Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Good for losing mob aggro.

Mid fight yeah. If someone else isn't near you, they just walk away slowly then re-aggro back on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

comedyblissoption posted:

i've heard tale they also proc rogue perks

They sure do

So the login servers for the game have been down almost 24 hours now, but some people have been able to get on. Ironmace says they are being heavily DDoS’d and seem to be struggling to fix whatever the issue is with a new patch this morning

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Akumos posted:

The low quality ones are pretty worthless, people hear you chug it and get scared or leave very frequently. If you get a green+ one you can pop it early enough to have enough duration to ambush people.
low quality invis pots being powerful enough to terrify people out of an area seems good to me

bards running around spamming aoe damage does hurt invisibility a lot though

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #11**
@everyone, 
We will be doing the hotfix #11 update starting at <t:1694527200>. 
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely. 
The server will return to full service 3 and a half hours after the patch starts.

During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

**Patch Notes:**
- Fixed an issue where the trade pop-up may not properly close.
- Movement speed now has a hard cap of 350.
- The Quarterstaff now deals 100% damage no matter which part of the Quarterstaff hits the opponent.
- Axe Specialization changed from +5 Additional Physical Damage -> +10% Physical Damage Bonus
- Rogue's Double Jump slow on landing duration reduced from 3s -> 2s
- Wizard's Haste duration decreased from 12 -> 6s.
- Wizard's Invisibility duration decreased from 5 -> 3s.
- Movement speed reduced from 70% -> 65% of base movespeed when casting with a Spellbook.
- Movement speed reduced from 70% -> 65% of base movespeed when casting with a Crystal Ball.
- Achilles Strike's Physical Damage on hit reduced from 10 -> 0 dmg, Damage taken per step decreased from 5 -> 1 dmg
- Achilles Strike's Slow debuff increased from  -10% -> -30% movespeed
- Accelerando's duration decreased from 12s -> 8s, and movement speed boost decreased from 5/7/9 -> 3/5/7 movespeed
- Drum's movespeed penalty increased from -20 -> -30 movespeed
- Francisca Axe’s damage has been slightly reduced.
- Bard’s Song of Silence now targets ALL nearby targets including oneself.
- The effect radius of Bard’s Unchained Harmony has been changed from 600 -> 300.
- Bard’s Tranquility now heals 1 recoverable hp/s over 10/20/30 seconds.
- Bard’s Tranquility effect now only applies while resting. 
- Bard’s Chorale of Clarity effect now only applies while resting.

**Developer Comments:**
We are currently looking into ways of slowing down the high tempo of the high end game since it is much faster than we originally envisioned. Although we have some large changes in the works that specifically target the tempo of the game for the next week, we believe that we needed to address the current speed death ball meta in an urgent manner with some hotfixes. We also plan to have a more extensive rework of the Bard class while starting to flesh out the Warlock in the future update along with continual balance changes to better align with the skill vs gear balance we seek.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 12, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Not happy about the barbarian nerfs but being forced to use savage roar again might save my teammates. Can't complain about the general buffball nerfs (which in fairness is partly why barb got hit hard) or bard healing song which is a really good move to make it useless in combat.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 12, 2023

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Bard nerds hitting me hard. Expect a shift to self-buffs. Bards rise up!

Edit: I meant nerfs

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

hot date tonight! posted:

Battlebit's anticheat is also essentially malware, it can send them screenshots of whatever you are doing even when you aren't playing the game.

i'd be okay with games doing a lot more than this if it was effective to actually stop cheaters lol

doesn't bb use a mainstream anticheat, eac?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i'd be okay with games doing a lot more than this if it was effective to actually stop cheaters lol

doesn't bb use a mainstream anticheat, eac?

Yeah, it uses easy anti-cheat.

I had the weirdest luck yesterday. Started in the connector tunnel to the two rooms that have a mage, a bunch of spikes, and a grip of high tier chests. Ended up finding a Radiant Cloak in both of the room's lion's head chests, and this was regular crypts.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #12**
@everyone, 
We will be doing the hotfix #12 update starting at <t:1694701800>. 
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely. 
The server will return to full service 2 hours after the patch starts.
During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

- Fixed several issues that could cause server instability.
- Characters lvl 14 and under will be placed in a seperate matching pool. If any member of a party is lvl 15 or above, the entire party will be placed in the regular matching pool.
- The level requirement to sign up for the for the Trading Post has been increased from lvl 10 -> 15.
- Fixed an issue where the Darkswarm circle would mostly end in the center region of the map.
- Wizard's invisibility has been increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Wizard's Haste has been increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
- Added options to control whether items in the following utility slots are automatically placed in your hand after an item is used.
- Players below level 14 now have their own matching pool.
- The minimum level to use the Trading Post has now been adjusted to level 15.
- Improvements to Ironshield.

