Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

we poo poo out of luck with no insurance on boosters?

There's supposed to be a program for the uninsured, but it won't start until December lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ok so we're back to the usual "get hosed and pray" state of america, got it. love it here

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

ok so we're back to the usual "get hosed and pray" state of america, got it. love it here
"back to"?

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
The bridge access program for uninsured folks is supposed to cover them up until January 2024, so expect that to be up and running around Christmas.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
finding almost nothing about the insurance gently caress ups in the news yet

:rubby:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

fosborb posted:

The spin doctors have a mild case of flu

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

huge vaccinated balls gang wya

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
lotta shots of nature's booster are going out right now, free of charge

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Well this could explain why some folks were constantly testing negative

https://twitter.com/ParentMishmash/status/1703777246471999911

Guess not every tests are equal

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

we poo poo out of luck with no insurance on boosters?

My insurance was fine, my co-pay was 0 earlier today. I'm on united healthcare. Pharmacist, when I mentioned insurance issues: 'yeah it sometimes takes them a while to update their systems but you're good to go'

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

NeonPunk posted:

There's supposed to be a program for the uninsured, but it won't start until December lmao

lol Biden

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Strep Vote posted:

Vegas is probably fun if you work on one of the shows there.

So thread unicorns are going down to school, unnecessary travel, and not knowing that aerosols hover at face height on the ice rink. My son is 2 weeks into school and still good (masking) buuuuut he's been invited to his friend's bar mitzvah and if anything is going to get us, it'll be that. But bar mitzvahs are cool and I want him to go experience some cool poo poo on his own. He'll mask, but there's food and a party... I suppose I'll jab him asap and pray for another no-transmission infection should he get hit.

I've got anti-spreadsheet activity at the end of this week, meeting up with 2 in-laws who are flying in. One is very covid cautious, the other not. We got boosted on Sunday so I'll at least be going into it with nearly a week of antibody generating time, plus lots of surveillance testing after.

The future is fun.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

NeonPunk posted:

bobtheconqueror posted:

The bridge access program for uninsured folks is supposed to cover them up until January 2024, so expect that to be up and running around Christmas.

The Bridge Access Program is supposed to be running now, though it is select locations only and continue on until December 2024.

One pager here:

More information and links:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zugzwang posted:

lotta shots of nature's booster are going out right now, free of charge

I can’t afford that either

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
hell yeah booked my booster appt through a Walgreens for Sunday.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

COVID? Flu? Why not both.

Flu season already in full swing in Japan

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/09/15/japan/science-health/influenza-infections-spread/ posted:

The influenza season is in full swing in Japan after an earlier-than-usual start this year.

The season typically takes place between December and March, but health ministry data for the Sept. 4-10 period, released Friday, showed that the flu is already quickly spreading across the country, leading to school closures in many prefectures.

A number of schools have either suspended individual classes or closed entirely in response to outbreaks of influenza-like symptoms.

Last fall, influenza began to spread in the country for the first time in three years, while the coronavirus also continued to spread across various waves. This season, experts are warning of a possible “twindemic," as the two illnesses are again spreading simultaneously.

The unusual timing and resurgence of the flu have been attributed to a decline in immunity during the COVID-19 pandemic and a loosening of disease prevention restrictions following the downgrade of COVID-19 to a Class 5 illness, putting it in the same category as the seasonal flu.

Another health ministry report released Friday showed that the average number of new COVID-19 patients reported by around 5,000 designated hospitals stood at 20.19, remaining above 20 for the second week in a row.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Anyone else grab that 10-pack of Cue tests currently on sale with the free test reader? I got mine in, and all of my tests expire 11/14. No big deal, I expect them to expire quick since that's part of the sale. But can anyone else corroborate a 11/14 expiration date for tests currently on sale? I'd like to grab a couple more readers while they're hot, but having a huge pile of tests that expire just before the holidays wouldn't be the most useful... Going by the copy that says tests expire in 1.5-3 months, the sale may be over by the end of September. Or maybe, there's a chance, just maybe, for some Dec/Jan expirations in some other orders. Idk

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

Climate Defiance blockaded the Federal Reserve today and the only place reporting on it is Fox lol

edit: ah guess NYT reported after I left

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Pingui posted:

The Bridge Access Program is supposed to be running now, though it is select locations only and continue on until December 2024.

One pager here:

More information and links:
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

Ope good catch. I completely misread earlier that the program just went through the end of this year. Thanks!

