Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

random q but if anyone has snoo's "i don't like 'em mealy" pic could you post it here plz tyia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

That's exactly the end goal of the elite. They want you to be afraid to leave your house and they want you to never leave your hometown.

Resist.

lol

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Soap Scum posted:

random q but if anyone has snoo's "i don't like 'em mealy" pic could you post it here plz tyia

Google Butt posted:

i just like this one

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

amazing thank you

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

The Brunch Resistance

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Insanite posted:

even posting that image is an act of violence

e: deerhoof still refusing to acknowledge normal

https://twitter.com/deerhoof/status/1702000238041399573

From a few days ago, but just wanted to say that Deerhoof rules.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pingui posted:

Speaking of Mr. Spicy Nachos, here is a very recent interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0cOwhFf-hY

gotta tighten up your Statistic Pronouncing, Eric.

otherwise yeah clean indoor air, yup

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

redreader posted:

What's the age range for the kids vaccine? can my 5 year old get the 'normal person' vaccine or do they need to still get the kids version?
6mos and up are eligible for updated 2023-2024 monovalent from Moderna or Pfizer. It gets complicated if they're unvaccinated so try to follow along:

Unvaccinated:
  • 6-18 gets one shot of either Modern or Pfizer 2023-2024 monovalent, regardless of previous vaccination (Novavax not approved for kids yet, but the original Novavax was available for 12 or older by preference as of June '23, we'll hear about them on Sept 22nd)
  • 6mos-4y gets either TWO doses of Moderna or THREE of Pfizer, spread out over weeks, since they're assumed to be immune naive and never have gotten covid (lol)).
  • 5 year olds get one dose of either Moderna or Pfizer, regardless of previous vaccination status

Clear as mud, right? Here try a picture:

Moderna has a smidge more active ingredient than Pfizer; testing between the two is hard to compare since they used different metrics. Moderna historically kicks your rear end harder side-effects wise than Pfizer as a result of more of the active ingredient, as it were.

Vaccinated:
  • Everybody gets one shot of either.

One of the reasons you're likely not seeing the pediatric vaccines available for appointments yet is this:

Your Local Epidemiologist posted:

Access may be challenging because this vaccine is now privatized. For example, pharma requires pediatricians to purchase at least 200 vials. This is a risk to providers and will unintentionally drive inequities.

So if I were you I'd have you and all your parent friends phonebomb your local pediatricians office so they understand there's enough demand to justify a purchase that large (each vial has six doses).

The above information came from the Your Local Epidemiologist newsletter as well as the CDC website, which literally updated while I was browsing it lol complete with a survey asking how it looks. Given that they just slapped the press release about the new booster in a banner at the top, I'm gonna say, not great! Why is somebody's substack faster than the goddamn government about reporting poo poo the government is doing? ITS YOUR loving MEETING, YOU WERE THERE, TALKING ABOUT IT, YOU HAD THE SLIDES ALREADY, HOW IS THIS SO loving HARD?! MAKE ONE WEBPAGE THAT SAYS WHAT INFORMAL POLLING SUGGESTS WILL BE THE OUTCOME AND ONE THAT HAS THE SECOND MOST LIKELY OUTCOME THEN MAKE THE ONE LIVE THAT'S CORRECT AS SOON AS THE APPROVAL COMES DOWN COME ON.

Oracle has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Sep 15, 2023

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.
Don't know which is more grim, this or the responses
https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1702383963027734706?s=20

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oracle posted:

The above information came from the Your Local Epidemiologist newsletter as well as the CDC website, which literally updated while I was browsing it lol complete with a survey asking how it looks. Given that they just slapped the press release about the new booster in a banner at the top, I'm gonna say, not great! Why is somebody's substack faster than the goddamn government about reporting poo poo the government is doing? ITS YOUR loving MEETING, YOU WERE THERE, TALKING ABOUT IT, YOU HAD THE SLIDES ALREADY, HOW IS THIS SO loving HARD?! MAKE ONE WEBPAGE THAT SAYS WHAT INFORMAL POLLING SUGGESTS WILL BE THE OUTCOME AND ONE THAT HAS THE SECOND MOST LIKELY OUTCOME THEN MAKE THE ONE LIVE THAT'S CORRECT AS SOON AS THE APPROVAL COMES DOWN COME ON.

I didn't get this degree with an "m" and an "a" in it to do work bub

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

empireofcrime posted:

Sounds like a crisis and the only solution is more naturopaths

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

no one wants to work anymore.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

empireofcrime posted:

Bear in mind re: the responses, blue checks get shown first, and blue checks are pretty much either deranged nitwits or people who have no choice but to be on Twitter because of their jobs.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

empireofcrime posted:

Trying to explain short staffed health depts to an american: ok, imagine a football stadium, except all the seats are empty.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Australia covid data update: NOPE

https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1702597829041254464
https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1702594062908637615
https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1702634948979814477

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Trying to explain short staffed health depts to an american: ok, imagine a football stadium, except all the seats are empty.

are the Bears playing?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

this is the most likely outcome, yes

there may also be some prompt doctors who relay whatever chatgpt tells them

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Insanite posted:

this is the most likely outcome, yes

there may also be some prompt doctors who relay whatever chatgpt tells them
"I'm prescribing you 100 mg of Soma 3x/day"

"That's not a real drug!"

