Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Almost TOO consensual

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titty_baby_ posted:

I used to work in the westlands irrigation district in the south central valley of California. Theres water that goes (mostly to nuts, but some cattle) farms down there thats allocated from a big canal that runs along I5. A portion of that water comes from the trinity River, the biggest tributary of the Klamath River, which is itself the 2nd largest river in California and flows from Oregon and empties near the state border (near where i now live).

Half the water from the trinity River is pumped over mountains into the Sacramento River, pumped under the delta, and moved down the aqueduct along I5. Its among the largest irrigation projects in the world.

The trinity/Klamath have had collapsed salmon fisheries for decades now so some foreign owned nut farms and cattle interests in a desert can make $$$. The Klamath also has a lot of diversions in Oregon and norcal for high desert ranchers

didnt they make a whole movie about this?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Attorney General Ken Paxton acquitted on all 16 counts

lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Jared Lemon Kush #2 ner

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Lpzie posted:

shut up ham cheeks. ur my enemy now

🖕

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Lpzie posted:

only brand I want to read about is Trump

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Plinkey posted:

didnt they make a whole movie about this?

You.might be thinking of Cadillac desert, which is how tje water barons in LA got water rights to the Owen's River east of the Sierras and pumped that over the transverse mountains to Los angeles

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ManOfTheLibrary/status/1703116248232640642

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Lpzie posted:

shut up ham cheeks. ur my enemy now

sad!!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titty_baby_ posted:

You.might be thinking of Cadillac desert, which is how tje water barons in LA got water rights to the Owen's River east of the Sierras and pumped that over the transverse mountains to Los angeles

no, it was a joke about Chinatown

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Extremely disappointed in Devendra Banhart

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Plinkey posted:

no, it was a joke about Chinatown

China town is based on the same thing Cadillac desert is lol

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

In short, the great state of California is very large and has a lot of hosed up water diversions everywhere along its length

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titty_baby_ posted:

yeah, i just looked it up again, since it's been a while since i read up on it

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2GEq3I50wU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

titty_baby_ posted:

In short, the great state of California is very large and has a lot of hosed up water diversions everywhere along its length

what's the big deal anyway just go get some water from a lake

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

got extremely drunk and depressed last night and ruined a relationship. tumrp

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wow. Slutshaming Trump for getting his big naturals felt up at the theatre. Has the left no moral compass?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titty_baby_ posted:

my uncle made me watch that movie like 5ish years ago because he said it was one of his favorite movies, and i thought it was awful

then i googled it and it was Polanski

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDkqz5C62SM

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/MartynMcL/status/1702931029055406562

Scotsman posted:

Dirty chopping boards and appliances, food handlers failing to wash their hands properly, and sausage meat found to be nearly three months out of date. Even for a run-of-the-mill café, they are the kind of issues that would raise eyebrows. But when the premises in question are owned by a former US president, and marketed as one of the world’s leading hotels, the findings are even more eye-catching.

The Scotsman can reveal Donald Trump’s inaugural property in Scotland has been told to make a raft of improvements by environmental health officials after an array of cleanliness and food safety issues saw the high-end hotel and golf resort fail to achieve a pass grade under a national food hygiene scheme.

Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeenshire, which was hailed only this year by Mr Trump ahead of his visit to Scotland as “among the greatest in the world”, was adjudged to have failed to meet its legal requirements under the scheme. Inspectors from the local authority identified a build up of dirt and debris in various areas of the kitchen, including beneath fryers, a fridge, and a shelving unit beside an oven.

When food handlers were washing their hands, the officials noticed, they ended up contaminating them instead of cleaning them, having used their hands to turn off a tap instead of a paper towel. Elsewhere, a freezer unit was found to be broken, with the door seal on a fridge damaged, and surfaces “not being effectively sanitised”.

In the wake of the inspection, a senior environmental health officer at the local authority told management at Mr Trump’s resort it was “disappointing” to note the cleaning issues, and indicated that its “very generic” food management system required to be reviewed. The officer said that during discussions with the head chef, “it was evident that the system had not been read”.

The problems led to the property, which promotes its “gourmet cuisine” as “the best that Scotland has to offer”, being served with an ‘improvement required’ notice under Scotland’s food hygiene information scheme. The initiative was launched by Food Standards Scotland (FSSS) to allow consumers to ensure the food they are eating has been prepared to legal standards.

