Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:stare:

Deadbeat at Dawn goes hard. I know that's it's reputation, but goddamn that last half an hour was nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

John Carpenter's new thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cRV4_Qgew

They call it "unscripted" but it seems like what they mean is that it's using the cinematic language of truecrime documentaries to tell supernatural stories. Fun idea! Hopefully Carpenter isn't just cashing a check and had some real creative involvement.

My man, the phrase "John Carpenter's new thing" made my heart skip a beat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Is this the one he directed over Zoom from his couch?

Yes

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
LMAO at Carpenter at home blazing 24/7 and checking in with directing a movie in between playing FPS

Total loving real one

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

Deadbeat at Dawn goes hard. I know that's it's reputation, but goddamn that last half an hour was nuts.

Hell yeah. Makes me sad we never got Day of the Deadbeat

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Friend told me to check out Final Girls. I watched Final Girl by accident and that was bad. Should I go and find Final Girls? What's your thoughts horror thread

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Medullah posted:

Friend told me to check out Final Girls. I watched Final Girl by accident and that was bad. Should I go and find Final Girls? What's your thoughts horror thread

Final Girls is real good and worth seeking out.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Final Girls is one of my favorite movies. It's charming, pleasant, and deeply poignant and has one of my favorite needle drops ever. It's fun because it's not really a comedy despite the spoof/tribute elements.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Medullah posted:

A thousand times yes. Post above nails it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks all. It was recommended by someone with questionable tastes so I wanted to get a second opinion. :)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely insane filmmaking. It really is a must-watch.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Elevator Game (2023) has about four minutes of interesting content. Tragically, the movie is 1:34 long, so the other hour and a half is just tedious, unlikeable teenagers whining at each other and wandering around. My expectations were less than zero and yet I'm still disappointed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Elevator Game (2023) has about four minutes of interesting content. Tragically, the movie is 1:34 long, so the other hour and a half is just tedious, unlikeable teenagers whining at each other and wandering around. My expectations were less than zero and yet I'm still disappointed.

I read the description of that movie and could have sworn I've seen it, then I realized no, it was just the show Evil used the elevator game as a plot device one episode, and that episode is likely better than the movie.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Medullah posted:

I read the description of that movie and could have sworn I've seen it, then I realized no, it was just the show Evil used the elevator game as a plot device one episode, and that episode is likely better than the movie.

I can absolutely confirm. I spent the whole movie thinking, 'Huh, Evil did this better in half the time', which is a pretty bad sign.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hah the irony, one of the guys in The Final Girls was also in Final Girl

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Elevator Game episode of EVIL rules for also throwing in Teke Teke and making it work, that show really is after my heart.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Evil is an incredibly good show

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bloody Muscle Body Builder in Hell was a delight. Just a fun no budget flick, and a love letter to Evil Dead to boot

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Talk to me was fantastic, I should have seen it in the cinema. Absolutely recommend people do that if it’s still showing anywhere.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Talk to me was fantastic, I should have seen it in the cinema. Absolutely recommend people do that if it’s still showing anywhere.

The French montage was absolutely insane with good theatrical sound.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

The French montage was absolutely insane with good theatrical sound.

:agreed:, very glad I got to see this in theaters. I double featured it with Demeter that night and it was the best

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Concept Art for my upcoming short film

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Sick-rear end poster arrived today:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Predator 2 is horror adjacent and is more a scifi action film than horror film that the first was so I don't feel like I'm breaking my fast.

So hungry for horror though

so hungry.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Got this today

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Sick-rear end poster arrived today:

Pretty slick line-up, the ROTLD dead one in particular is so so good.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Not sure who the slowest movie monsters are but Snoop Dogg in Bones is up there and it's perfectly appropriate. He's just a chill murderous spirit of the dead, no need to rush. Maybe he could race The Blob.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's a thread crime to post posters but not include where to get them. Those are all great.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Also tried watching Be My Cat: A Film for Anne the fake sorta Bjork stalker style manifesto for Anne Hathaway but it was just a shittier version of Creep and Man Bites Dog (the latter of which I hate since I'm not 17 anymore anyway). It had potential as it's creative enough a meta premise for found footage (really wonder if Anne Hathaway has seen this poo poo) but at the end of the day it boiled down to more horror that's just "torture killing women" so I had to just turn it off. No thanks.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

It's a thread crime to post posters but not include where to get them. Those are all great.

The ROTLD poster is Moon Island Arts; the two on either side are Tyler Stout ones. I'm pretty sure all are sold out through official channels, but I know you can get the Halloween print for roughly ~$100 on eBay on the right day.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I did manage to catch Poison for the Fairies in theaters at least. I like the Peanuts style angles for the adults.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I get all my posters for like 15 on Ebay. They're not top quality or anything.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

If you are a normal person, I would beg you to please not fall down the rabbit hole of collecting alternative art print posters of movies, it only leads to madness or ruin.

Ask me about the four and a half years I spent tracking down a series of Twilight Zone prints, just kidding, I'm pretty sure I've posted about it in the thread before.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Next poster is going to be Blair Witch Project.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I thought about getting some posters, then I saw how expensive the loving frames are.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Hell House LLC. III definitely has some problems. However, horror fans should make every effort to visit the interactive theater in New York City the plot is based on, The McKittrick Hotel:

https://mckittrickhotel.com/events/sleep-no-more/#/

Sleep No More is Macbeth performed in real time inside a prohibition-era haunted house that spans two floors of an old warehouse. It's absolutely amazing and the scope is huge. You can freely explore a creepy antique dentist office, apothecary, hospital. Guests wear Venetian masks and aren't allowed to speak. As you witness the events of the play, it's as if the characters are surrounded by voyeuristic ghosts, and you're one of them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Concept Art for my upcoming short film

Why did I see the dude on the right and immediately think, “Willem Defoe would rock that.”

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Hell House LLC. III definitely has some problems. However, horror fans should make every effort to visit the interactive theater in New York City the plot is based on, The McKittrick Hotel:

https://mckittrickhotel.com/events/sleep-no-more/#/

Sleep No More is Macbeth performed in real time inside a prohibition-era haunted house that spans two floors of an old warehouse. It's absolutely amazing and the scope is huge. You can freely explore a creepy antique dentist office, apothecary, hospital. Guests wear Venetian masks and aren't allowed to speak. As you witness the events of the play, it's as if the characters are surrounded by voyeuristic ghosts, and you're one of them.

Okay finding out Hell House 3 cribs from Sleep No More is the first thing that’s made me want to see it

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Getting antsy to fill my yard with halloween stuff but I'm trying to be a good neighbor wait until October starts. I just keep buying more skeletons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Deadite posted:

Getting antsy to fill my yard with halloween stuff but I'm trying to be a good neighbor wait until October starts. I just keep buying more skeletons.

How many you up to?