Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

yuck

already missing the original BABBY BABY BABYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Endorph posted:

the female vocalist sounds very fandub

Lol I did have this thought earlier, yeah

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
The instrumental part is good, might even be better than the original but I'll need to hear the full song for that. The vocals? Not a fan.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

persona 3 ost is the best of the modern personas and i really hope people who only touched p5 will play this remake

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The remake kinda sucks so far though.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Clarste posted:

The remake kinda sucks so far though.

Well obviously, the one feature everyone wanted didn't make it in.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Don't worry, we will get the Adachi cameo

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arist posted:

Someone posted the chorus from the new arrangement of Mass Destruction:

https://twitter.com/NSuperGamerGuy/status/1704144564439662664

Ehhhhhhh, it's kinda lost its edge without Yumi Kawamura

Hmm, not a fan lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
drat, i didnt know i have so much thoughts on how people say the word baby

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This new person says baby, while the last person said baybay. The new version is very much inferior due to this.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
^^lmao, great minds

Arist posted:

Someone posted the chorus from the new arrangement of Mass Destruction:

https://twitter.com/NSuperGamerGuy/status/1704144564439662664

Ehhhhhhh, it's kinda lost its edge without Yumi Kawamura

Surprised at how much it bothers me that the new chorus singer says "baby" instead of "baybeh"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The important part of P3 is that the French phrases are pronounced correctly now.

An entire generation of people who learned 'tres bien' from the original Mitsuru can now stop embarrassing themselves in front of native French speakers.

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)

Tired Moritz posted:

Don't worry, we will get the Adachi cameo
Weeeeell, according to atlus, he worked in the Iwatodai city center before, so...

Also, new trailer:
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1704420132896821490

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Trailer 3 in English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6yOfG3jFgA

I'm happy to see that STREGA's role is being expanded upon, they were utter pussies and a complete waste of everyone's time in the original.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Adrianics posted:

I'm happy to see that STREGA's role is being expanded upon, they were utter pussies and a complete waste of everyone's time in the original.

They killed 1.5 party members and got through most of their plans, they're more successful than most RPG villains.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miasmacloud posted:

Weeeeell, according to atlus, he worked in the Iwatodai city center before, so...

Also, new trailer:
https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/1704420132896821490

the real lore i need is who has the pride pin on their bag

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

They killed 1.5 party members and got through most of their plans, they're more successful than most RPG villains.

Yeah, and they also sucked

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I liked Strega conceptually but Chidori was the only one that got any sort of semblance of a character and even then just barely.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

HootTheOwl posted:

I doubt you'll need it and it will be like one of those costumes in p5r that changed the soundtrack

One of these options is free (okay I'm just assuming the costume will cost money)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I liked Strega conceptually but Chidori was the only one that got any sort of semblance of a character and even then just barely.

I think Takaya has a personality, it is just that his personality is absolute shithead nihilist literal death cult member who is basically the voice for the main antagonist. Jin is the one whose entire personality is "kind of an rear end in a top hat."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Back on the subject of music, if that cover of When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars at the end of the new trailer is any indication, they're using different vocalists for each track, which kind of harms the musical identity of the game, imo.

Also, the vocals in that cover of When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars... :whitewater:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I adore Takaya's methhead Jesus vibe, but that is also literally the only thing I remember about Strega.

e: ok, and also that Chidori's weapon is an axe, that's two positives

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There's also some Tartarus gameplay.

There's a command called Theurgia, which might be new, maybe?

Also Baton Passing is back.

Shuffle Time also seems to be the P4 incarnation of it (so you get to freely pick the card).

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 20, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Theurgia is clearly some sort of character-specific special attack, that's the weird bar next to everyone's heads in battle.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arist posted:

Theurgia is clearly some sort of character-specific special attack, that's the weird bar next to everyone's heads in battle.

Yeah they showed off Junpei's. Looks pretty sick.

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)
The "Personality" section on Junpei's in the TGS footage mentions that he gets hyped when he lands crits so I guess that's his additional way of building Theurgy/Theurgia. He has some kind of critical (rate?) boost too.

The protagonist appears to have Fusion spells as his (the one in the screenshot is Cadenza). Personality just says you build up power (gauge?) after summoning.

miasmacloud fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 20, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wonder if they'll change the way fusion spells work from FES/P3P then, because the original version of having both Personas was extremely situational and not suited for building meter for a big flashy move like that, and I don't think I ever used fusion spells in P3P outside of maybe a free Cadenza at the start of the game? Changing them to items was weird.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I hope Mitsuru’s way of building the gauge is Marin Karin and nothing else

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Wonder if they'll change the way fusion spells work from FES/P3P then, because the original version of having both Personas was extremely situational and not suited for building meter for a big flashy move like that, and I don't think I ever used fusion spells in P3P outside of maybe a free Cadenza at the start of the game? Changing them to items was weird.

