Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sure, great idea, next time i’m gonna walk all the way over to the free samples line and politely ask everyone in it if they left their cart in the aisle

or maybe i’ll just move it out of my way like a normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

StormDrain posted:

Costco owns the cart, not you, the customer. If you leave that in the way then it's going to get moved. The entire shopping experience relies on everyone moving all the time. If you want to stop and ponder you'd better do it in front of something slow to move like sacks of rice.

in the winter, I put a cow catcher on the front of my cart and I do not stop for anything. not even to pay at the register.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco Business Center has some things priced almost $5 less online the regular Costco but you've got to place an order of at least $250.

Wish the basic website didn't suck so much.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I guess I’m used to the small town costco life. People stop and look at stuff and it doesn’t seem to cause any issues

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I do the pullover move at Costco and lots of regular grocery stores too. I'll find a spot in a corner or at a big endcap where it's not blocking the product and just leave the cart there and go solo through the aisles then come back to base with my loot. Then I'll relocate to another zone.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ror posted:

I do the pullover move at Costco and lots of regular grocery stores too. I'll find a spot in a corner or at a big endcap where it's not blocking the product and just leave the cart there and go solo through the aisles then come back to base with my loot. Then I'll relocate to another zone.

Excellent move. If I have to stand for a bit to check my list or use my phone for a minute I stop where in directly in between two big items so if you need either just go in front or behind me. Generally though I just keep moving.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Ror posted:

pro move

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

yup especially for crowded isles.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

You would gently caress up something this delicious sounding somehow

Stop being mean to me ALAN

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dick Fontaine posted:

had a guy get all weird and try to start poo poo this weekend when i pushed his cart out of my way while he was waiting for a free sample. sample lady was staring at him all about to bolt

fortunately, i am huge, so he decided to throw his sample on the ground then furiously wheel his cart away after my response was to just laugh at him

real deranged behavior

When poo poo like this happens to me I just stop and full on stare at them without saying anything or doing anything else. Partially because it seems like people find it unnerving but also because I’m afraid if I actually say or do anything I’ll end up saying or doing something stupid or embarrassing so the stop and stare maneuver gives me a little time to think.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
A deer in your own headlights

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bird with big dick posted:

When poo poo like this happens to me I just stop and full on stare at them without saying anything or doing anything else. Partially because it seems like people find it unnerving but also because I’m afraid if I actually say or do anything I’ll end up saying or doing something stupid or embarrassing so the stop and stare maneuver gives me a little time to think.

yeah, anything that makes people stop and think seems to do the trick. guess it gives the rest of their brain a chance to catch up with their amygdalae or something like that :shrug:

just never respond with what they except. that’s a sure way to end up in some kind of real altercation

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Shove the cart and let it free wheel down the aisle. When they inevitably say what te hell just say sorry, I have bursitis.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Git gud mfers.

My friend scored this for me at a suburban church, I don’t think they’re in the city (yet). I’ve been wanting one of these for years!

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Ror posted:

I usually shop at Costco #2 in NE Portland, it's so cramped that there's no spot to pull this besides the towels aisle

Now, the huge one out in Hillsboro? It's like the aisles are paved with gold. You don't even need to worry about crowding anyone, it's pure luxury

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you think it's bad when people are clueless and block the aisles, I can tell you from experience that it is significantly more infuriating when that happens, but instead of trying to get by with a cart, you're driving a forklift with flashing lights and loud beeping and an even louder horn and when you honk the horn at people they still don't pay attention or even look up to see what the angry honking noise is. If I have to drop something out of the produce cooler on a busy Saturday or Sunday it instantly ruins my day if it wasn't already ruined.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s a good sweatshirt do you know if it comes in 4XLT

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jingleheimer posted:

If you think it's bad when people are clueless and block the aisles, I can tell you from experience that it is significantly more infuriating when that happens, but instead of trying to get by with a cart, you're driving a forklift with flashing lights and loud beeping and an even louder horn and when you honk the horn at people they still don't pay attention or even look up to see what the angry honking noise is. If I have to drop something out of the produce cooler on a busy Saturday or Sunday it instantly ruins my day if it wasn't already ruined.

Walking the forklifts was the one thing that turned me from soft spoken mild mannered Renegret to a raving lunatic yelling at people to get the gently caress out of the way, and forcibly moving their carts for them if they didn't.

... Though some of that was because Jose always followed WAAAAAY too close and I was terrified to stop moving because I always felt like I was about to get ran over.

