Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gejimayu posted:

I'm assuming yall have already discussed this but the new Children of the Corn was pretty loving rad. The cgi sucked and the adults were pretty one dimensiomal, but the malachi stand in girl in this was really good and it was a mostly a good new twist on the story.

I don't know that I'd outright call the film "good" but it is indeed legit better than over half the franchise. Maybe 3rd or 4th best feature (so top 5 because the Disciples of the Crow short is the best one)

Speaking of things yall should check out, guess what's finally out tomorrow on VOD services?

Chris James 2 posted:

Looking at their lineup and want to say you should :getin: for Beaten to Death (horror film) when it's available Friday and Sour Party (not horror film) when it's available Sunday. Two of my fav surprises of the year

Beaten to Death is an Aussie film that...gives the game away with its title really. Brutal film about a guy just having the worst luck of people he runs into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP_fL2otvaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Evil Dead Trap would be an absolute blast, 100% recommend if it wasn't for the gratuitous sexual assault. Which is a real shame, because I love almost everything else about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drop some time codes for people so they can skip if they want. Or maybe a “hey at when we get to this part this is where things get iffy”

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

Drop some time codes for people so they can skip if they want. Or maybe a “hey at when we get to this part this is where things get iffy”

Good idea.

So Evil Dead Trap on Shudder-the sexual assaults are from 17:21-17:35 and 18:32-19:20 (though really the like minute in between isn't really important) and 32:12-32:45 35:23--38:30 are the real gross and not in a good way bits

Otherwise you get a fun movie that keeps escalating until a wild finale.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't know that I'd outright call the film "good" but it is indeed legit better than over half the franchise. Maybe 3rd or 4th best feature (so top 5 because the Disciples of the Crow short is the best one)

Speaking of things yall should check out, guess what's finally out tomorrow on VOD services?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP_fL2otvaI

hell yeah. rural Australia as horror movie is an automatic "i'm in" for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJyVEQBCIf0

this was filmed up in the hills near where i lived for a while. jolly good fun with some terrific violence

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Deadite posted:

14, I think. One 12 foot tall, five 5 footers, three 3 footers, and five one footers. Gotta come up with a scene for everything.

Last year I put the small skeletons inside the big one

They got new colors of skeletons at Target now. Saw some magenta ones the other day.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So thanks to needing to free up some space in the garage(because we needed room to put up a tent because my sister needs a place to stay) I've got my little 8 inch Sansui combo TV-VCR hooked back up in my room, don't own too many VHS tapes anymore(or really have room for any beyond the like 20 to 30 tapes I've managed to hold onto) so I've nabbed a little HDMI to RCA converter off Amazon and when it gets here in a couple days we'll see how well it works with one of my streaming devices as a sort of ghetto version of those more elaborate setups I've seen people do for using old TV's for watching stuff on

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Gripweed posted:

They got new colors of skeletons at Target now. Saw some magenta ones the other day.

There are so many neon skeletons around this year, whereas last year I had to paint them all to get those fluorescent colors

Guess I was ahead of the trend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just found this at Costco.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

drrockso20 posted:

So thanks to needing to free up some space in the garage(because we needed room to put up a tent because my sister needs a place to stay) I've got my little 8 inch Sansui combo TV-VCR hooked back up in my room, don't own too many VHS tapes anymore(or really have room for any beyond the like 20 to 30 tapes I've managed to hold onto) so I've nabbed a little HDMI to RCA converter off Amazon and when it gets here in a couple days we'll see how well it works with one of my streaming devices as a sort of ghetto version of those more elaborate setups I've seen people do for using old TV's for watching stuff on

May I suggest some combination of intoxicants and Skinimarink for this set-up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gripweed posted:

Pansexual skeletons.

The limp wrists had me sold.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 19, 2023

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/thecroakerqueen/status/1703927541625479179?s=46

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol I gotta see that. She looks like she has the lamia in her

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Owns

Weekend after-action report:

In The Mouth Of Madness: great movie, love the mindfuck concept. The last time I watched it was back in my drinkin' days and I did not remember half of it.

From Dusk Till Dawn: In a movie full of murderous crooks and evil vampires, the scariest thing in 2023 is Tarantino getting to blatantly indulge in his foot fetish onscreen.

Spoonful of Sugar: just as twisted as I remember it. Between this and Mandy I wish more movies had killers tripping balls on acid.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Phy posted:

Spoonful of Sugar: just as twisted as I remember it. Between this and Mandy I wish more movies had killers tripping balls on acid.

you've seen Beyond the Black Rainbow right

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Beyond the Black Rainbow is definitely a must watch if you like weird trippy movies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

VROOM VROOM posted:

you've seen Beyond the Black Rainbow right

Every new streaming service I get access to, I check. No such luck so far. I may have to "buy" it - is that a thing you can do? "Buy" a media?