While the notice is on an online database maintained by FSS, no detail is provided. But following a Freedom of Information request, The Scotsman obtained reports and correspondence detailing why the property failed to achieve a pass. Mr Trump’s hotel was first served with an ‘improvement notice’ following an official inspection in March last year. Aberdeenshire Council confirmed to The Scotsman this week that its status remains unchanged.

The inspection, known as an official control intervention, should not have come as a surprise to management at the resort. The environmental health officer pointed out that it was an announced visit, and the kitchen had been closed for two days beforehand. That, their letter suggested, should have given staff an opportunity to “clean beforehand”.

Instead, the inspector found an array of dirty equipment, including a chopping board, a raw meat vacuum packer, and lids that had fallen on the floor. Other chopping boards used by kitchen staff were “badly scored” and could no longer be effectively cleaned.

When the official opened one freezer, they found sausage meat labelled ‘keep refrigerated’. The meat had a use-by-date some 83 days before the inspection. The date coding of stock differed between the written system and what happened in the kitchen, with the official noting: “The system stated that a five-day shelf life should be given to vacuum packed items. However, food handlers were giving the items a ten-day shelf life.”

Some freezers in the kitchen were being recorded at -17C, when the critical limit was -18C or below, with fridges recorded at 5.5C when the critical limit was between 0 to 5C. “The records,” the inspection also noted, “were being signed off before they were completed.”

Environmental health officers also issued the firm with an 11-strong schedule of compliance requirements. It specified dirty floors and equipment should be cleaned, as well as a review of its food safety management system. It also said staff must check stock daily and dispose of any out-of-date food. 

Marketing materials for Mr Trump’s resort talk of “exquisite dining” for every occasion, with catering available for weddings and corporate away days. Its signature restaurant, The Dunes, promises diners a selection of “stylish modern classics” and “firm favourites” served with “a Trump twist”. Offerings on the current menus include a £30 ‘Trump maple-glazed pork chop’.

The Trump Organisation’s website states it has a “long-standing commitment to providing impeccably clean properties, with a focus on ensuring the health and safety of our associates, guests and residents”. But its Aberdeenshire bolthole is not the first of its businesses to fall foul of inspectors.

During Mr Trump’s time in office, his Mar-a-Lago country club in Florida was cited for several food safety violations, including potentially dangerous raw fish, and a lack of hot water at sinks which left staff unable to sanitise their hands. In New York, inspectors also found evidence of vermin at a restaurant in his flagship Trump Tower property.

The Scotsman asked the Trump Organisation if it had acted on the improvements specified by inspectors, and whether Mr Trump was aware his property had failed to pass the food hygiene inspection before declaring it one of the world’s greatest hotels. The company did not respond.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Plinkey posted:

my uncle made me watch that movie like 5ish years ago because he said it was one of his favorite movies, and i thought it was awful

then i googled it and it was Polanski

it's a good movie dawg

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

titty_baby_ posted:

most hosed up: the yorba linda water district

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

SomethingBeautiful posted:

what's the big deal anyway just go get some water from a lake

They are! And have been

Theyve even accidentally created new, hosed up lakes (salton sea)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DoombatINC posted:

most hosed up: the yorba linda water district

Idk man westlands has a special place in my heart

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

it's a good movie dawg

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

he was very unfunny on norm. knew something was up

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

forget it jake, its cumtown

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
penn state up by 16, i think i can smoke some weed now and eat my chipps

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol at russel brand

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

he was very unfunny on norm. knew something was up

you actually listen to those lovely podcasts?

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

*extremely british russel brand voice* oy mate i raped some gurls

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Plinkey posted:

she found the one beam of sunlight in the room

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh gently caress, i have an idea, it might be bad or amazing, i'll update the thread later

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

we love our pickle, dont we folks?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Plinkey posted:

you actually listen to those lovely podcasts?

mostly I watch the clips on youtube but I have gone back and watched full ones. handing guests cards with bad jokes on them is a great bit. the Steven merchant one is very good.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gus johnson is drunk

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

titty_baby_ posted:

Idk man westlands has a special place in my heart

we stan a king (1935-2016)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU