Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Bad Purchase posted:

the population of the settled systems is about 80% pirates, based on how many of them i’ve encountered compared to the number of people i’ve seen in cities. and that’s before considering that some of the people i’ve n cities may secretly be pirates.

i mean, the #1 job in 4th era skyrim is bandit, so this tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

It feels like the powers were added after the rest of the game was made

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol the powers what the gently caress

Spent 5 years on transporting fus ro dah to the game and 1 day making the enemies

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Lol the powers what the gently caress

Spent 5 years on transporting fus ro dah to the game and 1 day making the enemies

the fus ro dah code is extremely complex, especially in such a next generation engine

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

It feels like the powers were added after the rest of the game was made

every game with powers feels like this

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

GolfHole posted:

every game with powers feels like this

The recent Spider-Man and Batman games go hard tbh

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lol it seems like the critiques of the star field are coming out more and more

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if you played this on game pass go about your business, but if you paid money my instinct is to be mean to you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Triikan posted:

I don't get why everybody is buying the "games cost more to make so they need to cost more" when while it's true the budget is increasing, games have low marginal cost and are selling more copies than ever before, so there's actually zero reason a game shouldn't be getting cheaper besides companies wanting more money.

By the time you buy a game, they already made it. The workers were already underpaid and overworked and obviously don't get any kind of profit sharing or royalties from their work, lot just get laid off routinely. All buying a game does vaguely help some investors get a return on their gambling. That isn't a good reason to buy anything ever. Especially in an era where it's not like you can expect some sensible cause-and-effect by courting these investors as a consumer. Often a game being successful just means the company gets bought out or reshuffled and that success becomes the last good thing they ever make of they get to keep making at all.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

The desyncs running off a spinning drive are really astounding. It's ok tho, Todd addressed the optimization issues by suggesting I just might need to spend $2000 on my 3 year old computer cuz it's too old to run a Bethesda game.

Lmao why the gently caress does your 3 year old PC have spinning disc drives at all? Do you also have a punch card reader in that thing? Was it built as a joke? Is the whole thing made of stone and a small dinosaur is inside running on a hamster wheel to power it? Does your PC just like to dress up and cosplay historical reenactments of Y2K in the weekends?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if you played this on game pass go about your business, but if you paid money my instinct is to be mean to you

yup

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Lmao why the gently caress does your janky 3 year old PC have spinning disc drives at all? Do you also have a punch card reader in that thing? Was it built as a joke? Is the whole thing made of stone and a small dinosaur is inside running on a hamster wheel to power it? Does your PC just like to dress up and cosplay historical reenactments of Y2K in the weekends?

i put a 3 1/2" disk drive in my pc that i built in 2008 as a laffo joke. ive upgraded it many times since then, but the case has remained the same ever since. it has a cd disk drive too which is teh new floppy disk drive but i have em both :cool:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Lmao why the gently caress does your 3 year old PC have spinning disc drives at all? Do you also have a punch card reader in that thing? Was it built as a joke? Is the whole thing made of stone and a small dinosaur is inside running on a hamster wheel to power it? Does your PC just like to dress up and cosplay historical reenactments of Y2K in the weekends?

My pc has 3 ssds and one large hard drive. It had more hard drives but they died (one of them was more than a decade old from high school) the hardrive stores my photos and music and poo poo that doesn't need to be on an ssd.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i put a 3 1/2" disk drive in my pc that i built in 2008 as a laffo joke. ive upgraded it many times since then, but the case has remained the same ever since. it has a cd disk drive too which is teh new floppy disk drive but i have em both :cool:

Yeah it's a combo of old hard drive inertia, having a bunch of storage and I have a DVD drive too

Starfield wasn't worth deleting stuff or transferring stuff for after 6 hours, I get capped by comcast

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I had a Roswell thor 2 case for a while

I replaced it 6 months ago because it was very ugly in 2023

Lol @ 8 hdd spaces and 6 disc drive slots

(((Molex fan connectors baby)))

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yeah my case is a loving monster compared to the modern form factor. current cases are tiny cause of the mini mobos, ssds, and no physical drives. but all cower before my imposing black monolith (no rgb bullshit)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why, you don't want your room to look like it was taken over by carnies?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Anyway, HDDs are still useful if you need to store large amounts of legally obtained video files and iso images

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

2023 is the year Bethesda game studios was outdone by a K-pop Bloodborne Pinnochio and it owns

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

... K-pop Bloodborne Pinnochio ...