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
cool vaccine rollout, bro

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Indoor Dying posted:

cool vaccine rollout, bro

let’s see your vaccine rollout if you think it’s so easy

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Did someone talk about ED and COVID? your resident dead dick here

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

NeonPunk posted:

I'm not doubting these results (and I'm going to order the European tests that were referenced) but I'd like to suggest to others that there are specific tests to use/avoid, and they are going to want research based sources. Is this documented anywhere else?

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

A Bag of Milk posted:

Anyone else grab that 10-pack of Cue tests currently on sale with the free test reader? I got mine in, and all of my tests expire 11/14. No big deal, I expect them to expire quick since that's part of the sale. But can anyone else corroborate a 11/14 expiration date for tests currently on sale? I'd like to grab a couple more readers while they're hot, but having a huge pile of tests that expire just before the holidays wouldn't be the most useful... Going by the copy that says tests expire in 1.5-3 months, the sale may be over by the end of September. Or maybe, there's a chance, just maybe, for some Dec/Jan expirations in some other orders. Idk

They're having trouble selling tests/revenue problems, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is an ongoing sale until they're out of business.

I bought the 10 pack 2 weeks ago, and all of my tests expire at the end of November.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pillowpants posted:

Did someone talk about ED and COVID? your resident dead dick here

ED after a COVID infection is all in your head, shaft and balls.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
just got a call today from Walgreens (had scheduled vaccine tomorrow morning), they don’t got it yet. They said probably Thursday but who knows?!??!?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Every year I hear 'flu season is earlier than normal! get the shot ASAP!' then I get the shot, and get flu in Feb if I get flu.

I'm getting my flu booster a couple of weeks before thanksgiving this time, I think. Watch me get flu next week!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

for now

they said they’re working on a program to get some shots to the uninsured for free but who knows when

how much is it gonna cost me oop?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I mean if you're safe from covid you're extra turbo safe from the flu

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

offs!

Two weeks into school here (B.C.), wife's home with a sore throat, teachers off with Covid, children off with whatever it is they get because they can't get Covid. Spent some time on pharmacy websites to see about booking Covid & flu shots but all links lead to the central provincial vaccine booking system which just tells you to register if you aren't in the system already and sit and wait for the email if you are.

Back to early Thursday morning commando grocery runs.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I'm not doubting these results (and I'm going to order the European tests that were referenced) but I'd like to suggest to others that there are specific tests to use/avoid, and they are going to want research based sources. Is this documented anywhere else?

To be fair, that person said that she only did nasal swab on the tests except for the saliva tests. It's more like that swabbing noses isn't good enough to pick up the viruses

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

RandolphCarter posted:

how much is it gonna cost me oop?

Not the OP, but if you utilize the Bridge Access Program, it should be free. Use the link I posted a couple of posts back, for details on where to find participating entities.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Forget booster banditing. How do we bandit tests that work? https://www.accubiotech.com/product-covid-19-antigen-cassette-saliva.html

Good news: Work approved my ADA to work from home because of immunocompromise in spite of new 'back to the office' push!

Bad news: No pharmacies here have the shot yet, and the good one (where they will come outside to do the shot) won't have them until maybe October...

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Well, I for one am positive booster uptake will rocket to 24% as soon as the doses have been delivered, the billing codes are up and ~20% of people have a change of heart.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Walgreens says they have the new one, going in Wednesday, though it still says COMIRNATY on their website so i'll have to double check

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Got mine at CVS in Colorado just now (cancelling my appointment was apparently just a ruse).

But pharmacist had zero knowledge of whats up with the pediatric vaccine. She actually thought this was good for 5+, and I kinda raised an eyebrow and she looked down and read the label, "oh yah 12+".

This poo poo is so strange, 5 months and up was approved last week as well!!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pingui posted:

Not the OP, but if you utilize the Bridge Access Program, it should be free. Use the link I posted a couple of posts back, for details on where to find participating entities.

thank you :tipshat:

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Just got a text alert that I have to reschedule my appointment that was going to be tomorrow. CVS.

Local pharmacy that I wanted to use said they weren't even getting doses for 2 weeks.

Any place doing walk ins where I don't need an appointment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

actionjackson posted:

Walgreens says they have the new one, going in Wednesday, though it still says COMIRNATY on their website so i'll have to double check

Just got mine at Walgreen's today and it was the updated booster, asked and the pharma tech said they can't give out the old one anymore so if you're getting a booster from them it's the new one.

e: Checked and it's listed as COMIRNATY 12+ (COVID) 23-24 SDV on my paperwork.