Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ayudo posted:

Penny was running through mud all preseason. I'm not sure what all his supporters were on about, but all those lower leg injuries had obviously impacted his play.

He was absolutely electric those first couple of years in Seattle, however little there was to see.

Ah yes Rashaad Penny's electric first couple years:

2018: 419 yards
2019: 370 yards
2020: 34 yards

He's had like one singular good 5 game stretch in his career and has been dogshit the entirety of the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He’s been injured for most of it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean he played in 27 games over those 3 years combined...

I'm just saying, "electric" is certainly not the word I'd use to describe the first few years of his career.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mcmagic posted:

Some guy in one of my leagues dropped Dionte Johnson after week 1 lol

He's hurt and expected to miss multiple weeks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol this almost got me

https://twitter.com/JaredKCTV5/status/1702736387210969591

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Sataere posted:

He's hurt and expected to miss multiple weeks

Still not a drop, except for maybe in a 8 team league.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A dude dropped Swift on Tuesday to chase Zay Jones and he's stuck on waivers till next Tuesday. It's going to be a bloodbath.
Some cool stuff in my league, a guy dropped Gainwell on Sunday morning right before he went off, and Gainwell was the #1 waiver add in our league this week. Meanwhile, someone also claimed Toney off waivers this week, dropping Swift right before he went off!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

How concerned is everyone about Kupp's injury? I might have a chance to trade a mid-tier WR like Terry McLaurin or Michael Pittman for him. It would probably only make a minor impact to my team if the injury will only be the next 4 weeks.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I wouldn’t want to invest in Kupp at this point. He might be fine, but it does remind me of when the wheels fell off for Doug Baldwin.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Penny won me a fantasy championship so he's good in my book

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I have a big stack of middling WRs and no real WR1. Diontae Johson, Michael Pittman, Terry McLaurin, Zay Flowers, Puka (RIP). You wouldn't take a swing with Terry for Kupp or something?

I have CMC, Josh Jacobs, and Breece Hall at RB. If I got an elite WR it puts me in real contention to win the league.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would absolutely buy low on Kupp right down. The Rams look better than anyone expected and it’s Kupp. The guy is unreal. What’s the point of fantasy football if you’re not chasing the exciting upside of it all?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Someone dropped Diontae in my league too, i'm hoping no one else notices or cares and i can get him tomorrow.

Who would you drop for him out of these 3? Skyy Moore, Juju, Rashod Bateman. .5 PPR

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 15, 2023

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

VietCampo posted:

Someone dropped Diontae in my league too, i'm hoping no one else notices or cares and i can get him tomorrow.

Who would you drop for him out of these 3? Skyy Moore, Juju, Rashod Bateman. .5 PPR

Any of those three is probably worth a drop, but Juju has the bleakest prospects by far.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I'd prolly drop JuJu there

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Need to drop one:

Roster: Herbert, K. Allen, DHop, McCaffrey, K. Walker, C. Watson

Bench:
Dillon
Jamaal Williams
Zay Flowers
JSN
Pickens
Roschon Johnson

Who should I drop to grab Moody the kicker?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Are you able to wait and see if Watson gets ruled out and you can IR him to pick up a kicker?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It seems pretty unlikely he'll play considering he just returned to practice today, as a limited participant. Like, Fridays are for walk-throughs. Limited on a walk-through seems like yyyyyeah he's not playing

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I could but Moody got dropped early this week and hes on waiver until Sat. Someone could snatch him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
He's a kicker, throw a dart at another one and save your waiver?

Please don't use your waiver position on a kicker.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

QB hoarder has now offered me Burrow and Bigsby for my Anthony Richardson and Breece Hall lol

Just stop, please

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Went up against swift and hock this week. Good thing I had JJ to get some points to even it out a bit, they started penny in the flex so I still have a chance this week if ATL run game strong and Dallas defense gets me some points again.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Suuuuuuper glad I grabbed kelly

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

VietCampo posted:

He's a kicker, throw a dart at another one and save your waiver?

Please don't use your waiver position on a kicker.

Our waivers are based on our standings each week so it doesnt matter.

Ill just wait and see. I really dont want to drop anyone this early in the season.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

dkj posted:

I wouldn’t want to invest in Kupp at this point. He might be fine, but it does remind me of when the wheels fell off for Doug Baldwin.
Oh my. A rare Doug Baldwin mention. He’s probably reading this and is very happy to see himself get recognized as once existing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

Still not a drop, except for maybe in a 8 team league.

He wasn't even on my radar to draft. He's a floor guy with limited ceiling imo. Not a believer in Pickett and the routes Diontae does well are the ones Pickett is the worst at. It is fine to cut him. I hope I'm wrong because I love Diontae.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I dropped Dionte after he got hurt and yahoo currently has him like the 11th best WR available right now in my league. I’m not too worried about him being available to pick back up. Maybe I made a huge mistake, but he was riding my bench anyway.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bird in a Blender posted:

I dropped Dionte after he got hurt and yahoo currently has him like the 11th best WR available right now in my league. I’m not too worried about him being available to pick back up. Maybe I made a huge mistake, but he was riding my bench anyway.

I’m keeping him. Ive drafted him three years in a row

This is going to be his year! That’s what they say at least

Maybe the Steelers offense won’t be dogshit its gonna be dogshit

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

T-Square posted:

QB hoarder has now offered me Burrow and Bigsby for my Anthony Richardson and Breece Hall lol

Just stop, please

This is when you start spamming him with kicker for his RB1 on a daily basis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Cat Hassler posted:

I’m keeping him. Ive drafted him three years in a row

This is going to be his year! That’s what they say at least

Maybe the Steelers offense won’t be dogshit its gonna be dogshit

I heard so much hype about Pickett stepping up his game this year, I've got him as insurance for when Tua's brain is inevitably rattled. But I'm about to drop him because I figure in that event, anyone on the waiver wire will do better.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
It’s been just one week guys, chill and let’s wait for a better sample size.

Speaking of which, just added Toney to my bench after his owner spite-dropped him. Here’s to second chances and redemption!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1703118029775601994?s=46

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Amari Cooper is a late add to the injury report, with a groin injury. It's a Monday game too.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've gotten really, really lucky with my injuries and roster swaps. I feel like it's the only thing really keeping me going, but I also expect my luck to run out eventually. I sat Mattison this week and Amari.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Any deeper indications on Aaron Jones or Mandrews? Gonna be hiking and probably won't be near signal 90 mins before kickoff. Guessing Jones is out and Andrews is in, but I'm bad at deciphering signals from teams.

Love to start Jerome Ford week 2.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm looking for Mandrews news like a hawk otherwise I have to start Durham Smythe.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Poque posted:

Any deeper indications on Aaron Jones or Mandrews? Gonna be hiking and probably won't be near signal 90 mins before kickoff. Guessing Jones is out and Andrews is in, but I'm bad at deciphering signals from teams.

Jones didn't practice all week he's likely out. Andrews I think had limited practices so is more likely to be in.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShowTime posted:

I've gotten really, really lucky with my injuries

Well now you’ve done it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poque posted:

Can you send something to your commish about a conditional setup? Sucks having to orient your life around fantasy injury news.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
It would be really simple for sites to implement an autoswap feature for inactive players that you can activate in advance, shame that interfaces haven’t improved in 10 years.