Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
votings not really gonna make things better, voting just stops things from getting worse

strikes and disruption and other redacted things are what cause actual meaningful change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also the president of the UAW would make a good president in general i think

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Voting doesn't do poo poo and it is willful ignorance at this point to think so (or you are being disingenuous.) Direct action and striking fear into the ruling class is the only thing that makes any bit of difference.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

organized voting especially locally combined with the two other things you said and nationwide militant protesting would probably work or at least be a million times better than the usual worthless lesser-evilism that has lead to exactly where we are now

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Glumwheels posted:

Took 2 yrs to get my wife’s GC under trump and our friends got there’s in 5 months under Biden.

Biden is a racist old fool, they’re exactly the same - an idiot

other people are roasting you and this might shatter your world view but singular basic tasks in an administrative state involving millions of people aren't exactly always attributable to the person who holds the office of president

I got my passport in 3 weeks under Trump and now under Biden it could take as much as 6 months. It would be extremely stupid to claim that Donald Trump personally gave me my passport 100x faster than Biden can personally give me my passport

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

votings not really gonna make things better, voting just stops things from getting worse

strikes and disruption and other redacted things are what cause actual meaningful change.

People need to strike the democrat party is what I'm saying.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Glumwheels posted:

Took 2 yrs to get my wife’s GC under trump and our friends got there’s in 5 months under Biden.

Biden is a racist old fool, they’re exactly the same - an idiot

there are concentration camps at the border under biden. we are murdering families and small children every day. installing devices in rivers meant to drown refugees. glad your friends green card went fast though.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Rectal Death Adept posted:

other people are roasting you and this might shatter your world view but singular basic tasks in an administrative state involving millions of people aren't exactly always attributable to the person who holds the office of president

I got my passport in 3 weeks under Trump and now under Biden it could take as much as 6 months. It would be extremely stupid to claim that Donald Trump personally gave me my passport 100x faster than Biden can personally give me my passport

I had to enlist my house rep to get my passport after waiting 5 months. I'm still not gonna vote for that MF because I know he has no real power over that and just continues to support the same shitdem policies that 2000s republicans would've loved.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Trump, Miller and his nominee to USCIS did everything they could to stop and grind the immigration process to a halt. I don’t give a poo poo what a bunch of idiots are saying about me. This is what I’ve experienced and what I’ve seen following immigration forums because next year we have to apply for citizenship and I’ve seen that timeline drop significantly too. It’s still an overall poo poo process but way better than the trump years. And Biden reversed poo poo requirements Trump put in place on the green card process.

Cornell West is a piece of poo poo, probably worse than Biden. The guy is a grifter hence why Peter Dao joined his campaign. Two grifter peas in a pod.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
feeling very excited about my passport appointment tomorrow (no trips planned)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

Cornell West is a piece of poo poo, probably worse than Biden. The guy is a grifter hence why Peter Dao joined his campaign. Two grifter peas in a pod.

And there it is, lol.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lol what a piece of poo poo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Dems have permitted every single basic support structure that was incorporated during the early pandemic to lapse or have actively torn them down. Simple anti-poverty measures like the child tax credit, free lunches for children, eviction moratoriums, expanded Medicaid, things that lead to the biggest reduction in poverty seen in my lifetime or yours that should have been made permanent. All torn down or permitted to lapse.

The student debt forgiveness poo poo alone was a joke, a cynical ride Biden and his cronies took young people on for a thing they never intended to deliver. Any young person who is looking at loan payments restarting this month who would still vote for Joe Biden is a total loving sucker.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Oh no you got me, the dude he owes a poo poo ton of money in unpaid taxes and child support and switched from the “people’s party” to the Green Party is totally on the up and up.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Oh no you got me, the dude he owes a poo poo ton of money in unpaid taxes and child support and switched from the “people’s party” to the Green Party is totally on the up and up.

As opposed to the guy who raped a women, has a long sordid history of being a sex pest, championed the 1997 crime bill, and continues Trumps policies. That Biden guy is totally on the up and up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

You are such a piece of poo poo

Edit: before Vox gets all pissy I'm just pointing out they are what they are.

Ban queued. Prepare to die.

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol at crying about how fast green cards are while trying to emigrate oneself

Glumwheels posted:

Lol

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Glumwheels posted:

I was all in on Biden in 2020. Biden has done some good things that these C-SPAM leftists are unwilling to acknowledge. I'm keeping an open mind but I don't see how Biden can win against Trump. I'm sorry, but I have to say that Cornell West is the more realistic option. Can we afford running another weak candidate like in 2016? Trump and MAGA are an existential threat to our democracy. I want someone that can defeat Trump. West is that candidate.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

I was all in on Biden in 2020. Biden has done some good things that these C-SPAM leftists are unwilling to acknowledge. I'm keeping an open mind but I don't see how Biden can win against Trump. I'm sorry, but I have to say that Cornell West is the more realistic option. Can we afford running another weak candidate like in 2016? Trump and MAGA are an existential threat to our democracy. I want someone that can defeat Trump. West is that candidate.

SYQ

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

I was all in on Biden in 2020.

Jesus Christ man

Even the libs had to hold their nose

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Surely the system will allow me to dismantle the system!

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Vox Nihili posted:

Jesus Christ man

Even the libs had to hold their nose
He was running against Trump. I would have preferred Bernie or Warren but they lost the primary. Biden was a better choice than Trump. And now West is a better choice than Biden to defeat Trump.

