Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know tho that for Philly people it hard to think about anything west of like west Chester as being a real place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If u can work out remote or hybrid u could even consider jersey, Delaware, or maryland

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

My gf works remote for an office like 2.5 hours away and only ever goes in once a month or so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

annapolis is a bit of a haul but you could easy mak it to Dover Trenton or Harrisburg

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

veepfake posted:

i just don't get how such an in-depth interview process could ever feel out how a person like that works. maybe it reduces the likelihood of ending up with someone like that, but, i mean, that's still just a lot of time and resources to end up leaving it to chance anyway

I'm really nice, we should start a consulting firm. In particular, I have it on good authority that being a consultant that does Oracle "NetSuite" work can bring in a poo poo ton of money, and what you do is write SQL queries and some JavaScript.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ben Nerevarine posted:

hey sulk are the nerves at least getting better leading up to each interview?

yes and no. the default attitude is often "welp i'm 3-4+ steps in but i'm assuming poo poo will go nowhere because that's what's happened every other time" and i've been trying to make strides to improve my prep work, but i still get bullshit rejections after the first call even if the recruiter/hiring manager is very responsive. it's ups and downs.

previously i would never be out of a job for more than 1-2 months but it's been almost a year now. i understand that i could be doing some things wrong and may have taken advantage of a bullish market, but that doesn't account for being able to find new jobs well before covid. the market is unbelievably bad and for every 100 applications, 85 of them will never get any sort of a response. my network is mostly people at faang level companies or startups that are dying and laid people off so there's nothing to be found there.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

I know tho that for Philly people it hard to think about anything west of like west Chester as being a real place

it's an hour drive from philly, more for sure if you were doing a commute

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

the gently caress does anyt of this have to do with tremnp

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
sucks, dude. Godspeed in your search, something’ll give sooner or later

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

working it for the state is good too because you can retire at like 58 or whatever and then keep working full time (if you want ) for the contractors working with the state

or work for them even earlier idk

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

he invented computers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

my man do you want a job or not

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

Just arrived in Iowa. What a great place. Heading to venue now!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

my man do you want a job or not

the only company in west chester is qvc ???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you could also move once you got a job

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

AppleNippleBOB posted:

he makes such things possible for us all

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i would rather jump off the ben franklin bridge than commute for two hours each day

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

the only company in west chester is qvc ???

talking about Harrisburg me amigo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

you could also move once you got a job

stuck here for better or worse

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

talking about Harrisburg me amigo

oh lmao. i do not want to live there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

🤷‍♀️

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

philly's tech market is generally poo poo

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Butter is already spreadable???

probably for weirdos who keep their butter in the fridge

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

He also got to work from home when he was the president.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

triple sulk posted:

The Philly to Harrisburg corridor has half decent train service, by US standards at least

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

I assume that everyone in Philly is like Charlie from it’s always sunny and they don’t believe that Pittsburgh is in the same state.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

VideoKid posted:

I assume that everyone in Philly is like Charlie from it’s always sunny and they don’t believe that Pittsburgh is in the same state.

it really is like that

it’s one of the best jokes they did

Philly people think Harrisburg is like in Indiana

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bethamphetamine posted:

Just arrived in Iowa. What a great place.

You don't hear that too often.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

VideoKid posted:

absolutely true

I went to Lancaster once for a wedding and was surprised to find that it’s a place with like… parking garages and stuff

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dads friend steve posted:

lmao that this the thread full of leftist computer touchers ran out a guy for “panhandling”

it was a bad email address imo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
PA ends at Valley Forge

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dads friend steve posted:

lmao that this the thread full of leftist computer touchers ran out a guy for “panhandling”

The sakkman probe is a disgrace

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

triple sulk posted:

well this thing is coming up so wish me luck that i don't get some screwball questions and gently caress up. i really need it

yeah man, it sounds like you got the skills and the know-how to get through a shitload of interviews, and if they've put you through that, they're probs pretty interested.

and if they do try to gently caress you up, maybe it's a place you wouldn't wanna work for anyway. but, i get not caring about that as long as you can get money. i hope it works out, you got this dude.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this guy's fuckin' voice lmao

https://i.imgur.com/USR04D0.mp4

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

smarxist posted:

The sakkman probe is a disgrace

yup! kb has lost the plot. unfit to mod imo. bring in new ppl.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hello VideoKid how are you doing today

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr Hootington posted:

No offense but here is the meanest thing I've ever posted and it is directed at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Sakkman needs to change up the script. paypalfunding1@hotmail.com or something