Probably. If I *had* to pick I'd say that either you unlock new fusion skills as you unlock Persona or there's a static "list" of skills and two different demons unlock different skill from the list based on their race (basically how fusion works), probably with a couple of 'special' ones for certain combos.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh so they turn Junpei into Chie? Is he gonna punt enemies into the sky as well

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MechaX posted:

I hope Mitsuru’s way of building the gauge is Marin Karin and nothing else

If it's based just on usage then it would probably charge way too quickly, and if it's based on actually landing the ailment, then, well, lmao

When I started my replay of FES I half-believed the Marin Karin thing was just a meme and it was being overstated because I hadn't played FES since like 2009. Nope!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I bet Orgia Mode is now going to be a special buff Aigis builds up to.

.. oh, you know what'd be neat? If characters gain or change their buildup method after their Personas change/big plot beats. Ken goes from getting charge from killing to getting charge from buffing/healing.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Adrianics posted:

Show us the scenes of Jin furiously arguing on forums and using SEO and Youtube algorithm to turn Strega into a nationally-famous cult.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

oh so they turn Junpei into Chie? Is he gonna punt enemies into the sky as well

It's probably building off the Vorpal Blade crit memes from the original.

I'm going to make a wild guess that everyone can build meter by doing damage or exploiting weaknesses, but each character also can fill the gauge with other actions. Like Yukari can also fill by healing, Akihiko by debuffing, etc.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mitsuru will absolutely gain meter when freezing. Koromaru could use like, on dodges and have something that taunts enemies, to make use of his original stat spread.

Shinjiro will gain meter by dying, of course

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)
I really want Mitsuru to gain meter by casting Marin Karin...

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Liking the revamped party member status screens.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Guess the big number on the status screen is something like that character's SEES ID number, since it seems to correspond to the order that the characters joined the group (in terms of the story, not the order they join your party in the game).
Probably safe to say that in this game the fusion spells will not require you to have the personas in your stock, otherwise the MC would almost never get to use his version of the Theurgy limit break thing just like you barely ever could use the Fusion Spells in the original P3.
I imagine it will make the early game a bit harder if it's a limit break type thing you can only do when a gauge is full, since IIRC Cadenza was your early full-party heal and it took a while before Yukari learned Media or you got access to a Persona that had it.

Strega is lame and nobody cares about them, but the trailer reminded me of something I forgot about having not played the game in ages. Why doesn't the Hanged Man shadow on the bridge attack them when they are standing there with it? IIRC Strega was not "allied" with Nyx/the shadows (seeing as shadows were just like a force of nature that can't be reasoned with), and were just a rogue group of Persona users.
Also wonder if they will make the members of Strega, and the full moon shadows, less of a complete joke in combat. That was always a really weird thing about P3, outside of the final boss all the antagonists which got huge buildup in the story were total pushovers and the real threats were like a random table on some floor of Tartarus.

E: I think I forgot that Strega was even in the game at all until they were in the trailer today. Oh yeah those guys were in the game too.

Item Getter fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 20, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Item Getter posted:

Guess the big number on the status screen is something like that character's SEES ID number, since it seems to correspond to the order that the characters joined the group (in terms of the story, not the order they join your party in the game).
Probably safe to say that in this game the fusion spells will not require you to have the personas in your stock, otherwise the MC would almost never get to use his version of the Theurgy limit break thing just like you barely ever could use the Fusion Spells in the original P3.
I imagine it will make the early game a bit harder if it's a limit break type thing you can only do when a gauge is full, since IIRC Cadenza was your early full-party heal and it took a while before Yukari learned Media or you got access to a Persona that had it.

Strega is lame and nobody cares about them, but the trailer reminded me of something I forgot about having not played the game in ages. Why doesn't the Hanged Man shadow on the bridge attack them when they are standing there with it? IIRC Strega was not "allied" with Nyx/the shadows (seeing as shadows were just like a force of nature that can't be reasoned with), and were just a rogue group of Persona users.
Also wonder if they will make the members of Strega, and the full moon shadows, less of a complete joke in combat. That was always a really weird thing about P3, outside of the final boss all the antagonists which got huge buildup in the story were total pushovers and the real threats were like a random table on some floor of Tartarus.

Strega have literally already accepted the inevitability of death and welcome it. I'm pretty sure they are bottom tier targets for the shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)
The gauge in battle - which changes colors from blue to red as it fills up - seems to be a representation of the red Evoker cartridge on the new box art. The UI for Theurgy also shows the characters shooting themselves in the head with red guns and they have that red eye effect in the animation. Said blue-green-orange-red gauges are also missing from the party icons in the screenshots of the early levels of Tartarus where it's only the protag, Yukari and Junpei. The arm bands and Evoker swaps don't seem to happen until Fuuka joins (I think this was shown in the 2nd trailer), thus Theurgy must be linked to the new Evokers and armbands. So you wouldn't have the new Cadenza limit break until then anyway? I believe Cadenza was only 50% in P3 too, not 100%. It's 50% in that Reload screenshot too.