Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I would also like to thank the thread for advice it has given me. Lost my first game last week due to injuries and what looks like may have been just an off week for a lot of my players (Lamar, Connor, Lockett, White), but bounced back and loving smashed week 2 (thanks Puka! :toot:).

My goal for my first fantasy league was to not look like a total moron and I think I've already cleared that threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Wasn't really tracking the game, just the stat updates.

If Burrows gonna be out or injured playing again, do you think Wilson vs Miami(if I can pick up, I am 8 o 10 on wire), or Smith vs Car would be the better pick up for next week?

I like Geno better as a QB. But Car seems so bad that he probably wont throw as many attempts as Wilson will trying to keep up with the Mia offense.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Is this the thread for discussing trades? Guy wants Josh Allen from me, and hopes to send Lamar+. Initial offer included Zay Flowers but I was thinking on countering Lamar+Calvin Ridley. Too much? I don’t really mind sending an insulting counter, I’ve known the guy for years. Too little? The difference between the QBs is feeling smaller than during draft season, but we’re only two weeks in…

He's trying to buy low, that door slammed shut yesterday lol

The Bills are flawed but the Jets D is legit

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bellmaker posted:

week 1: I dunno about this team
week 2: :smuggo:

Week 1: 66.68
Week 2: 116.18 and my opponent just has Hurst tonight (and is sitting at 95.16)

I had Nico Collins and Tyler Lockett on the bench too. To my amazement Saquon is hurt again so I'll probably have to run with Gus and Jacobs (or one of Josh Kelley or Tyjae Spears) next week :shepface:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bumhead posted:

I'm at the "I wonder what I can get for Travis Kelce" stage of the season.

Are you thinking of trading him because your team is bad or because you've lost faith in Kelce?

Because his stat line is much better if he catches that TD that went right through his hands.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think he was just joking. Because he still had a good game, on his 1st game back, in a weird game where KC had like 3 turnovers that I can recall. When I read that I was pretty sure he was making a joke at my expense for trying to trade for a round 1 draft pick.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Currently the king of my league in bench points, but this week it didn't cost me like last week. Last week 76 points, this week likely 116 points after Olave goes tonight. I still managed to win despite sitting Swift and Zack Moss. I would've had 140 with them, but you can't predict that perfectly each time. My big question going forward is still going to be Tua or Burrow. Burrow outperformed Tua by a few points this week, but he tweaked his calf again, so who knows what that means for next week.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So what's going on with Kyren Williams, some drama surrounding Cam Akers? Is he worth a high waiver claim?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tom Tucker posted:

So what's going on with Kyren Williams, some drama surrounding Cam Akers? Is he worth a high waiver claim?

if he somehow is on waivers yes

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

kiimo posted:

Are you thinking of trading him because your team is bad or because you've lost faith in Kelce?

Because his stat line is much better if he catches that TD that went right through his hands.

Absolutely the former.

It's more about cashing in on the fact he's still a stud, and possibly the biggest differential for his position in the game, to try and fix issues elsewhere.

It's gone no further than a general musing yet but it's one of the panic-stricken options available to me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

He was apparently benched on purpose because "it was the best thing for the team" and is now in talks to be traded.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah Kyren was worth a high waiver claim last week, and then had a monster game yesterday against a very good 49ers D. If he is still available absolutely use waiver priority / back up the FAAB dumptruck

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

ShowTime posted:

Thanks for all the advice in the thread. I'm still gonna try and get something out of Daniel Jones because I already have Jalen Hurts but not great RBs (not bad either) but i'm not gonna try and get a 1st rounder. But if I can try and eek out marginal upgrades here and there, it's gotta be good for my roster. And I only say that about my playoff chances because we have people in our league who have basically already checked out and I've already won against the #2 and #3 rosters. I say that and I'm sure my arrogance will result in me losing this weekend to the guy that still has Cooper Kupp starting and hasn't touched his roster since our draft.

Rankings don't really mean a whole lot at this point in the season. As of right now Jordan Love is the #2 QB in a lot of leagues but he's only had two games. Things tend to equalize the longer the season goes on. The "#2 and #3 rosters" could both be bottom of your league in two weeks. Somebody who desperation started Mims and Rashid Shaheed would have like 40 points at the WR position but I don't know anyone who would be happy with those two as their top two WRs for the rest of the season.

Last year in beer league I had the top scoring team through week six. I was middle of the pack by the end because Ertz died and Lamar Jackson suddenly fell off a cliff and then got injured, and Nick Chubb plummeted when Watson came back. My top two wideouts ended up being Lockett and DK and I'd been trying to trade out of having one or both of them at the start of the season.

I think you can't really have an idea of what your team is going to be until like week 4, and even then it can be a bit of a rough sketch.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's good advice and I can see that coming true this weekend. I wasn't entirely joking when I said I probably lose this weekend, because that guy that started someone on IR also started Saquon Barkley, Davante Adams, T.J. Hockenson and Tee Higgins in his flex. He didn't even touch his roster and off those 4 players scored like 90 points. Well i've got him this week.

Is it better to just shutup and offer a trade or try and negotiate a little with the person you wanna trade with?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShowTime posted:

That's good advice and I can see that coming true this weekend. I wasn't entirely joking when I said I probably lose this weekend, because that guy that started someone on IR also started Saquon Barkley, Davante Adams, T.J. Hockenson and Tee Higgins in his flex. He didn't even touch his roster and off those 4 players scored like 90 points. Well i've got him this week.

Is it better to just shutup and offer a trade or try and negotiate a little with the person you wanna trade with?

Going to vary from person to person but I think it's helpful to reach out first and have a conversation. Especially if you're playing with people you know. Let them know what you're looking for, talk up the guys you want to send and why it's a fair deal for both sides

I personally get annoyed if I get blind trade offers particularly if they are bad or I don't understand what the other manager is trying to accomplish. Like just today I got a random offer to send my Brian Robinson for his Terry McLaurin straight up. I already have like 0 RB depth and Terry wouldn't even crack my starting lineup, why on earth would I do this deal. I'm just gonna reject it whereas maybe something would have come out of a text saying "hey I am in the market for some RB help, any interest in doing a trade?"

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Still MNF to play but your QB Fantasy Leaders through WK2:

1. Kirk Cousins
2. Jordan Love
3. Justin Herbert
4. Patrick Mahomes
5. Russel Wilson

Zach Wilson has more yards than Joe Burrow

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Doesn't surprise me that Cousins is doing well. He should put up 300+ per game and his receiving weapons are amazing, maybe best in the league. They also kind of suck so will be throwing a ton. I considered holding for him but was afraid of who would be left if I missed out.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ShowTime posted:

He was apparently benched on purpose because "it was the best thing for the team" and is now in talks to be traded.

Cam Akers is just... bad. This happened last year. I don't know why McVay decided to basically do the same thing again with Akers. It's bizarre.

The Rams are a weird organization. He lied about Gurley too for awhile.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How much FAAB we spend for Hunter Henry, TE

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How much FAAB we spend for Hunter Henry, TE

If you didn't grab him last week back up the truck, he's escaped the amorphous TE Gray Goo scenario and he's clearly a target Jones favors now that the offense borders on competency.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

If you didn't grab him last week back up the truck, he's escaped the amorphous TE Gray Goo scenario and he's clearly a target Jones favors now that the offense borders on competency.

Grabbed him in one league where I was streaming TEs...is he worth dumping Muth over in another?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is Mims the real deal or? I don’t think I’m going to put in a claim since I’m set at WR but that was quite the game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

Grabbed him in one league where I was streaming TEs...is he worth dumping Muth over in another?

I would but others might feel differently, I want no part of the Steelers offense other than like Pickens

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

I would but others might feel differently, I want no part of the Steelers offense other than like Pickens

I dumped some bench fodder for him and will drop muth after tonight’s game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is Mims the real deal or? I don’t think I’m going to put in a claim since I’m set at WR but that was quite the game.

I think he's worth rostering if you can. It's a great stat line but it was also 2 catches, you can't bank on 2 50+ yard bombs every week. Guys like that can be infuriating sit/starts because you never know if he's going to give you 25 points or 0.