Jose liked me as a walker because I walked fast. I walked fast because I didn't want to die.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pencilhands posted:

Isn’t it kind of mean to just move someone elses cart

I would have said excuse me or something

I just shop out of peoples carts. Why go pick stuff off of the shelves, might as well just take some stuff out of your cart so you get home and wonder where the gently caress the ribs went?

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Look just because you were able to grab one of the forklifts doesn't make you better than us regular cart shoppers. The ONE TIME I managed to get to church when a forklift was free someone managed to snatch it right in front of me

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
put forks on the rascal scooters imo

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Big Mac posted:

Look just because you were able to grab one of the forklifts doesn't make you better than us regular cart shoppers. The ONE TIME I managed to get to church when a forklift was free someone managed to snatch it right in front of me

Whipping around the store on a forklift with a cart on your forks is the best way to do Costco shopping. I have done this many times, and the cries of other employees calling me lazy are easily drowned out by the noise of my forklift.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
People will flat out steal your cart at my Costco if you turn around to look at something.

Pretty sure it's because of the stupid loving coin operated locks on them - tightasses will apparently go to lengths to get $1/$2

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

costco is accessible to pretty much anyone so you get a lot of really hosed up people coming through. had a guy spit at one of the cart pushers because he dared to inconvenience him by saying "excuse me" while coming through with a train of carts. we also have a poo poo ton of people coming in and trying to steal poo poo, sometimes successfully. it happens A LOT

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

norp posted:

People will flat out steal your cart at my Costco if you turn around to look at something.

Pretty sure it's because of the stupid loving coin operated locks on them - tightasses will apparently go to lengths to get $1/$2

What hell country are you from where you need coins to borrow a cart just to buy your food?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Zero VGS posted:

What hell country are you from where you need coins to borrow a cart just to buy your food?

It's actually not that rare in the US, to stop people from stealing them. It usually isn't a payment per se, you get your money back when you return the cart

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
uh usually that's for like airports

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This is the Costco thread not the Aldi's thread where you got to pay a quarter deposit to use a cart.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had a pair of guys take an entire vanity off my flat cart at Home Depot and try to steal it when I set it aside to navigate a small aisle. When I told them to put it back on one said “Who do you think you are?” and then both of them literally ran away. My strangest cart-based encounter for sure.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Who the gently caress has quarters anymore? Now that the faithful all have tap-to-pay they could really jack up the deposit, much like street parking.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Who the gently caress has quarters anymore? Now that the faithful all have tap-to-pay they could really jack up the deposit, much like street parking.

Dunno but a lot of people just 3D print little retrievable cart keys like the slugs of yore

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

why not 3d print a cart luddite losers

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dick Fontaine posted:

had a guy get all weird and try to start poo poo this weekend when i pushed his cart out of my way while he was waiting for a free sample. sample lady was staring at him all about to bolt

fortunately, i am huge, so he decided to throw his sample on the ground then furiously wheel his cart away after my response was to just laugh at him

real deranged behavior

Idk what's happening but at my Costco this weekend I was leaving and this woman was just screaming "JUST GO I WANT YOU TO LEAVE" at this apparently random person

I have no idea what precipitated that but it was kinda uncomfortable

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

dear bird who ruins steaks,

please buy the jamon ham and do warcrimes to it

thanks

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I had a lady steal my card right in the checkout lane.

She was ahead of me in line and showed up with a couple of things in her hands and was finishing paying right after I had unloaded everything from my cart onto the belt. When the cashier asked her "is that your cart" pointing to my cart, she said that it was and then put up a big fight when I pointed out that it was mine.

The cashier ended up giving the cart to her - I don't know if it was just to shut her up or if they actually believed her; but, either way, she wheeled away triumphant and I had to stand there holding up the line like an rear end in a top hat while they went to find me a new cart.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Rookie move. You should have been buying something large enough that you need to leave it in the cart.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

terrible vibes at the costco. must be something in the samples

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It's always a blow when something that has been at Costco for years vanishes.

This cinnamon toast bread went away suddenly after buying it for years. SUCH SADNESS.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Costco used to have these wonderful big white, fluffy bath towels for like 7 bucks that I just adored. They still have big white fluffy bath towels on the cheap but they leave all of these annoying little fibers all over your face after you dry off. And what I'm wondering is does anyone know where to get towels like they used to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they had this garlic bread that was greasy as hell and bad for you and I loved it