**Developer Comments:**
We have decided to try out a separate matching pool for players under lvl 15 to give them a little more time to learn and adjust to game prior to engaging with the Trading Post. We have also adjusted the minimal level required to open the Trading Post feature from level 10 to 15 to sync with this new matchmaking system.

We also realized we may have gone too far with the recent nerfs to the Wizard spells and have slightly increased the duration of the Haste and Invisibility spells. The bard rework and more significant class balance changes are still planned for a future update.

Finally, we discovered a bug with our Darkswarm logic that caused most circles to end in the central region of the maps resulting in many battles being concentrated in a few repetitive modules. We hope this hotfix should expand the playstage a little bit. We are also working on adding more layouts with more variety of center modules in the near future.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Trading post change is bad you'll have funds to buy better stuff and need to clear our stash space before 15 but the rest seems fine.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 14, 2023

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the trading post change is so it isn't absurdly trivial with zero risk to twink out a character to grief lowbie lobbies

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The game is in an interesting spot. The 0-15 lobbies are a good change but the implementation might still need some work. You can still group with 15+ characters and thus via drop transfer get fully kitted (though doesn’t look like this happens often).

Overall I don’t know how I feel about leveling at all in this game. The progression is so fast (can make 0-15 in an evening) that it doesn’t really feel necessary. I think gating via maximum gear score makes more sense (though hard to see how they do that with items in inventory?)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The lobbies aren't a good change due to the playerbase not being large enough to sustain it on top of the fracturing between all the maps - had a number of lobbies of both 0-15 and 15+ take a bit to fill up for crypts when that was never a thing before.

poo poo I had seven straight escapes yesterday in 15+ despite us not being rich or kitted and generally taking fights whenever we could. Somehow avoided a team with a ranger rocking two legendaries but his team was kinda wimpy and he would just try to plink us through a door. In our <15 lobbies we were struggling because some people would be like half blues while we're still in greys and whites.

Gear score is just avoiding the problem with gear itself - the power scaling of gear needs to be flattened. You'd also miss out on getting upgrades/loot for gold killing a kitted team you were better than or got lucky against. Absent changing that the best thing I could come up with was weighing matchmaking based on successful extraction percentage.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 18, 2023

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I think the snowball effect of gearing up and looting and the imbalance in skill, gear etc, wrt play time, is the hardest problem to solve for this game. I don't know much about tarkov, but played a fair amount of rust. The most fun time in Rust is the first week of wipe, and I think the most fun time in DaD is probably similar.

I don't see how they'll be able to keep the charm without doing very quick wipes (1-2 weeks?), which probably feels bad for good players and ultimately feels worse for players with limited playtime.

Eve Online, and every other game with Real Loss(TM) had similar problems, but with easier experiences because of the sandbox nature.

I also don't know how they'll get better character progression, customization, that doesn't lead to higher level > lower level, unless perks, etc are all trade-off based.

Game is still good, but I've had to take a 2 week break for vacationing. Looking forward to next wipe.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
As a completely new player (got this last week) I'm a big fan of the 0-15 lobby. I'm still screwing around learning each class (my highest is an 11 rogue, everything else is 3-8) and not getting completely stomped every match *because of gear* is a big plus. If I get stomped it's because I just straight up got outplayed, didn't know the map, or otherwise similar cause of death. Goblin caves at least are instant queue every time I've done them.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I think the snowball effect of gearing up and looting and the imbalance in skill, gear etc, wrt play time, is the hardest problem to solve for this game. I don't know much about tarkov, but played a fair amount of rust. The most fun time in Rust is the first week of wipe, and I think the most fun time in DaD is probably similar.

I don't see how they'll be able to keep the charm without doing very quick wipes (1-2 weeks?), which probably feels bad for good players and ultimately feels worse for players with limited playtime.

