Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I mean, we still got a whole shitload of old Covid test just sitting in stockpiles, might as well extend the expiration date again and just give them out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Psycho Society posted:

jesus christ. you first, dipshit.

Seriously, humanity didn't deserve this, we're all vulnerable to propaganda.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

tangy yet delightful posted:

Just got 6 test to treat tests delivered to my home via UPS next day air, no tracking # email lol

Slight problem though, all of them expired on 5/11/23 and this is with stickers over the original package expiration date.. guess I'll try and contact them about getting "the tools" that "we have".

How do I request tests from there?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

humanity doesnt deserve this, but amerikkka on the other hand,,,,

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The people most responsible for all this will suffer the fewest consequences :rubby:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mycomancy posted:

We, as a species, deserve what's coming for us in the next decade.

Hey everyone, this is your reminder to stop posting poo poo like this if you want to keep this thread around. Anything that appears to approve of the deaths of millions of people isn't going to fly here. We really shouldn't have to say this at all.

Thanks!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

Hey everyone, this is your reminder to stop posting poo poo like this if you want to keep this thread around. Anything that appears to approve of the deaths of millions of people isn't going to fly here. We really shouldn't have to say this at all.

Thanks!

Alright sorry I'll edit the post

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pingui posted:

Okay, this is important stuff, but I would urge anyone to stick to the quoted part here and not read the quotes in the study, unless you are absolutely at the top of your mental game and don't have children. I am pretty resilient and don't have kids, but am going to tap out for a bit. It is very :nms:
"Impact of Long Covid on the school experiences of children and young people: a qualitative study"

I read the whole thing and imo this is something every teacher and healthcare worker needs to read too. It's a harrowing study, yes, but I doubt any of us finds the results surprising. Ignoring the plight of sick kids is just far too easy

e: CYP means "children and young people"

U-DO Burger has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Sep 20, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They tested once with an expired RAT they found in the trunk of their car, what else do you want them to do?

They did not test.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
What’s CYP in this context?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bastard Tetris posted:

"children and young persons" i think

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I will never ever forgive or forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpyD7i-C0o&t=1141s

quote:

First of all, kids don’t get COVID very often. It’s unusual for that to happen. The evidence so far is, children aren’t the people most likely to get COVID — number one.

Number two, we haven’t even done tests yet on children as to whether or not the certain vaccines would work or not work, or what is needed. So you’re the safest group of people in the whole world — number one.

Number two, you’re not likely to be able to be exposed to something and spread it to mommy or daddy. And it’s not likely mommy and daddy are able to spread it to you either. So I wouldn’t worry about it, baby. I promise you.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bastard Tetris posted:

oh whoops it means "children and young people"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pingui posted:

Okay, this is important stuff, but I would urge anyone to stick to the quoted part here and not read the quotes in the study, unless you are absolutely at the top of your mental game and don't have children. I am pretty resilient and don't have kids, but am going to tap out for a bit. It is very :nms:
"Impact of Long Covid on the school experiences of children and young people: a qualitative study"

every politician and healthcare administrator who championed getting people back to work and back into schools in spite of the mountains of evidence should be force-implanted with an aural device droning a permanent constant playlist of just these primary source interviews

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

U-DO Burger posted:

oh whoops it means "children and young people"

Awesome, I thought it was the metabolic pathway for a moment and my brain rebooted

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

looking back it probably broke my mind a bit to see Biden lie so blatantly to a kid and the press tripping over themselves to lavish him with praise for it

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
To be fair, Biden didn’t smell her while saying that.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Vax saga update: I called Walgreens again to try to get the shot through the bridge program, but the pharmacist said they only offer it for uninsured people and that many of the larger insurance companies had updated their coverage over the last 24 hours. She looked up my plan and it covers the booster now, so I booked over there to get arm juice. Mission accomplished.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

So far, booster side effects are pretty similar to last year. Crummy night's sleep followed by sore arm and maybe a little fatigue/headache. So much better than being flattened with 2nd shot and first booster.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Just had a coworker full-on forget a conversation we had five days ago. He didn't really believe that we had just talked about this so I forwarded him the whole thing, he seemed surprised and then he mentioned he just had covid and maybe that was related. I said that can do stuff to your brain, then he said "what are you gonna do, it's just like the flu now," and then sort of repeated that a few times

:rubby:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Kinda semi-related, but even in a completely different area, when the going get tough, just let give up and call it endemic and learn how to just manage it instead

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1704308470093160673

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my wife has QR codes she can scan in her building that will give her air quality information localized to the area she's in.

at my work my desk drawer front fell off when I opened it today.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

at my work my desk drawer front fell off when I opened it today.
Sounds like the drawer has good air circulation at least

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
my test2treat tests arrived

it’s one test per box

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just how big are the swabs???

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Oh yeah I meant to say mine showed up today too but then something funnier happened. Still waiting on that tracking though

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Prescription for treatment*

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

So what’s the top tier vax this round? Is it novavax?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Coldrice posted:

whichever one your local pharmacy was able to get its hands on! lol

but seriously. whichever one your local pharmacy was able to get its hands on. the situation is like a full reservoir with no plumbing connected to it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Coldrice posted:

novavax claims it’s better at fighting off future variants, there isn’t any evidence yet that it does, but I’m willing to give it a try

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
gunwife was not on the list for the client retreat this time

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Just got this year's jab at a different pharmacy than I've used in the past and will go there from now on.

That previous pharmacy that is a milw fro my house (Kinney's in VT) always required a huge time sink as they verified my insurance (why?) and other bits. It seemed like no matter if I got there 10 or 30 minutes earlier, all of the slow rear end paperwork took me well beyond my scheduled slot and I could never figure out why it was all necessary.

This year I went Walgreens in a town 10 miles away. I was expecting a similar paperwork mill and couldn't believe that within 5 minutes of checking in, I was getting both of my jabs (also got flu) without having to show my insurance.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

welp, my mom has a sore throat, although she tested negative. since my wife had symptoms for 6 days before she popped positive though, i'm not exactly feeling hopeful. meh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember the whole confusion over how many tests 1 test is

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
speaking of free tests

https://twitter.com/luckytran/status/1704556963718156797?s=46

BIDEN 2024 LETS GOOOOOO

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

How do I request tests from there?

https://www.test2treat.org/

But I'm not sure if they've opened registration back up, I heard at one point they shut it down due to running out or something.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Vox Nihili posted:

Thanks!

anti-misanthropy-posting policies should be standard in CSPAM as a rule.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

StratGoatCom posted:

anti-misanthropy-posting policies should be standard in CSPAM as a rule.

Please

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

tangy yet delightful posted:

https://www.test2treat.org/

But I'm not sure if they've opened registration back up, I heard at one point they shut it down due to running out or something.

I tried this out yesterday after catching up on the thread. It said I didn't qualify. Are goons going the way of the bandit when registering if they don't 'qualify'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/cheyennehaslett/status/1704532226447175976

this is both ominous, and lol lmao if Biden is going to get exploded by the same poo poo that killed Turup's reelection campaign.