Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

Spaced God posted:

oh i mean that's good too

One follows the other, or rather, one does not follow what the other isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

triple sulk posted:

it's astounding how hard it is for people to respond to emails in 2023. slack was a mistake

"what if we reinvented irc but with a super lovely web interface and crappy "desktop" app, and locked all of our company's conversations into this one vendor's paid platform?"

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Buddykins posted:

I apparently just acted like a drunk rear end in a top hat

were you sober at the time?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Consolidated Ed posted:

"what if we reinvented irc but with a super lovely web interface and crappy "desktop" app, and locked all of our company's conversations into this one vendor's paid platform?"

have you seen the one that people are using to help wfh people that's just basically Habbo Hotel meets slack? I love it lmao

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Yep, gotta cop to it AND MAKE A CHANGE

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

yeah but he put a disclaimer strongly saying it was bullshit so its very legal and very cool

I remember the part of the deposition transcript where he was going on and on about how the greatest corporate lawyers in the world looked at how strong his disclaimer was and were in awe at how he had the strongest disclaimer of them all

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it's got to be hard to be a lawyer with a client who doesn't speak any language other than hype

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Buddykins posted:

:same: still trying to figure out how to apologize to this girl over something i dont remember

say you're sorry without blaming it on being drunk and move on and wait for her to decide if you're still worth talking to.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

presidential immunity is just for presidents right? If I run do I get it too.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

say you're sorry without blaming it on being drunk and move on and wait for her to decide if you're still worth talking to.

needed this - thank you.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

sorry dude I know that was an Actually Mean thing to post a you.

incidentally I’m coming up on 5 years sober myself, time sure does fly. there’s a lot more options these days than AA, it never hurts to just google around and see what’s out there

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Lmao all marine aircraft currently grounded. China must have haxxed in and they are freaked

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

dads friend steve posted:

incidentally I’m coming up on 5 years sober myself, time sure does fly. there’s a lot more options these days than AA, it never hurts to just google around and see what’s out there

Congratulations! That's impressive as hell.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

CaptainBeefart posted:

Lol and here I am debating about dropping $5 on a free to play game.

struggling to buy community college textbooks etc so i can retrain into a non-dying profession, and every other shithead is dropping thousands of dollars on imaginary apes and fake clothes.

good news though, the community college wants to send me a grocery store gift card to help, it'll be $100 dollars and won't arrive for 8 weeks. also, if you're not at home to receive the certified letter from the usps carrier, you have to go to whichever PO it's at, and go get it lol

also they do not tell you this, so you have to get burned at least once or hear about it from another student

i straight up asked the counselors if theres a state grant or something for older people trying to retrain, and they said nope but dont worry we have a food pantry!! also the food pantry is closed though!! the guy seemed genuinely mystified, like it didnt occur to him that sometimes people who already graduated college might want to go back, because their current field is dying.

regular people are just not a priority at any level ever, all the money needs to flow upward to our betters. same as it ever was, etc.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2023/09/18/south-carolina-teacher-ta-nehisi-coates-racism-lesson/

long magazine-style article but this sounds like quite a moment:

The fifth speaker was South Carolina State House Rep. Robert J. “RJ” May III (R), who had driven 30 minutes from his home near South Congaree to reach Chapin. In an interview with The Post, he said worried parents and students, some of them in Wood’s class, contacted him asking him to speak at the meeting.

He was happy to do it because he thinks Wood broke state law and acted outside the parameters of her job by assigning Coates’s book — which May said presents the author’s biased views of history as fact. He said books that deal with systemic racism should be taught in social studies, government or politics courses. If they are taught at all.

“We should be a colorblind society,” May said that night.

On her sofa, Wood shouted at the screen. “You’ve got to be kidding me!”

The front door banged open behind her, admitting Summit, her 16-year-old son and a student at Chapin High. Turning to greet him, Wood saw his lips pressed into a line.

“What happened?” she remembers asking.

“Mom, did you break the law?” he said, according to his and Wood’s recollection of that night. “My friends called you racist.”

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

crime fighting hog posted:

the only online multiplayer type game I ever played was world of warcraft because a buddy got me a free five day trial and it was the most boring 97 hours of my life

im with you on this. never understood the mmorpg poo poo or any of the current stuff. in single player, theres a story (usually) and the game unfolds from there. multiplayer is a bunch of ppl typing and or saying the n word and the f slur a lot, and every game is boring bullshit with no point. wow you and a bunch of other edgelord sophomores played a game together? sounds amazing, let me just wake myself from my deep slumber of boredom

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Looks like things happened

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Consolidated Ed posted:

struggling to buy community college textbooks etc so i can retrain into a non-dying profession, and every other shithead is dropping thousands of dollars on imaginary apes and fake clothes.

good news though, the community college wants to send me a grocery store gift card to help, it'll be $100 dollars and won't arrive for 8 weeks. also, if you're not at home to receive the certified letter from the usps carrier, you have to go to whichever PO it's at, and go get it lol

also they do not tell you this, so you have to get burned at least once or hear about it from another student

i straight up asked the counselors if theres a state grant or something for older people trying to retrain, and they said nope but dont worry we have a food pantry!! also the food pantry is closed though!! the guy seemed genuinely mystified, like it didnt occur to him that sometimes people who already graduated college might want to go back, because their current field is dying.

regular people are just not a priority at any level ever, all the money needs to flow upward to our betters. same as it ever was, etc.

....ever thought about being a fashion designer in Fortnight?

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Buddykins posted:

yeah i just ruin my relationships the old school way

her father chasing you with a shotgun thru a cornfield is, i suppose, quite old fashioned

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Sherbert Hoover posted:

deep thoughts with buddykins

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this is literally me

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

this is literally me

lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

Buddykins posted:

I apparently just acted like a drunk rear end in a top hat

:allears:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/1703897128282505327?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Consolidated Ed posted:

stay strong friend 👊 there is a life after touching computers

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

crime fighting hog posted:

the only online multiplayer type game I ever played was world of warcraft because a buddy got me a free five day trial and it was the most boring 97 hours of my life

When I was playing Wow I started to do math (writing on my table) on how long it would take me to level up based on the time and experience per kill; and when I started to get accurate to within 10 seconds, I stopped because I was having more fun with the math.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

dads friend steve posted:

Grats fellow goon, 5 years is pretty huge and most of us fall off the wagon at some point in that time. I just hit 9 this past weekend, I was never much for AA myself either since it seems weirdly religious so I replaced boozing with exercising which seemed less likely to kill me in the short term

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I got a community college degree for less than half of what that guy paid for game clothes

needing to pay 10k for community college is so hosed up, it should be free from start to finish (including the "oops we forgot you need that have a nice weekend" items like books, food, healthcare, and housing). and im staring down the barrel of the exact same thing

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Louisgod posted:

you'd think people would draw parallels with certain other past book burning events but that would require having two functional working neurons

Someone already addressed this but the people you're talking about are on board and ready to fire up the showers

Buddykins posted:

:same: still trying to figure out how to apologize to this girl over something i dont remember

Did you ever try Disco Elysium? If not, you should!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

tongpu

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

dunlop tires

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

buddykins

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Buddykins posted:

trumlop tires

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

all my posts have a very powerful Disclaimer Clause

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Buddykins posted:

dunlop tires

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol plinky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

dunlop tires

Buddykins when you say "prospect" do you mean they might start working at the restaurant or you're trying to date them?