Eve Online, and every other game with Real Loss(TM) had similar problems, but with easier experiences because of the sandbox nature.

I also don't know how they'll get better character progression, customization, that doesn't lead to higher level > lower level, unless perks, etc are all trade-off based.

Game is still good, but I've had to take a 2 week break for vacationing. Looking forward to next wipe.

Hunt Showdown has probably been the most successful when it comes to gear balancing, partially because you don't actually loot hardly any gear in-game but also because there's no item rarity tiers. Most of the loot you get amounts to money to spend on weapons in the lobby, and the weapons themselves are generally quite well-balanced. The late-game guns are strong, but have some weaknesses that early game guns don't.

Obviously it's a much different economy and ecosystem, but it succeeds very well in terms of new players not being at a strict numbers disadvantage over experienced players.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
just let me buy a decent set of greens from the class merchant with my gold, or let me turn in some quest reward stuff for a nice blue piece. game definitely needs some new content soon. add an auction house and get rid of the trade system. the lower level lobbies are definitely fun

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 18, 2023

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

Hunt Showdown has probably been the most successful when it comes to gear balancing, partially because you don't actually loot hardly any gear in-game but also because there's no item rarity tiers. Most of the loot you get amounts to money to spend on weapons in the lobby, and the weapons themselves are generally quite well-balanced. The late-game guns are strong, but have some weaknesses that early game guns don't.

Obviously it's a much different economy and ecosystem, but it succeeds very well in terms of new players not being at a strict numbers disadvantage over experienced players.

It’s kind of a sisyphean task to make more expensive gear seem desirable to incentivize players to go for the objective and take risks but without actually making that equipment overpowered where fights would get decided by loadout more than anything else, but I feel like crytek has come as close to threading that needle as humanly possible. the fact that every single weapon can one-shot a player and the absence of any kind of armor that would let you survive another bullet mean that you always have the ability to overcome the odds against nerds with guns that cost 5x as much as yours, even if the more expensive gear works at a wider range band or has better uptime. My teammate has a clip from a game last month where he personally wiped a trio with what I consider the worst gun in the game, because “worst” is still a real threat at minimum and nobody can get magical headshot armor that would absolve them from having to take it seriously.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Onepeg just dropped a large Q&A video with Iron Mace with tons of new info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_nfwPZlwJ8

Some highlights:
-Multiple enchantment systems are being designed, one potential system would be like Diablo 2 sockets
-As long as is friendly-fire is still in the game they don't want random matchmaking
-After EA IM is looking to release a new class, major content feature, and new locale each season (3 months)
-Developing Blacksmith has taken a significant amount of their resource allocation so some features are taking longer, not working on friends list atm, hoping to get back on Steam, but with there being more players than expected it might be prioritized
-Discussion about the old Ruins->Crypts->Inferno vs Stand-alone map queues
-They are working on a new map in a new locale that could see an early version released in the next 2 months
-Warlock should be getting a summon spell in the next week or two, they also talk about experimenting with players being able to take control of monsters, which probable means Warlocks being able to take control of demons
-They talk about Skill Based and Gear Based matchmaking, which they think wouldn't work well for a bunch of reasons but will be
-Lots of discussion about balancing
-It seems like they sold substantially more EA copies than they were expecting

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

We would like to gather some additional player data prior to the large upcoming balance changes that are planned in the next updates. One of things we are looking to analyze is player participation rate based on the risk/reward of the High Roller dungeons. In order to test this, we will update the entrance cost and total player numbers for the High Roller dungeons with the following changes:

The Goblin Caves High-Roller : 100 Gold entrance fee and 6 players per match.
The Howling Crypt High-Roller: 150 Gold entrance fee and 12 players per match.

We have several other changes in the works to improve the risk/reward balance of the High-Roller dungeons in the upcoming updates. The next large update known as EA Patch #1 is scheduled to be released this Friday. We will hold a live Q&A soon to elucidate our thoughts and upcoming plans. Thank you for your patience while we learn and build a better game for you!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

How many total extracts will there be in HR?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

milkman dad posted:

How many total extracts will there be in HR?

Didn't say but I don't see how this'll make high roller more attractive.

There's an emergency hotfix that may delay Patch #1 by a few days :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #13**
@everyone, 
We will be doing the hotfix #13 update starting at <t:1695324600>. 
The server will return to full service 2 hours after the patch starts.

