Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

will he sign it

He will voice support the workers rights and unions in general, but this goes a bit too far so too bad gotta veto it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

caelxii posted:

He will voice support the workers rights and unions in general, but this goes a bit too far so too bad gotta veto it.

I support the workers’ right to strike, but should taxpayers, including I remind you tax paying studio heads, be forced to support their decision to strike? No!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

didnt he just veto another decent union bill for farm unions recently

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lmao absolutely savage but with that friendly smiling demeanor the entire time.

Do you think you can think you can outcompete the UK?!

We don't think about you at all. :v:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

RadiRoot posted:

read gooder

never

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/mickeyxfriedman/status/1701978733739901075

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

HallelujahLee posted:

didnt he just veto another decent union bill for farm unions recently

There's been pretty big pushes to give farm workers more power but there is so much resistance from land owners/growers. It's accepted slavery.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

It would be pretty funny if it was just some dude in a basement answering all my chat gpt questions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Somehow everyone in the federal government or academia I am in contact with have come down with severe "colds" two weeks after their kids returned to class, but I'm sure it's nothing.

I have this too but I've tested negative for COVID 4 times. Whomst can say.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Chained to my desk in the chat mines. A loud buzzer damages my hearing just a little more. A new question. "What was the significance of the costume for every incarnation of super man?"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

err posted:

There's been pretty big pushes to give farm workers more power but there is so much resistance from land owners/growers. It's accepted slavery.

if you raise the minimum wage of fruit pickers then the farm owners will simply outsource the fruit picking

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

err posted:

oh no not financial challenge for the parasites that own the giant farm companies

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah everyone we know is going to die of COVID complications eventually and the government will do nothing to stop it. Pretty cool diseased future to look forward to.

Not true, by masking and avoiding poo poo like eating out, I maximize my chance of dying cleanly in the resource wars when they go nuclear.

Granted, it doesn't eliminate the risk, or of unpleasant fates like dying in a wet bulb when someone important dies of such and leads a station to overload, but I'll take those odds.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
some jobs are simply too important to pay fairly

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

err posted:

the owners could go work for free then?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

this fukkin guy https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1702658724832145412

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

These fascists must be stopped.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the owners could go work for free then?

nobody wants to work for free anymore

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

These fascists must be stopped.

are you aware that the california governor has vetoed multiple good union bills or are you playing stupid

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Newsom is going to succccccc in 2028

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

congrats gradenko and please give me some money

hey so did gradenko give you any money, or? I want to ask him for some too but only if he gave you some.

he must have a lot though since he bragged about paying off his house in the doomsday thread- he might even have more money than “guy who bought a $10,000 table but eats with paper plates because he is too fat to unload his dishwasher” dude from a while ago??//?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

If you exclude everything everyone needs to live, inflation is meager!!!! I am brilliant!

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

FlapYoJacks posted:

What weird rear end grocery stores are you going to???

its extremely common in gentrified areas

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Newsom is going to succccccc in 2028

epic dsa guy hooting for Newsom 2028/2032/2036

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Taima posted:

hey so did gradenko give you any money, or? I want to ask him for some too but only if he gave you some.

he must have a lot though since he bragged about paying off his house in the doomsday thread- he might even have more money than “guy who bought a $10,000 table but eats with paper plates because he is too fat to unload his dishwasher” dude from a while ago??//?

That guy has been posting about riding a bike lately so hopefully he can reach his dishwasher now. :unsmith:

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I sometimes miss living somewhere where liquor is so easily obtained and bars are everywhere. Having to make a separate trip to the package store and not being able to buy beer before 1 pm on Sunday down here in Dixie is super annoying.

People here drink just as much as everywhere else too. I don’t believe those maps showing Alabama as one of the driest states for a second.

it's the baptist thing where the worst possible sin is someone seeing you having a good time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

are you aware that the california governor has vetoed multiple good union bills or are you playing stupid

Newsom sucks and I shan't vote for him if he somehow becomes the Democratic candidate for president next year

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yes you will

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

NeonPunk posted:

But the prices on those has been always going up in the past years tho? The used car market is just straight up insane

Yeah it's been a nightmare the last two years since my car broke down.

Used to be able to buy a car for 2k

Now anything under that is just parts or the worst roll of the dice, horrible condition, car you don't even want that a decade ago no one their right mind would take the risk with; especially your only money, that took a year to scrape together, often depriving yourself of needs to do so.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1702354962846560446

it’s just rent-seeking all the way down isn’t it?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

People's Republic of China FTW

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

lol at his next tweet.

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1702755996433531013

:iiam: :iiam: :iiam:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

could it be that people are unhappy with inflation driven prices remaining high and only continuing to rise? :iiam:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

but the prices are still high ? they didn’t go down ?

man krigman is more out of it than ever

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

euphronius posted:

But his spreadsheet that tracks beard comb prices looks great!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Inflation stopped! Ignore the fact that your grocery bill is still like 40% higher than it was 3 years ago; it stopped rising so you should be happy!

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Could it be because all my models are based off of cherry-picked, means-tested bullshit? No, it's the voters who are wrong.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

theCalamity posted:

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1702354962846560446

it’s just rent-seeking all the way down isn’t it?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Who are you going to believe- my wall of diplomas or your lying eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

someone should email him paradoxish’s area under the curve point. bet it’d get a response because it’s actually what matters . I mean my supply chain poo poo email to him led to another oped in which he was wrong again.