Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Should I carry Richardson on my roster for bye week 5 (and maybe beyond) if I have Herbert.

Other droppable players I have is Dillon, JSN and Jamaal Williams.

I need some RB depth. Could go after Roschon or a hand cuff like E.Mitchell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
FAAB chat - yeah, I'm going to push for something like this next year or just bow out of the leagues that don't do this. I find it extremely irritating that I'm forced to commit to watching all the games in case one of my dudes get's injured and I need to pounce RIGHT NOW on a replacement. It's stupidly stressful.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Green Gloves posted:

Should I carry Richardson on my roster for bye week 5 (and maybe beyond) if I have Herbert.

Other droppable players I have is Dillon, JSN and Jamaal Williams.

I need some RB depth. Could go after Roschon or a hand cuff like E.Mitchell.

I do not normally carry 2 QBs but I would not drop Richardson. He looks like a legit every week starter (for fantasy). If nothing else you can use him as trade bait. QB is looking rough so far. Rodgers is dead, Fields and Watson might suck, Burrow might miss time, Lawrence is having a rough start, Daniel Jones is terrifying... there's likely someone in your league who wants him (or Herbert if you want to try and swing a bigger deal).

Anti-Hero posted:

FAAB chat - yeah, I'm going to push for something like this next year or just bow out of the leagues that don't do this. I find it extremely irritating that I'm forced to commit to watching all the games in case one of my dudes get's injured and I need to pounce RIGHT NOW on a replacement. It's stupidly stressful.

Just for the record while FAAB is the best and fairest waiver system, you should also be able to set this up with any waiver style if your leaguemates hate FAAB for some dumb reason. Like "priority resets to reverse order of standings every week" or "whoever has top priority keeps it until they make a claim". The part that is weird is players not being locked once their game starts. In any sane league they lock and all attempted adds go through the normal claim process next week. Your commish has completely turned off waivers.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Just for the record while FAAB is the best and fairest waiver system, you should also be able to set this up with any waiver style if your leaguemates hate FAAB for some dumb reason. Like "priority resets to reverse order of standings every week" or "whoever has top priority keeps it until they make a claim". The part that is weird is players not being locked once their game starts. In any sane league they lock and all attempted adds go through the normal claim process next week. Your commish has completely turned off waivers.

In my keeper league that's absolutely correct. Commish hates the waiver system and limits it to 5 roster moves/week. You'd think he'd be favoring this system, making moves constantly. But no, he makes less than 10 moves a season. I've asked him about going to waivers and he said "no, I don't like them. And we won't be doing it" very forcefully when I've brought it up in years past.

My redraft league has a waiver system with "whoever has top priority keeps it until they make a claim", but again they don't lock players once their game starts AND it's a rolling waiver system that resets multiple times a week. So Ford was a free agent and was scooped up (funny enough, by the commish) 1 minute after Chubb got hurt and my dumb rear end announced it in our group text. I immediately called hiim a fucker when he pulled that move.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Players not locking once a game starts is just unfathomable to me and completely takes any fairness out of the waiver/FAAB system.

Also no offense if they’re anyones buddies but any commish who just makes definitive league decisions based on their own opinions without at least opening it up to a league vote is an instant bail for me.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's kind of lovely. Ford is currently a free agent in my league and I bet everyone is trying to pick him up (including myself). But the only chance I get him is if everyone else just doesn't bother.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Whoreson Welles posted:

Players not locking once a game starts is just unfathomable to me and completely takes any fairness out of the waiver/FAAB system.

Also no offense if they’re anyones buddies but any commish who just makes definitive league decisions based on their own opinions without at least opening it up to a league vote is an instant bail for me.

