Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Loonytoad Quack posted:

The MSM are coming for him because he got too close to the truth. Plus also he did lots of sex things in the past but they were definitely all fine and not illegal.

Ah the usual then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i watched ten seconds of the russel brand video and looks like hes hosed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

I am absolutely not watching that, anyone got a summary

https://youtu.be/uwWUb5hyFmQ?si=na0IXMk9-LdYkWKb

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

killerwhat posted:

My first boyfriend proudly told me that his favourite jeans had a big (deliberate?) hole in the pocket, so he could secretly touch himself all the time

Even as a fairly frisky teenager I cannot imagine feeling the need to have a tug in public.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:hmmyes:

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

It can't just be Brand, it's barely a story that he's a sex pest.

Dispatches posted:

He was constantly playing with his penis from the outside of his jeans. His hand was constantly rubbing his crotch area. Over time he faded the crotch of every pair of jeans white.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Well at a minimum Russell Brand is involved in the Dispatches thing as he's just put a video out on it on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr_PVUHn2I

having an edit in the middle of the word "consensual" is....a choice

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Julio Cruz posted:

having an edit in the middle of the word "consensual" is....a choice

it's like we're living in the worst loving simpsons episode ever made, and that's a tough category these days

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
if you turn off the sound on that video it's like watching the world's shittest mime

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
that's also a tough category imo

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/b/livingstone-bromley-offered-settlement-ehrc-anti-semitism-allegations

quote:

Livingstone and Bromley offered settlement after challenging EHRC over antisemitism allegations

FORMER London mayor Ken Livingstone and ex-Labour councillor Pam Bromley accepted a settlement offer today from the Equality & Human Rights Commission (EHRC).

In its report into anti-semitism in the Labour Party in October 2020, the EHRC singled out Mr Livingstone and Ms Bromley for allegedly having “contributed” to “unlawful harassment related to Jewish race and religion.”

etc

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I never realised Russell Brand was a comedian.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, 'Treatment is simple. Great clown Russell Brand is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.' Man bursts into tears. Says, 'But doctor…I am Russell Brand.'

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Loonytoad Quack posted:

The MSM are coming for him because he got too close to the truth.

i was wondering what "the truth" was and then i took a look at the thumbnails of his most recent youtube videos which seems to be uh

gone down a bit of a rabbit hole has mr. brand

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Well at a minimum Russell Brand is involved in the Dispatches thing as he's just put a video out on it on his YouTube channel.

This is the first time I've actually seen him speak in a very long time and... uh...

He just jumped right on that grift train then I guess.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

Katheryn Ryan accused an unnamed pannelist on some poo poo quiz of being a rapist but wouldn't name them due to threat of legal action. The potential suspects were Brand, Walliams, Carr, and Noel Fielding. All of whom seem like dangers.

Russel Brand always struck me as being deeply sleepy. Like he seemed like the kind of person who would cheat on his mistress while cheating on his girlfriend.
By which I mean he would be having sex with his mistress, then excuse himself mid-sex to sneak into the bathroom to have sex with another woman.
So I can well believe he was in full sex-pest territory.

Edit: Having watched that video he has gone full "Scamdemic." Holy poo poo, not only has he gone full tinfoil hat, he stops mid video to talk about how he didn't kill himself. I think you doing a video on YouTube is plenty proof that you didn't kill yourself at some point.

Now Jimmy Carr, he just reminds me of the Terminator. One of the early ones with a fake looking skin that the Resistance were able to spot quite easily. Well them and the Taxman.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 16, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

i was wondering what "the truth" was and then i took a look at the thumbnails of his most recent youtube videos which seems to be uh

gone down a bit of a rabbit hole has mr. brand
He can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and he absolutely will not stop… EVER, until he's sure you are the exact same kind of lizard beluga crank as he, and then sure go on have a pint with us!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I didn’t read the thread for a few days and then I read about Camrath and now I’m feeling sad :( RIP to a good goon.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Hes got the dead bug eyed look of Jordan Peterson.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

That video is the exact level of vague denial that screams "I know they've got me, I just don't know how dead to rights they've got me".

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Apologies for the delayed reply, I've been away for the week in the middle of nowhere with quite patchy internet so catching up on the news and... gently caress. RIP Camrath. You will be sorely missed. :(

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

smellmycheese posted:

So apparently the mega story that Channel 4 and The Times are going to drop tomorrow is basically Nonceaggeddon for the comedy industry

john oliver has been sex pesting adam driver for years. disgusting

e: wow i thought this was the cspam trump thread lol. how did i end up here

e2: drat rest in power camrath

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 16, 2023

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I've been turbo focused on work all week due to my project closing out and was only half paying attention to the thread due to the dangerous dogs argument redux for the fifteen thousandth time. RIP Camrath. He would have found it very loving funny that he absolutely ended that derail instantly.

