Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lazy_Liberal posted:

yeah propagation made my qinqque a golden god

Yeah, there's a lot of videos out there of Qingque dropping two million damage crits on the D5 final boss and every single one of them makes me grin like an idiot.

I wish mine was higher than E1. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

yeah i would raise qq if I had her at higher eidolons

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Erg posted:

I get the sense anything that requires a whole new skeleton for modeling like that isn’t happening

But maybe one day we’ll get a cat, or a guy who’s not a twink

It's much more likely than it is in Genshin, at least, since they don't need to worry about climbing/swimming/etc animations. We already have slightly more variety in that characters aren't locked into one of exactly three heights.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Clarste posted:

It's much more likely than it is in Genshin, at least, since they don't need to worry about climbing/swimming/etc animations. We already have slightly more variety in that characters aren't locked into one of exactly three heights.

That part's been nice. I like that FemmeBlazer is noticeably taller than most of the other women in the cast so far, as an example

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you also get things like fu xuan being noticeably very short without using the kid model like hook does

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Endorph posted:

you also get things like fu xuan being noticeably very short without using the kid model like hook does

Isn't that just the Pela, Qingque and Lynx model?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have her at e2, but she’s only 60 and no traces since I shifted to trying to focus on a core team at a time. :melter: This game does not have nearly enough materials and exp.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruby Prism posted:

Isn't that just the Pela, Qingque and Lynx model?
they all share a similar height but there's some minor variation. and again, just that height existing is a noticeable difference from genshin, which only has himeko/march/hook equivalent body types.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

IIRC in Genshin there is some minor variation in heights between same model frame characters, like Xiao is shorter than other young male characters (experimentally proven by having them stand in the same water depth - Xiao ends up having to swim where other boys can stand) but it's nowhere as noticeable as in here.

Also, I've been playing this for a week or so, lucked into rolling Welt and Dragon Dan. Welt already hits like a truck, what does Dragon Dan have on him?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Traveller posted:

IIRC in Genshin there is some minor variation in heights between same model frame characters, like Xiao is shorter than other young male characters (experimentally proven by having them stand in the same water depth - Xiao ends up having to swim where other boys can stand) but it's nowhere as noticeable as in here.

Also, I've been playing this for a week or so, lucked into rolling Welt and Dragon Dan. Welt already hits like a truck, what does Dragon Dan have on him?

Dragon Dan hits like a flaming truck full of explosives, except he's less like a truck and more like a train because the pain just never stops, especially at E2

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Yeah DHIL is the best DPS in the game right now and it's not close. If you like Welt and he's working out for your purposes though by all means keep using him, he's no slouch.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Welt's a lot easier to slot into a team too. DHIL needs the sp, but carries with it real well

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

gonna be so boring having to do regular SU after the reset and the MoC just dealing with regular battles with no buffs after days of swarm

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

acumen posted:

Welt's a lot easier to slot into a team too. DHIL needs the sp, but carries with it real well

DHIL doesn't slot into a team, the team slots into him. He's the most prima donna "you build your life around me now" character in the game at the moment, but the payoff is worth it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kanos posted:

DHIL doesn't slot into a team, the team slots into him.

I dunno he strikes me as somewhat Ace

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there anything I need to do with the warp tracker at https://starrailstation.com to not lose my stats? IIRC the ingame tracker only keeps six months of data, so I'm assuming it's gone if I don't find a way to archive it

I've only done it the one time on pc but it works by pulling that six months of history out as a .CSV or . XML file, and at one point in the process that filename is exposed. If you want to save it for yourself, find that file and copy it to somewhere that isn't a temp folder.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

there's no tracker that counts how often you used a character in battles is there?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Mihoyo's CEO Cai Haoyu has resigned his position now to pursue other projects and Da Wei has officially taken over as CEO. Expect very few changes as a result since Da Wei was always the hands on face of the company and Cai Haoyu was more like a silent behind the scenes partner with minimal input. Cai Haoyu is among the richest men in China now and the wealthiest of the companies three principle founders, AND is holding onto his 40% plurality share in the company, so it kind of isn't surprising he's peacing out of the CEO responsibility and leaving everything to Da Wei who seems like he'd be 100% gung ho about his job regardless of whether Genshin and Star Rail had happened or not. If Cai can make the same living basically doing nothing but retaining his 40% share and isn't as passionate about the job anymore as Da Wei is then yeah makes sense he'd have no reason to stay on as CEO anymore and essentially say "gently caress you got mine".