(it's on my list, basically after Mandy and The Viewing I decided I am down for anything Panos Cosmatos wants to pipe into my eyeballs)

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
I definitely saw Beyond the Black rainbow when I was browsing though Tubi yesterday

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is indeed on tubi

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tubi is almost always the answer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not up here it isn't! :canada:

E: VVV yeah, I know. I've been waffling on getting one for a while.

Ee: you know what you folks are awesome, I feel like I just sorta casually mentioned I was chilly and within minutes y'all bundled me up, gave me a hot cup of cocoa and sat me in front of a merry little fire

Phy fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 19, 2023

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Phy posted:

Not up here it isn't! :canada:

I think you can just use a VPN and access the US Tubi.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Shrecknet posted:

just reminded me of the shudder exclusive Are We Not Cats? which is basically a slow burn romantic drama until the last ten minutes when it turn into the most hosed up body horror this side of Cronenberg.

CW:Pica

Oh man that movie was great. I spent the whole of the climax assuming that it was all some sort of hallucination, and then had the steady realisation that no, this is supposed to really be happening.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
No One Will Save You is good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thank god. I rewatched the trailer again and I’m super hyped.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The pastel halloween collection at Michael's this year is very much my poo poo.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hope I'm not the only one using this thread to stock up on ideas for stuff to watch next month.

Already up to 19 on the to-watch list, and that's without even having the bingo card for inspiration.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The new Children of the Corn is about corn politics.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The new Children of the Corn is about corn politics.

Have you ever heard of corn politics? Neither have I. Corn... doesn't have politics. They're very... brutal. No compassion, no compromise. We can't trust the corn. I'd like to become the first... corn politician. Y'see, I'd like to, but... I'm afraid, uh...

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
this is how you make children of the corn

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
if it doesn't have a guy going "IM NOT OWNED IM NOT OWNED" i dont want none

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Alan Smithee posted:

if it doesn't have a guy going "IM NOT OWNED IM NOT OWNED" i dont want none

When you're making children you don't want to be shrivelling.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Pansexual skeletons.

The limp wrists had me sold.

Target presents the Lisa Frank Halloween Collection

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

This reminds me, I have a question to ask about the October thread. I was having some fun finding little gifs to post along with each of the challenges but then I realized that maybe it would be kinda annoying for some people to have like 15 gifs on a single page? Especially considering it's the first page so people might need to go back to reference it?

How much of a thing is that? Would people rather just skip the gifs to avoid loading/data issues? It sounds like a dumb thing to waste time thinking about but I don't want people to be annoyed every time they need to go back and look at the list of challenges.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

This reminds me, I have a question to ask about the October thread. I was having some fun finding little gifs to post along with each of the challenges but then I realized that maybe it would be kinda annoying for some people to have like 15 gifs on a single page? Especially considering it's the first page so people might need to go back to reference it?

How much of a thing is that? Would people rather just skip the gifs to avoid loading/data issues? It sounds like a dumb thing to waste time thinking about but I don't want people to be annoyed every time they need to go back and look at the list of challenges.

There's going to be 3 "sets" of challenges, right (brand new, rewatch allowed, meta)? So instead of an individual gif per challenge listing, could you do one gif per set? Then you'd only need 3 on the page, and that might be less painful for people. (Personally, I don't care either way, but if you'd wanted to be respectful of people's bandwidth, that would be an option to keep the fun but limit the pain.)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Class3KillStorm posted:

There's going to be 3 "sets" of challenges, right (brand new, rewatch allowed, meta)? So instead of an individual gif per challenge listing, could you do one gif per set? Then you'd only need 3 on the page, and that might be less painful for people. (Personally, I don't care either way, but if you'd wanted to be respectful of people's bandwidth, that would be an option to keep the fun but limit the pain.)

It's actually two sets of challenges(spoiled if people don't want to know details until the 29th)

A set of individual challenges, with rewatches allowed for all of them

A set of meta challenges, one of which is that you have to watch 6 new-to-you films. The meta challenges can also overlap with any other challenge, so if you plan things out one film can count as completion of multiple challenges

The total # of movies you'd have to watch to complete them all will be as many as 31 but as few as maybe 15ish depending on how much you strategize.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It somehow came up in conversation but I told my therapist about Hnery Portrait of Serial Killer. He said he would watch it. LMAO

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Hollismason posted:

It somehow came up in conversation but I told my therapist about Hnery Portrait of Serial Killer. He said he would watch it. LMAO

It's my favorite horror movie, tied with Texas Chainsaw '74

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hollismason posted:

I would love to see how a therapist takes that conversation between Henry, his cousin and his girlfriend in the kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

next time he's going to recommend doubling your sessions