He made the best fudge and was a quality poster and a good egg all round and I shall miss him greatly. I had a good cry when I found out and hugged my cats and ate a whole pack of his fudge and sat in the garden with a beer for a bit and looked at my chilli plants and thought about seeds.

It wasn't even that long ago I was chatting to him about trying to get some diabetic friendly options but the textures from alt sugars just weren't up to his standards and he wouldn't let anything that wasn't absolutely perfect go out.

Never to be :( goddamn what a week.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

I am absolutely not watching that, anyone got a summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B_Evl1fiLA

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

crispix posted:

hard on huw

What he called himself.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The Question IRL posted:

Edit: Having watched that video he has gone full "Scamdemic." Holy poo poo, not only has he gone full tinfoil hat, he stops mid video to talk about how he didn't kill himself. I think you doing a video on YouTube is plenty proof that you didn't kill yourself at some point.

I don’t understand how the idiots who support these lunatic conspiracy theorists explain away the fact that their rabid public figures aren’t dead. If they are really so powerfully exposing the secret cabal that controls everything, how come the secret cabal has left them alive to expose them?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Scientastic posted:

I don’t understand how the idiots who support these lunatic conspiracy theorists explain away the fact that their rabid public figures aren’t dead. If they are really so powerfully exposing the secret cabal that controls everything, how come the secret cabal has left them alive to expose them?

Conspiracy theorists, much like fascists, are great at holding two conflicting ideas in their head.

The all-powerful they are everywhere and all powerful but worried about being exposed.
They have infiltrated every level of power but this next act is all they need to take over.

Lots of stuff like that, since it's easier to cling to a "this all fits together" lie than accepting a messier truth.

It also is what Brand is doing in his denial.
"These events never happened, and I have witnesses to who support this. But also, anything that did happen was consensual, and if women are now saying it wasn't consensual, it's because the Powers-That-Be have gotten to them and made them lie."

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 16, 2023

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1702774311881207820

You can almost hear the discordant low drone of despair
"And then, something very strange happened."

*focus shifts to foreground*

fuctifino posted:

Now Jimmy Carr, he just reminds me of the Terminator. One of the early ones with a fake looking skin that the Resistance were able to spot quite easily. Well them and the Taxman.
I think it's lovely that Rachel Riley talks so confidently about who Corbyn shares stages with while sharing a stage with Jimmy Carr. Just lovely. This grin is a happy grin and I'm not grinding my teeth into a fine powder at all.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Noel Fielding is apparently also being named so it's a bad week for yer Goth girl teenage crushes.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Noel Fielding is apparently also being named so it's a bad week for yer Goth girl teenage crushes.

Goth girl teenage crushes in shagging teenage goth girls shocker

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Time for one last watch of The Mighty Boosh before it’s cancelled by the wokes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sky are halfway through a season of their really poo poo Never Mind The Buzzcocks revival, I wonder if that goes into the bin

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Isn't Fielding still on GBBO? That's due to air soon and I'm going to be so conflicted

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Gonzo McFee posted:

They have already filmed this year's British bake off I'd have thought.

Feel a little sorry for Alison Hammond if it ends up not airing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Bake off off

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thanks Ants posted:

Sky are halfway through a season of their really poo poo Never Mind The Buzzcocks revival, I wonder if that goes into the bin

Hey that's one of the few bits of non-scripted TV I actually still watch :(

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Solefald posted:

Isn't Fielding still on GBBO? That's due to air soon and I'm going to be so conflicted

Yes. This makes me wonder if he is included as I can’t see the head of channel 4 letting one of his news shows detonate the biggest show on the channel the week before the new series

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

smellmycheese posted:

Yes. This makes me wonder if he is included as I can’t see the head of channel 4 letting one of his news shows detonate the biggest show on the channel the week before the new series

It's already been filmed so if there are pretty damning allegations (that were possibly already common knowledge among the business?) then they would have pulled him from the show. I've got a gut feeling it isn't him.

Legit would feel sorry if it is him and Alison Hammond has had to work along side another sex pest :ohdear:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean he was dating Pixie Geldof when she was 16 and he was 33 so regardless of if he's in the documentary or not he probably should be.

Wild that up until like ten years ago this poo poo would just be a bit of tabloid gossip and not ruin your career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean he was dating Pixie Geldof when she was 16 and he was 33 so regardless of if he's in the documentary or not he probably should be.

Always detested Fielding, didn't know this though, my word