Jon Pod Van Damm has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Sep 19, 2023

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I admire how effortlessly you manage to regurgitate insane garbage takes. That is true posting power

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
You think he's gonna get less vote % than Ross Perot ?

I say yes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

i love racist dogwhistles too

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

He was running against Trump. I would have preferred Bernie or Warren but they lost the primary. Biden was a better choice than Trump. And now West is a better choice than Biden to defeat Trump.

I wrote in Bernie.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
omg shut up about voting. we live in a plutocracy, voting only exists to launder legitimacy to the plutocracy to do evil things under the guise of "well the people voted for it! if they didn't like it or want something else they should just vote". its a fake veneer meant to disseminate and decentralize the concept of power

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Xaris posted:

omg shut up about voting. we live in a plutocracy, voting only exists to launder legitimacy to the plutocracy to do evil things under the guise of "well the people voted for it!"

Wrong. The plutocrats don't even pretend to follow along with the will of the people anymore.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

omg shut up about voting. we live in a plutocracy, voting only exists to launder legitimacy to the plutocracy to do evil things under the guise of "well the people voted for it! if they didn't like it or want something else they should just vote". its a fake veneer meant to disseminate and decentralize the concept of power

Your city council vote may actually matter, though.

Your vote for President is essentially a thoughts & prayers situation but it's fun to pretend it matters and argue about it endlessly. Not the best sport around but reasonably entertaining.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

The electoral college exists, why do people pretend voting for president means anything?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mischievous Mink posted:

The electoral college exists, why do people pretend voting for president means anything?

it's all the media talks about so it's gotta be important

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FlapYoJacks posted:

Wrong. The plutocrats don't even pretend to follow along with the will of the people anymore.
tbf they very rarely did before and nothing has really changed. and that is an irrelevant concept: it's the nebulous idea of "liberal democracy and freedom" that people are indoctrinated to reify the legitimacy of the plutocracy. it doesn't matter what one's person perception of whether its the will or not, its the idea that the rulers are legitimate, having been laundered through "the masses", that everyone from conservatives to liberals believe even if they don't like the people running the show.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Glumwheels posted:

aids

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Frosted Flake posted:

I like how companies, but we can stretch that out and say governments and nearly every other institution, expect people to act as if social contracts exist without honouring any of it themselves. They want Company Men, who act as if there is a mailroom to boardroom path, or gold watch and pension at retirement, any of that midcentury stuff, really, but they don't actually want to provide it.

I mean, they want you to have a sense of loyalty to an employer that will lay you off at the drop of a hat, it's preposterous.

It's galling.

This really is what it comes down to, they have completely forgotten that loyalty requires some actual incentive, and basically the entire idea of material factors. The ruling class has a Vincent Adultman level understanding of the world they control.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

but basically if you play games with them like the speculators did you can ruin them much much faster then they would normally spoil.

listen, if there aren't 20 financial derivatives being traded 9000 times per second by an entire industry of Onion Traders then how are we going to be sure that trade is being conducted efficiently?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Morbus posted:

listen, if there aren't 20 financial derivatives being traded 9000 times per second by an entire industry of Onion Traders then how are we going to be sure that trade is being conducted efficiently?

The real shenanigans are folks that don’t just trade but can take physical delivery and store and resell.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Glumwheels posted:

It’s still an overall poo poo process but way better than the trump years

Weird how Trump oversaw the largest increase in green card issuance since the Bush administration and had more of them issued than any year of the Obama administration until 2020 for some weird, unknowable reason.

At least we can all agree that this is all Trump himself, personally, and that literally nothing else happened in the world that could have caused you to experience a delay in the green card process in the past few years.

quote:

A recent report from the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Office of Inspector General detailed the challenges faced by USCIS during the pandemic. The report found that USCIS processing slowed by 33% in 2020 after its offices reopened that July.[2] These delays have added to the backlog of green card cases. At the end of FY 2021, USCIS reported 770,386 pending I-485 cases with 245,490 of these being employment-based.[3] This is only a fraction of the more than eight million total cases pending with USCIS at the end of FY 2021.[4]

quote:

From March 2020 to May 2021, the USCIS ELIS system was down or experienced performance issues for a total of approximately 2,076 hours.[5] This is equivalent to 259.5 working days (assuming an eight-hour day) over this thirteen-month period.

Literally no other factors beyond Joe Biden's personal intervention could be affecting those processing times. Especially not falling numbers of green card applications which would help clear backlogs that mysteriously developed in 2020, again for those unknowable reasons.

quote:

On Friday, January 21, 2022, USCIS announced that it had received fewer AOS applications in the first (priority workers) and second (workers with advanced degrees or of exceptional ability) employment-based categories than visas available.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Weird how Trump oversaw the largest increase in green card issuance since the Bush administration and had more of them issued than any year of the Obama administration until 2020 for some weird, unknowable reason.

At least we can all agree that this is all Trump himself, personally, and that literally nothing else happened in the world that could have caused you to experience a delay in the green card process in the past few years.

Literally no other factors beyond Joe Biden's personal intervention could be affecting those processing times. Especially not falling numbers of green card applications which would help clear backlogs that mysteriously developed in 2020, again for those unknowable reasons.

Uh oh the unstoppable force of opinions derived solely from unexamined media consumption is about to meet the immovable object of material reality. let's see how op resolves the contradiction. my money's on "completely ignore this post forever" but maybe we'll get an epic "nuh uh here's another anecdote"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

it took my wife only 9 months to get her green card in 2020, despite all the delays/problems with covid

i attribute this to the personal efforts of one donald j trump