What?

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

The Lies of P

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Saalkin posted:

My pc has 3 ssds and one large hard drive. It had more hard drives but they died (one of them was more than a decade old from high school) the hardrive stores my photos and music and poo poo that doesn't need to be on an ssd.

I ripped the HDD cage out of my current tower to make room for cable management. Or well, it's a nest of cables sort of out of the way of the moving parts anyway.

I listen to music on YouTube and I've got a friend with a plex server who has the absurd HDD archive array so I don't gotta bother.

I'm hosed when the Internet goes out since my only media is on a twenty year old external hard drive with equally old music and movies. I don't even usually resort to plugging it in because it's so slow and also shuffling usbs around is annoying

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Gatto Grigio posted:

The Lies of P

i haven't played but I read that the game revolves around p-organs lmao

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Buce posted:

i haven't played but I read that the game revolves around p-organs lmao

Puppets are automatons that have their own aasimov's laws, like for example puppets can't lie. Except Pinnochio is a special puppet that can lie which lets him do things like bypass anti-puppet security systems, which just ask you if you're a puppet before killing you

You're guided by a magical lantern named Gemini Cricket

The loading screen says "now lying..." instead of now loading and when you die the text that announces it says "LIE OR DIE"

You save geppetto from a killer in a donkey costume and then you can put the donkey costume on Pinnochio

Every time you lie Pinnochio clutches his chest and the screen says "your springs are reacting..."

Your power comes from special clockwork organs called P-Organs and also a special robot arm like Sekiro

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MrQwerty posted:

The desyncs running off a spinning drive are really astounding. It's ok tho, Todd addressed the optimization issues by suggesting I just might need to spend $2000 on my 3 year old computer cuz it's too old to run a Bethesda game.

Unless your mobo is obliteratingly ancient you can buy a sub 1tb SSD (or even 1tb!!) for like less than 50 bucks. You can buy this today, have it tomorrow, do an install that takes less than 10 minutes, and now your computer is less decrepit as gently caress.

I know a whole near 20 page thread bring literally nothing but whining about 1 game is going to be rear end but now people have run out of actual tangible complaints to the point that they blame the game for them like using logs to float the data across a river that runs thru the center of their house or some poo poo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Gatto Grigio posted:

The Lies of P

looks like poo poo

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i haven’t run out of tangible complaints, in fact i’m holding them in my hand right now

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

see that complaint? you can hold it

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Has anyone considered just how good the world building is in Starfield yet??

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

edit: wow didn't expect this comment to blow up. now that i have your attention let me redirect you to my etsy store full of fdm 3d printed kitsch

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think anyone in this thread understands just how hilarious Chunks are, I'm ashamed of you goons

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The can-unk brand is way more memorable then chunks!!!

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
thanks for the updoots everyone! keep em coming!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My tangible complaint is that there should be even more brand aware humorous content in the acclaimed video game Starfield, available at retailers now

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
to those who developed the game i'm not saying you did a bad job i'm just saying the game sucks rear end ok

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

edit: wow didn't expect this comment to blow up. now that i have your attention let me redirect you to my etsy store full of fdm 3d printed kitsch

Love reading all these replies to my post XD

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Love reading all these replies to my post XD

Chunks

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Just when I thought Bethesda Game Studios (GOAT) couldn't get ANY more creative they throw CHUNKS at me. How do they come up with this stuff? Chunks of food... that are flavored? Holy poo poo I did not expect that XD

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Chunks being one of the more memorably bits of Starfields setting is incredibly damning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Just when I thought Bethesda Game Studios (GOAT) couldn't get ANY more creative they throw CHUNKS at me. How do they come up with all these amazing original ideas?

Bethesda could have at least tried to steal the mildly humorous food items from The Outer Worlds.