and has a chart of which characters should kiss

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I mean, we saw Miorine playing a shmup-lite on her phone in the can in that one episode.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
MioMio plays gacha games and whales on all the new characters with her dad's credit cards.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A new Llfrith appeared in Vanadis Heart and P Bandai has the colors. She's a strange one:

https://twitter.com/SayaDoesStuff/status/1702460959510737030?t=G336hsZJ0f69FHhPlI-5gw&s=19

Why yes that is an Ippei Gyoubu design how could you tell?

I know it's P-Bandai but it gives me hope that they won't completely abandon the mainline WFM kits and we get some HGs for things like the Desultor.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 15, 2023

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

abolish p-bandai, the gunpla yearns for freedom

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1702498900077416670?t=CcZtcFt0BpfryOI8n56j8Q&s=19

Grunt suits. Now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
A regular release Gundnode would allow me to forgive a multitude of P-Bandai sins.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I miss Suletta Sundays :sigh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Happy Landfill posted:

I miss Suletta Sundays :sigh:

Same. Need my fix.

https://twitter.com/iynhfgPFRr3yRwP/status/1703310421984420004?t=NO39c27165GcdUg9pojjMQ&s=19

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 17, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More WFM gunpla crimes: Aerial Rebuild doesnt come with a wide open hand. you have to buy the mirasoul booster for a flat hand. >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1704476193221689639