The hope would be he continues to earn more targets so he has a floor to go with the high ceiling. If it's a deeper 3WR + flex type league then I'd feel better about the weekly dice roll

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I thought I was getting somewhere with trade talks and would have either gotten De'Andre Swift or James Cook for my Daniel Jones and then someone hosed it all up by offering Aaron Jones because they have Kyren and now I have no loving clue whats happening. Also somehow Josh Allen is in the mix, but only because Daniel Jones is on the table and now I know why agents get paid 8%.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you can trade Daniel Jones for any of those players just do it immediately before the other managers realize what’s happening.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Mims has had only 2 targets in each of his first two games. He will earn more work for sure but he's more of a hail mary flex play than a weekly starter until then

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EconDad posted:

Cam Akers is just... bad. This happened last year. I don't know why McVay decided to basically do the same thing again with Akers. It's bizarre.
Last year, over the last 6 games or so, he ran for like 5.5 yards per carry behind an OL that was pulling drunk dudes out of the stands at that point, and also with bad QB play. He has the talent, but apparently a love/hate relationship with McVay or something because this weird yoyo-ing is not something I have ever seen before.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Mims has had only 2 targets in each of his first two games. He will earn more work for sure but he's more of a hail mary flex play than a weekly starter until then
Yeah he is a rookie so he is not getting a ton of snaps or targets over their established guys Jeudy and Sutton right now, but Mims is legit and will earn more snaps. He was Sean Payton's first draft pick after taking the Denver job. He'll get his.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Justin Fields, your time on my roster, and especially starter, is limited.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Justin Fields, your time on my roster, and especially starter, is limited.

Last year he spent the first like 4 weeks absolutely sucking before he remembered he could run and then started putting up crazy numbers. Not sure why he forgot how to do that unless he's just scared of being injured. I'd definitely bench him until he can prove otherwise though.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Last year, over the last 6 games or so, he ran for like 5.5 yards per carry behind an OL that was pulling drunk dudes out of the stands at that point, and also with bad QB play. He has the talent, but apparently a love/hate relationship with McVay or something because this weird yoyo-ing is not something I have ever seen before.

Yeah he is a rookie so he is not getting a ton of snaps or targets over their established guys Jeudy and Sutton right now, but Mims is legit and will earn more snaps. He was Sean Payton's first draft pick after taking the Denver job. He'll get his.

I get what you’re saying, but I’ll just never see it the same way with him.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Who drop in 0.5 ppr to pick up Hunter Henry?

Kyle Pitts TE
R Bateman WR
T Boyd WR
D Achane RB

I think Boyd. Achane hasn’t done anything plus I have J Wilson, but Achane seems like the kind of rookie RB talent that could explode later in the season. Likely won’t happen but is a big lottery ticket.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EconDad posted:

I get what you’re saying, but I’ll just never see it the same way with him.
Yeah dont get me wrong, I'm not saying he is going to end up being amazing (in actual game or fantasy), I just think he still stands a chance to be ok.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Last year he spent the first like 4 weeks absolutely sucking before he remembered he could run and then started putting up crazy numbers. Not sure why he forgot how to do that unless he's just scared of being injured. I'd definitely bench him until he can prove otherwise though.

There was a story last season that the Bears spent the "mini bye week" after TNF watching film of guys like Deshaun and Lamar and a lightbulb went off that they should let their insanely athletic QB run the drat ball. That's when he started scoring like 30 points a week. Which 1) lol and 2) not sure what happened this year that he's regressed so badly. If they are trying to force him to throw more or teams have more tape on him now or what.

I distinctly remember this because I had picked the Pats in my survivor pool and Chicago beat the doors off them after looking like dogshit in every prior game :rip:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Surprised to check yesterday and not see anyone mention thread darling Jalin Hyatt. First NFL catch was a bomb that should have been a TD if he didn’t have to slow down for it. Kid looks pretty good! Hope they can work him into more games.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Diontae Johnson to IR. Eligible to return in 4 games.

Glad my starters consisting of Kupp, Dobbins, and Diontae Johnson were all solid picks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Diontae Johnson to IR. Eligible to return in 4 games.

Glad my starters consisting of Kupp, Dobbins, and Diontae Johnson were all solid picks.

This is actually good since it was clear he was gonna miss multiple games, now those of us with IR spots don't have to worry about the Out/Questionable/Out BS that Yahoo does with their designations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Who drop in 0.5 ppr to pick up Hunter Henry?

Kyle Pitts TE
R Bateman WR
T Boyd WR
D Achane RB

I think Boyd. Achane hasn’t done anything plus I have J Wilson, but Achane seems like the kind of rookie RB talent that could explode later in the season. Likely won’t happen but is a big lottery ticket.

Yeah, it's Boyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Agreed. Especially if Burrow is hurt.