"You should work on your pharmaceutical beliefs."

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

Bastard Tetris posted:

I am in awe that you are able to get LDN. Was that prescribed and through a compounding pharmacy? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to share details publicly.

Neurologist refused to even talk about it. Said Naltrexone is a controlled substance, (it's absolutely not lmao) Told me to see a speech therapist, and to attend CBT.

(already in psychotherapy so my psychiatrist was as annoyed as me)

Psychiatrist is experienced prescribing Naltrexone for self harm and addiction.

He gave me a normal prescription so I just get the 50mg tablets and crush one and mix with 100ml of water, 9ml = 4.5mg. Oral syringe them in corked 10ml bottles and drink my LDN throughout the week until its time to crush another pill and make more

Tried a few things but quickly this is what our psychiatrist and I found to be the best way to get Naltrexone covered by medicaid.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Cock and Ball Torture? you might want a second opinion!

(thanks)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/davidelfstrom/status/1702477169442586891?s=46

how to test your air purifier’s performance

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NeonPunk posted:

Have any goon parents thought about getting a false mustache, a make up kit, and some grey hair spray for their kids? Heck for those in California, there are make up artists and special effects workers who don't have anything to do rn, they could easily age up your kiddo.

If anyone at the pharmacy get suspicious, just say it's a Benjamin Button thing and it is against HIPPA to pry more in their personal medical information

just let your kid smoke one cigarette while you're waiting and show the staff that meme of the 30-something turkish guy who looks like a nine year old boy

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Steve Yun posted:

how to test your air purifier’s performance

temtop! *click*

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.
https://twitter.com/chloereichel/status/1702713839106588999?s=20

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
we have the tools

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
the tools are in charge

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Yeah no poo poo. The place I always get boosters is a cute little mom and pop pharmacy and they just prop the door open, people line up outside, you do your paperwork while you're waiting and then they get you your shot and you leave, it's been an incredibly smooth and easy experience every time. You want the thing, they give it to you, it works. Getting money and god forbid insurance involved in this very simple system is not going to make anything better for any actual person that matters to me.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
is 2 weeks still considered the min/max point for vaccine titers?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

nexous posted:

is 2 weeks still considered the min/max point for vaccine titers?

two to three, yeah, longer the older you are. Its not like they stop at that point there's still some movement iirc up to four weeks, then it'll slowly start to decline back down towards baseline (assuming no breakthrough infeection or what have you).

Some studies to make you doubt whatever you decide.

Oracle has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Sep 15, 2023

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
:suspense:

Although T cell activation has been evidenced in acute and Long COVID, it might not be the root cause of the immunological issues we have been seeing in the affected population, and, as a virus that depletes dendritic cells50, infects macrophages51, platelets52, T lymphocytes2,53,54, monocytes55, megakaryocytes52,56,57 bone marrow7,57, and makes long-term alterations to the innate immune system58,59, SARS‑CoV‑2 may have complex, multi-faceted impacts on the immune system that will only be fully elucidated over time.

nbd just feed me some CRISPR and a jug of monoclonal antibodies

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Soapboxed a discord with info from this thread, for the purpose of convincing a person who got hosed to get Pax and slow down. Another success story!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

my CVS had the updated shots! i can feel the titers :getin:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this is one hell of a theory lol jfc

quote:

(...)

If UCSF imaging data are verified then they suggest that everyone who has had COVID-19 might have been subjected to these effects and that ongoing immune activation might be a common feature of all COVID-19 infections regardless of perceived Long COVID status. A possible explanation of persistent activation would be persistent infection, now evidenced in a number of SARS‑CoV‑2 studies, and seen in other viral infections such as human cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus. In immunological terms, with regard to the activation of T lymphocytes, the UCSF study suggests people who have recovered from COVID-19 might be on the same spectrum as people with symptomatic Long COVID, and just as it is possible to have asymptomatic acute COVID-19, it is possible to have asymptomatic or paucisymptomatic Long COVID where the biological effects are experienced less keenly and are controlled sufficiently by the immune system so as not to manifest symptoms or to manifest them mildly.

(...)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

U-DO Burger posted:

this is one hell of a theory lol jfc

So basically, everyone who got Covid is hosed?

Alright, who went and took notes from the 2020 thread?

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

thuly posted:

Soapboxed a discord with info from this thread, for the purpose of convincing a person who got hosed to get Pax and slow down. Another success story!

:coronatoot:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/christinavirgil/status/1702716179544969303?s=46

interesting. searching for friend posts that have the word “sick” or Covid on Facebook turn up nothing

tested this myself just now and got bupkis

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Sep 15, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Steve Yun posted:

(..)
tested this myself just now and got bupkis

Just like your friends!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
fb search will still show posts with the word coronavirus at least

tubamortis
Sep 10, 2005

Guy in front of me for shots is now semi-lucid, lying on the floor and getting fanned by the pharmacist. They must be giving MAX titers at this CVS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God