- Fixed a bug where gold coins could be duplicated.
- Cleric’s base Strength increased from 11 → 13.
- Cleric’s base Agility increased from 11 → 12.
- Cleric’s base Will decreased from 30 → 25.
- Cleric’s base Resourcefullness increased from 5 → 7.
- Rogue’s base Agility decreased from 35 → 30.
- Rogue’s base Resourcefullness increased from 15 → 20.
- Rogue’s Ambush perk damage bonus decreased from 50% → 30%.
- Rogue’s Hide base duration decreased from 60s → 20s.
- Rogue now has Hide Mastery Perk that increases their hide duration.
- Rogue’s Weakpoint Attack’s 50% Weapon Damage Bonus on the initial attack has been removed.
- Rogue’s Weakpoint Attack’s Armor rating debuff has been reduced from -40% → -25%.
- Rogue’s Weakpoint Attack’s Duration 5s → 3s.
- Reduced the damage of all daggers.

We are truly sorry for causing a painful situation for our players.

rip rogues

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's an emergency hotfix that may delay Patch #1 by a few days :(

Patch pushed to Tuesday with a wipe due to the duped gold (which will also get rid of the +3 attribute gear). Characters keep their levels.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Cleric buffs? Or is this an overall nerf?

Although that will nerf probably makes the magic staff build slightly less OP. And also spell scaling will be lower. But maybe not that much.

Ruggan fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 21, 2023

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I'm probably just bad, but movement speed being so important makes this game very un-fun sometimes. Maybe it's by design, but as a fighter I feel like there's nothing I can do against a ranger. They can just endlessly kite you and pincushion you with arrows. Can't fight back with a bow or crossbow; they just out-DPS you because they're a loving ranger. Shield doesn't cover poo poo, even crouched, so blocking is nearly useless while trying to approach. Getting hit slows you for a moment, lol. And if you even see a trap in a doorway it's just over. Checkmate. Can't jump over it. If you try to disarm it you get shot. Can't break it or set it off somehow. Good poo poo. You'll also probably get shot trying to retreat, because of course. The same reason you can't catch them also means you can't escape either, lol.

I mean, I understand it's early access and they're still making tons of changes to the game, but right now it feels bad, and balance passes feel heavy-handed, which also feels bad. The severe nerf to rogues has seemed to make a lot of them switch to ranger overnight. Now getting shot by rangers in the rafters every game is the norm instead of getting shanked in a quarter of a second, and neither is fun or gives much of a chance to even fight back.

Hopefully it's better after whatever "big changes" are coming next week.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Personal Lucubrant posted:

I'm probably just bad, but movement speed being so important makes this game very un-fun sometimes. Maybe it's by design, but as a fighter I feel like there's nothing I can do against a ranger. They can just endlessly kite you and pincushion you with arrows. Can't fight back with a bow or crossbow; they just out-DPS you because they're a loving ranger. Shield doesn't cover poo poo, even crouched, so blocking is nearly useless while trying to approach. Getting hit slows you for a moment, lol. And if you even see a trap in a doorway it's just over. Checkmate. Can't jump over it. If you try to disarm it you get shot. Can't break it or set it off somehow. Good poo poo. You'll also probably get shot trying to retreat, because of course. The same reason you can't catch them also means you can't escape either, lol.

I mean, I understand it's early access and they're still making tons of changes to the game, but right now it feels bad, and balance passes feel heavy-handed, which also feels bad. The severe nerf to rogues has seemed to make a lot of them switch to ranger overnight. Now getting shot by rangers in the rafters every game is the norm instead of getting shanked in a quarter of a second, and neither is fun or gives much of a chance to even fight back.

Get the perk that lets you equip a longbow and shoot them back

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Lemming posted:

Get the perk that lets you equip a longbow and shoot them back

I'm probably just bad, but ... Can't fight back with a bow or crossbow; they just out-DPS you because they're a loving ranger.

^Has been my experience. Sure I can take more arrows before dying, but they can also shoot and move a lot faster than me. I lack the skill to overcome such a disadvantage.

Fake edit: Forgot they also get bread which provides more HP recovery overall than my second wind, and they can also bandage in like 2 seconds with their insane agility and resourcefulness.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

^Has been my experience. Sure I can take more arrows before dying, but they can also shoot and move a lot faster than me. I lack the skill to overcome such a disadvantage.