It was my first FF league from 2017, and he's a college buddy. I'll give it another shot this offseason and if no traction I'll bail. FF is fun but the older I get the less I have time to manage my rosters constantly.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Fantasy Football is an abject lesson in how rules and settings can make or break a game, especially if you're trying new formats. The game is super-customizable, but that also makes it easy for one misplaced setting to bork the whole balance of the game.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm having a good time with FF and something I plan on doing more, but I mostly just spend time on it in the mornings when i'm drinking coffee and browsing. I didn't even watch yesterdays games and came back to see that horrific Chubbs injury. If you browse Reddit or something like that, I joined the fantasyfootball subreddit, which just feeds in reports to something I'm already browsing. There was a podcast I was gonna try and listen to but that never happened. I try and not spend more than like 30 minutes a week on looking into things and adjusting my lineups, so it's at a healthy level so far.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Anti-Hero posted:

My redraft league has a waiver system with "whoever has top priority keeps it until they make a claim", but again they don't lock players once their game starts AND it's a rolling waiver system that resets multiple times a week. So Ford was a free agent and was scooped up (funny enough, by the commish) 1 minute after Chubb got hurt and my dumb rear end announced it in our group text. I immediately called hiim a fucker when he pulled that move.

I’m still fascinated by this. So how does it work? Like when Chubb got hurt mid game can I just drop him from my starters and pick up Ford and plug him in while the game is going? Or are there limits to it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m still fascinated by this. So how does it work? Like when Chubb got hurt mid game can I just drop him from my starters and pick up Ford and plug him in while the game is going? Or are there limits to it.

There is no way you can do that, and if so, that's not a league i'd play in. Oh this person just got injured or is at like 3 pts, but this guy on my bench has 30, so I can just swap them? No. No way.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Whoreson Welles posted:

If there are no waivers, then you can drop someone off your bench and pick up an unowned player even if his game is going. Like this person probably dropped Elijah Mitchell or some other bench trash the moment Chubb got hurt. It's moronic and forces you to watch every minute of every game like a hawk.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

coronaball posted:

If there are no waivers, then you can drop someone off your bench and pick up an unowned player even if his game is going. Like this person probably dropped Elijah Mitchell or some other bench trash the moment Chubb got hurt. It's moronic and forces you to watch every minute of every game like a hawk.

Bingo. Benches are not locked (which I think it's just a Yahoo thing). Starting rosters absolutely are.

So in both my leagues yes, I'm basically forced to watch all the games like a hawk or just be cool with whatever happens. You win some, you lose some. Sucks I missed out on Ford as a Chubb owner, but I've got decent RB depth and I've made other moves that shore up some of my weaker positions. Meh.

No money is involved, either. It's a gently caress off league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My Yahoo league has no waivers and you can add players that have games going on. Yeah, so Chubb got hurt and now it’s a race to get Ford

Just have to drop someone from the bench if you have a full roster and of course that game’s points don’t count

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1704229348109082866?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

Kick it! *plays Beasie Boys and I rush to the waiver wire*

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
The talk I've seen that fully anticipated that move still thinks Ford would be RB1. Hunt is the eternal RB2.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

The talk I've seen that fully anticipated that move still thinks Ford would be RB1. Hunt is the eternal RB2.

My consolation (maybe?) for missing on Ford was grabbing Hunt.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The Browns are also apparently talking to Cam Akers, but looks like about 5 other teams are as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you rather drop

Rashee Rice
Or
Rashid Shaheed

For DeAndre Swift or Jerome Ford? 1 ppr scoring

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you rather drop

Rashee Rice
Or
Rashid Shaheed

Rashee

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you rather drop

Rashee Rice
Or
Rashid Shaheed

Rice for Ford. Not even close imo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

anyone doing bestballs or anything beyond home leagues?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

abelwingnut posted:

Someone just stole Silly Burrito's Tony Pollard and stuck him with Sean Tucker in the Blue Shell Goon League. It's a good time.

I'm also running another Blue Shell League among friends where Justin Jefferson was just stolen in exchange for Garrett Wilson, and that was being generous.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

KingKapalone posted:

Wondering who of my flyers I could drop for any waivers I'm able to get. It's a 3WR keeper league so I got some rookies in the draft. I'll include the round I'd keep them in next year if that came around.

Tyjae Spears - 13
Mingo - 13
Treylon Burks - 9
Rashid Shaheed - 7
Mims - 12

Was thinking it would be Shaheed. Going to try and get Ford (maybe 40-60 FAAB?). Probably get Tank Dell back too since I drafted and dropped before the season started since I needed a Kicker.