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

GateOfD posted:

there's no tracker that counts how often you used a character in battles is there?

I'd like to know this too.

Call me crazy but I wish there were MMO style damage meters and poo poo like that too. I need more worthless stats!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Haha numbers good

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
On the one hand I know Topaz will encourage me to do different team builds and have more fun, but Jesus it is hard not to just drop the 40 I have banked to hit my second 90 and get Fancy Dan. Oh well, only have to wait for another day or so.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Lost every 50/50 and mostly got past 70 except for one. Despair...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Cursed poo poo you got there

Time to burn your account

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
You need an altar and to sacrifice a sheep.png or something to appease the rng, that’s a cursed account.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jesus, I thought my "win every 50/50 but go to nearly 80 pulls for each one" monkey paw-assed luck was bad.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I go to 80 every other pity and I lost half of my 50/50s

it's me, I'm the median player

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've lost 2 50/50's. Both were for 5 star Destruction units. Also, Kafka is the only character I got in less than 75+.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I've missed 3 straight 50/50s and 3 straight 75/25s, but before that streak started I got Silver Wolf in exactly one 10-pull and during that streak I got Blade and Blade eidolon 1 in the same 10pull

My luck is weird

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sucks about the 50/50s but you have about a 20% chance of getting a 5 star before soft pity hits. You have average luck

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

You have average luck

I know it's limited to the people who use the site but yeaaaaah

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

actually i got my math wrong a little because i forgot 5 star rate is .6%, the previous figure was operating on .3%. at the correct rate, you have a 35.9% chance of hitting at least 1 5 star before soft pity

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kyrosiris posted:

I know it's limited to the people who use the site but yeaaaaah

what you said is the bias operating yeah, also the site's statistics are heavily distorted depending on how many pulls you've gone with/without a recent 5 star I find

e: like for my stellar warps early on it said i was bottom 5% since my second 5 star from that came really late but the instant i pulled the second i shot up to top 10%. it just doesn't know when you're 'due' for a guaranteed hit and the percentages are skewed because of that

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I cant tell if my luck is good or bad

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

safe to say if you even have top 50% luck on this site then you have unquestionably good luck

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It literally says your luck is good right there, just trust the machine.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Futaba Anzu posted:

safe to say if you even have top 50% luck on this site then you have unquestionably good luck

What if you have both top and bottom

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Futaba Anzu posted:

what you said is the bias operating yeah, also the site's statistics are heavily distorted depending on how many pulls you've gone with/without a recent 5 star I find

e: like for my stellar warps early on it said i was bottom 5% since my second 5 star from that came really late but the instant i pulled the second i shot up to top 10%. it just doesn't know when you're 'due' for a guaranteed hit and the percentages are skewed because of that

Mine are 76/79/79 with my next one being somewhere in the 70s at minimum, so... :v:

E: And my normal warp 5s are 79 and 82.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i accidentally turned 2x speed off in battle and the game feels like its running on a n64 now, lol

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Meowywitch posted:

i accidentally turned 2x speed off in battle and the game feels like its running on a n64 now, lol

The differences in the voice lines always throw me for a loop

DISSAPEAR... into a sea, of butterflies.

Illusions!

Of the past!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Meowywitch posted:

I am 95% sure they developed the game with 2x speed as default and just cut it in half. So many animations at 1x look like genuine slow motion.