Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

insane clown pussy posted:

the weirdest thing is when they started putting bars in grocery stores. what kind of sicko wants to hang around in front of the produce section while people with poo poo to do are trying to get their errands done

people get plastered on those walking around beers, poo poo is wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1702672916842713496

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Relevant Tangent posted:

people get plastered on those walking around beers, poo poo is wild

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Inflation stopped! Ignore the fact that your grocery bill is still like 40% higher than it was 3 years ago; it stopped rising so you should be happy!

the best part it still hasent stopped rising in fact it just rose again faster than it was months ago

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

since your usage of food, energy, shelter, and transportation are essentially fixed and do not change with respect to inflation, those products are excluded from traditional inflation metrics

not joking

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

far back into the past... :corsair:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If we just get rid of the largest expenditure in most budgets, inflation is doing great!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my preferred inflation metric, which tracks a basket of goods consisting solely of a hot dog at the costco food court, says that inflation has been vanquished

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i just woke up and looked into my orb of the far past of checks notes 2022 and saw prices were very high i went to the store and saw that prices were extremely high and yelled "this is all media hype im hallucinating"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

i just woke up and looked into my orb of the far past of checks notes 2022 and saw prices were very high i went to the store and saw that prices were extremely high and yelled "this is all media hype im hallucinating"

this isn't inflation though so you should be very happy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

:guillotine:

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

nobel prize winning economists discover how to arrive at preferred conclusions using this one weird trick

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

But that's literally where all my money goes :confused:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when even cnn is raking you for corporate greed you hosed up lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I can't tell how much of the UAW support from the public is from people actually being fed up with Big Corpo or if this is just a unique instance since The American Autoworker is one of those blue collar folk heroes for older generations

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I would love to see Krugman eat poo poo on The Price Is Right.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

theCalamity posted:

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1702354962846560446

it’s just rent-seeking all the way down isn’t it?
Vae Victus! *adds additional surcharge to your bill*

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I can't tell how much of the UAW support from the public is from people actually being fed up with Big Corpo or if this is just a unique instance since The American Autoworker is one of those blue collar folk heroes for older generations

It's just the clear hypocrisy that they say there's tons of money for stock buybacks but not enough money for big worker pay increases.

I don't think this is because of Autoworker mythos, everybody has seen that cars cost a bajillion dollars now and sees the car dealers getting super fat and having their best years in history and assumes manufacturers are making money hand over first too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it’s the former

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Twerk from Home posted:

It's just the clear hypocrisy that they say there's tons of money for stock buybacks but not enough money for big worker pay increases.

I don't think this is because of Autoworker mythos, everybody has seen that cars cost a bajillion dollars now and sees the car dealers getting super fat and having their best years in history and assumes manufacturers are making money hand over first too.

T-mobile laid off 5k people after record profits, a $60B stock buyback and announcing dividends. Nothings gonna change.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

it helps if you look at this graph at a 45 degree angle

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2% of 20$ is 100% more than 2% of 10$

I think I’m bad with %s

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The American Autoworker in my lib family was perceived as an entitled lazy slob who wouldn’t let their poor bosses turn enough profit or invest in research and development enough to beat the Europeans or Japanese.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Glumwheels posted:

T-mobile laid off 5k people after record profits, a $60B stock buyback and announcing dividends. Nothings gonna change.

it's this

Microsoft made 18 billion dollars last year and announced wage freezes

nothing will change until we change it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Glumwheels posted:

the sprint acquisition was a colossally bad decision

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

She said her wage is based on company performance, so her wage is fair. Company performance is based on the worker's performance. Ergo, her wage is based on worker performance, which somehow means they deserve less of a raise than she makes?

:guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine::guillotine: :guillotine:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

once again i'm waiting for a recruiter update after what's now a third interview despite following up hours ago

absolutely incapable of giving a basic response. i'm so sick of interviewing. can't wait for a rejection

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it's this

Microsoft made 18 billion dollars last year and announced wage freezes

nothing will change until we change it

:guillotine:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Glumwheels posted:

whine whine whine

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Glumwheels posted:

Only 5k? Number sees room for growth!

Tunafish
Jun 13, 2003
King of all that is suck
Fun Shoe

Isn't that her saying that the line should be "You've seen a 34 percent pay increase in your salary." and the 34% is 90whatever percent due to "performance"? Then the 20% bump to workers plus the profit sharing would be comparable is what she's attempting to say.

I'm all for :guillotine: but the data nerd in me requires I :protarget:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This is exactly the sort of thing Newsom likes to veto to prove that he is "pragmatic"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vox Nihili posted:

This is exactly the sort of thing Newsom likes to veto to prove that he is "pragmatic"
The California voters demand their treats back, and finally a governor who listens to their constitutes :swoon:

he should run for president

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Tunafish posted:

Isn't that her saying that the line should be "You've seen a 34 percent pay increase in your salary." and the 34% is 90whatever percent due to "performance"? Then the 20% bump to workers plus the profit sharing would be comparable is what she's attempting to say.

I'm all for :guillotine: but the data nerd in me requires I :protarget:
Did you take the Kurt Angle into account?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Voters are looking at what things cost today and last month instead of referring to the Bidenomicon for projections of what they might cost two years from now.

In this way voters have become unmoored from the soon to be real Things Are Better Now timeline but we are hoping to get them moored in time for the election.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Voters are looking at what things cost today and last month instead of referring to the Bidenomicon for projections of what they might cost two years from now.

In this way voters have become unmoored from the soon to be real Things Are Better Now timeline but we are hoping to get them moored in time for the election.

Krugman also ignores the fact that many goods and services are purchased once a year, or even less frequently, so "voters" are confronted with the shock of inflation at all kinds of times. they aren't monitoring the cost of washing machines, MRI scans, and gutter cleaning 24/7

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the Ford CEO is insisting that if they implement what UAW wants, it will cost them 300k per employee and push them into bankruptcy

ok

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

skill issue

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I paid $3.03 for a pack of 5 gum at a gas station yesterday. I took 3 $1 bills from my car's center console thinking "ah I'll get rid of these by buying gum for my lovely mouth. Surely this is enough for gum." I was wrong!

Gum is the kind of thing I typically buy without thinking of the price so maybe I'm wrong but that seemed insane. gently caress you, Krugman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

actionjackson posted:

the Ford CEO is insisting that if they implement what UAW wants, it will cost them 300k per employee and push them into bankruptcy

ok

Oh no!
Anyway...