Reposting my who I should drop list since we're back on that chat again. Mingo had so many snaps and targets, but was probably the least effective so far.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

I did some best ball drafts over the summer and I extremely casually play some low stakes DFS on draftkings

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

KingKapalone posted:

Reposting my who I should drop list since we're back on that chat again. Mingo had so many snaps and targets, but was probably the least effective so far.

Mingo just pawn in game of football.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yeah Mingo is the drop easy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Mingo just pawn in game of football.

A Mindo ate mah bah bay

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Now they are saying Jamaal Williams will be out "for some time". If you have any good RB, seems like you are sitting on gold.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm glad I decided to check out RB stats, apparently Rhamondre Stevenson, Alexander Mattison and Tyler Allgeier are all still within the top 20 RBs because of all the injuries. Maybe I should be rethinking how I want to trade.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If I wanted to try to buy low on Pierce what would be a good WR to tease the Pierce-haver? I feel like I'm overloaded on WRs

I have
Keenan Allen
Olave
Lockett
McLaurin
Pickens

(I have Watson too but he's not relevant atm)

I feel like Pickens isn't going to see much play in my lineup and is less reliable than the rest?

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 20, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Someone just stole Silly Burrito's Tony Pollard and stuck him with Sean Tucker in the Blue Shell Goon League. It’s a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJzK3QQl4k

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

If I wanted to try to buy low on Pierce what would be a good WR to tease the Pierce-haver? I feel like I'm overloaded on WRs

I have
Keenan Allen
Olave
Lockett
McLaurin
Pickens

(I have Watson too but he's not relevant atm)

I feel like Pickens isn't going to see much play in my lineup and is less reliable than the rest?

Sell high on Pickens and see if he bites.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

abelwingnut posted:

I’m in hella underdog best balls. Not much kyren or puka but I was drafting the poo poo out of Ford all summer.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Is the move for Cam Akers just to sit on him and see where he ends up? I started Mostert and Hill last week and I have Ekeler too. I'm leaning that way instead of putting in a big bid for Ford. I have pretty good WR depth to start in the flex since I just blew 40% of my budget last week on Nacua and Hill. I am however playing the Chubb owner this week so it might be worth it to try to snatch Ford from him. I guess I'd probably drop Charbonnet or Smith-Schuster for him although someone dropped Mims last week so I might try to drop Juju for him. It's probably more of a budget thing than needing either of those guys on my team.

And it's probably not worth putting in a waiver claim on Wilson or Mayfield with Burrow as my current qb and just grab someone later in the week if it turns out he's not going to play, right?

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 20, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

standard scoring, would you rather:

bijan
allgeier
deebo
dotson

or

ken walker
charbonnet
jahmyr gibbs
mark andrews
george pickens

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

pmchem posted:

standard scoring, would you rather:

bijan
allgeier
deebo
dotson

or

ken walker
charbonnet
jahmyr gibbs
mark andrews
george pickens

Option #1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

i need 5 points from Miles Sanders to win.

everyone who has ever owned Miles Sanders, including me, know what is going to happen.

from the gameday thread. Why oh why is this guy on my team once again

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'd personally grab Ford and keep Akers and used Ford until Akers gets a trade decision, but at that point you've got Ford, who basically everyone is going for and then Akers, who is still standout and could have some high value depending where he goes. Every single player in my league is going for Ford, including people that own the remaining big 3, but it at least gives you some trade leverage. I guess your worse case is Akers just doesn't get picked up (can't see that happening) or he winds up on the Browns along with Ford and you have a split RB position.

I just don't see wanting to get rid of Akers right now unless you have a good trade and if you can get Ford, you get Ford. I know things are questionable with Akers but so many teams are looking at him because of the lack of RBs. He kind of got this weird scenario of everyone in his position getting injured and him being available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Yeah I think I'm just going to put in a bid to keep people honest with Ford, like $25 or something. If I get him great if I don't at least no one stole him for cheap.