Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Poque posted:

Any deeper indications on Aaron Jones or Mandrews? Gonna be hiking and probably won't be near signal 90 mins before kickoff. Guessing Jones is out and Andrews is in, but I'm bad at deciphering signals from teams.

Love to start Jerome Ford week 2.

Midnight Schefter tweets say Watson and Jones won't play.

Andrews likely will, they probably just held him out last week because they know Houston was/is rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I believe MAndrews practiced in full on Friday, which is a good sign.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diqnol posted:

Suuuuuuper glad I grabbed kelly

I went 37% of FAAB and lost to 40%.

I have Ekeler!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freezer posted:

It would be really simple for sites to implement an autoswap feature for inactive players that you can activate in advance, shame that interfaces haven’t improved in 10 years.

I am irritated that this is not implemented.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Am I nuts for not wanting to start Andrews if he plays? I'm already projected to lose by a lot this week, Andrews might not have a full game in him.

I kinda want to cheat and leave Andrews in IR, avoid the hassle of figuring out who to drop, and just see what happens with Sam LaPorta.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yes, you're nuts. It's week 2.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah I'm playing Andrews over LaPorta.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
That's fair, I'm over tinkering. I'm just trying to justify holding that IR spot because I don't want to drop anyone to activate Andrews (especially since I'm going to just turn around and put Cooks right into the same IR spot this afternoon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Am I crazy for wanting to start Treylon Burks with no Hopkins against the #32 pass defense over Chris Olave against the #1 pass defense?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Vargo posted:

Am I nuts for not wanting to start Andrews if he plays? I'm already projected to lose by a lot this week, Andrews might not have a full game in him.

I kinda want to cheat and leave Andrews in IR, avoid the hassle of figuring out who to drop, and just see what happens with Sam LaPorta.

Playing Andrews is exactly the type of high-risk high-reward move you should be doing if you are projected to lose.

alternate take: Assume the coach's words are doing that silly coach metagame, where they try to keep their plans hidden from their opponent until the last possible moment, as in making Cincy prepare a double game plan for if Andrews plays or sits.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

Am I crazy for wanting to start Treylon Burks with no Hopkins against the #32 pass defense over Chris Olave against the #1 pass defense?

counterpoint: Tannehill

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

kiimo posted:

Don't think you can put very much stock in defensive rankings after 1 game. I wouldn't start Burks until he actually has a good game, personally.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah if I sit Burks and he has a good game I won't feel bad. But if I sit Olave and he goes off again I'm going to feel like a galaxy brain moron. Thanks, starting Olave.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Report that D'Onta Foreman will be a healthy scratch. The rookie Bear's RB Roschon Johnson is probably worth a pickup if he's still available.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

axelord posted:

Report that D'Onta Foreman will be a healthy scratch. The rookie Bear's RB Roschon Johnson is probably worth a pickup if he's still available.
I'd be surprised if he was available but yes he is definitely worth rostering. I'm starting him in a flex spot in the goon 20 team league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to say even in my worst league full of idiots Roschon is rostered

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I'm wondering if this makes Herbert startable over Rachaad White (replacing Aaron Jones).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

I was going to say even in my worst league full of idiots Roschon is rostered

I'm the idiot / smart guy who drafted a Khalil / Roschon combo

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Looks like Hopkins is playing.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MAndrews officially active as well :toot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I went 37% of FAAB and lost to 40%.

I have Ekeler!

Same tho I managed him for 16% because my league is super conservative on bids

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Should I pick up Zay Jones on waivers?

Currently have mike Williams and jahan Dotson as my wr on bench, also have Damon pierce as my 5th running back behind Pollard, bijan, allgeier, Rachaad white.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Should I trade Mattison for Jeudy in PPR?

Feels like yes but all the ROS rankings tell me I'm wrong. I assume they haven't corrected for Jeudy actually being healthy now though.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should I trade Mattison for Jeudy in PPR?

Feels like yes but all the ROS rankings tell me I'm wrong. I assume they haven't corrected for Jeudy actually being healthy now though.

I think if I had the opportunity to trade for a bright spot in a Payton offense in exchange for a mediocre-to-bad RB in what looks like a pass-heavy offense I’d do it in a heartbeat

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Should I pick up Zay Jones on waivers?

Currently have mike Williams and jahan Dotson as my wr on bench, also have Damon pierce as my 5th running back behind Pollard, bijan, allgeier, Rachaad white.
4 of the Texans's 5 starting OL are out today (3 are on IR) and Zay Jones was the #2 WR in Jax last week. Could have been game script but he should get a fair share of targets either way, and his value will skyrocket if there is an injury to CKirk or Ridley. If it were me I would drop Dameon for Zay.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I think if I had the opportunity to trade for a bright spot in a Payton offense in exchange for a mediocre-to-bad RB in what looks like a pass-heavy offense I’d do it in a heartbeat

Thanks, that's what I was feeling too. I knew Mattison had bad matchups but he looked straight bad on Thursday. I wanted off that ride and was high on Jeudy and missed getting him by 1 pick in the draft.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Lol Cam Akers inactive

Kyren szn

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Richardson dead?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mean, he's out of the game due to concussion concerns, but he was having an incredible game.

I'm gonna have an amazing trade week I think. I wanna go for someone big.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Floofy posted:

Is Richardson dead?

Rejoice! It's Minshew Mania time!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
My team has killed 2 qbs in 2 weeks. Who from the ww would you all like to see die next week?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Nico Collins blowing up on my bench

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ferroque posted:

Nico Collins blowing up on my bench

:same: :(

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Jayden Reed looks awesome. Just picked him up, gonna feel silly having him rostered along with Watson.

Dillon is an immediate drop.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Jayden Reed and Collins blowing up on my bench very nicely. Along with Swift. Yet again, all of my decisions were wrong.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm a little nervous. Drake London had an incredible game, but I don't see how I run him over Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb and Brandon Aiyuk. I guess we'll see.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think you can start Hopkins going forward.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Fields is good again (wolf howl)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm currently getting my poo poo pushed in by my opponent and the rest of the league, but i've also only had my QB, #2 RB and my TE run. So i'm getting nervous but I think I come out out on top. I need my WR and my Dallas D/ST to perform though.

Edit: I knew Allgeier was running second to Bijan, who is amazing, but I don't have great RB's. It's something I wanna fix this week with my great bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My tactic going forward is to grab whatever D is facing the Bears that week. 17 points from Tampa today. Helps soothe the pain of being a bears fan.