Fake edit: Forgot they also get bread which provides more HP recovery overall than my second wind, and they can also bandage in like 2 seconds with their insane agility and resourcefulness.

I don't think it just boils down to skill, but if you're getting instantly popped they were probably over geared compared to you, if you're getting cat and moused you probably need to get better at decision making, and if you're unable to compete at range you need to get better at aiming. It's just as hard for them to actually hit you.

I don't think fighters are at any huge significant disadvantage to rangers in the solo queue (assuming that's the context you're talking about) because you can eat through the NPC's more safely, you have better sustain due to armor, and you can fight at all ranges really well

It's also worth trying to play as any class you're struggling against because you'll start to feel their weaknesses right away

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Round shield sucks at blocking arrows, but heater shield is the tits. At some point they'll have to reload and you can gap-close awfully quick with sprint.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
So there's a 'Dark and Darker with the serial numbers filed off' kind of game on steam doing open beta on steam right now. Called Greed is Good. I've not been able to play the latest iterations of Dark and Darker, so I don't know how it stacks up. Anyone have insight on that?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Greed is good looks like a mobile captcha game, would probably steer clear.

There is another one called Project Crawl that looks more interesting

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Shoot them with a crossbow. Chase then with your weapons out away, maybe even remove some armor during the chase and use the rush/sprint skill. Punch them to death.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

fighter can win ranged damage trades vs a ranger if they wear plate, which has projectile resistance. stacking this gear will make trades absurdly lop-sided in the fighter's favor.

if you do not have plate, yes the ranged class has a ranged advantage against you. but you can still win these trades if you outskill the ranger carrying crossbows or longbows. if the ranger is good do not try to trade them unless forced.

most rangers carry triple-shot, and you can avoid the last 2 arrows by using cover when going for ranged trades.

you can crouch jump over ranger traps placed at a door.

with a big shield you can crouch jump along diagonals advancing toward the ranger in a way that protects your head hitbox -- but this is a desperation maneuver if you are crossing a large distance.

do not run a large distance out in the open against a ranger without plate unless forced. a lot of the decision making in games like this is to...just not accept an unfavorable fight and go somewhere else or wait until conditions improve.

the ranger usually does not want to come to you waiting around a corner in melee striking distance unless they really want to fight or they feel they gained a large advantage.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the maps in the game are designed in a grid square system with usually at least 2 doors connecting each grid square. for example, the goblin caves are a 3x3 grid. the howling crypts are a 5x5 grid.

the dark swarm does only about 1 damage/second so with any healing whatsoever you can usually avoid bad fights by just using the grid system and pve aggro management to navigate to a safer area instead of forcing yourself through the one choke screaming it's a terrible bad idea.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rangers have avoided nerfs for quite awhile when something needs to change - not necessarily a direct nerf but being able to stack insane amounts of + weapon damage should dial them back a bit. Real painful to avoid most of their arrows and still lose because their +dmg gear got them above 70 damage per shot. If I were to make a clone of this game I'd leave out the ranged combat class altogether but there are ways to fix them in dnd.

Fighter is probably the best class vs ranger (now that rogue can't one or two tap you from the shadows) but if you're without a ranged option or too bad at hitting shots the trick I use as a barb if I'm sort of stuck in a position where I have to do a full frontal assault is zig zag while crouching and standing and looking straight down/looking straight up. You might get hit a few times but as a chunkier class you can maybe withstand it and whale on them. Then of course they pull out the spear and finish you off.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 23, 2023

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

I mean, yeah, it's probably mostly a skill issue on my part. Also a gear issue because of said skill issue. I do a lot of no/minimal gear runs because I suck. Every once in awhile I'll bring a green set and maybe a blue if I have some gold to afford throwing it away. So usually no plate armor, and no ranged weapon a lot of times either.

I realized I could kill all* the PvE in the goblin caves with the fighter's base kit, but I still suck against other players most of the time. I can put up a fight and occasionally win against other melee classes, even wizards sometimes since they move/cast so slow, but ranger usually feels like an automatic loss. Rogue used to, but feels like it was nerfed too much right now. Still, I've been owned by some rogues with rapiers and fast feet, they just have to work a lot harder for it. Not even mad, total skill issue, lol.
*cave troll still eats my lunch

Found a couple of capes killing skeleton champs, but I'm too scared to wear them because I'll get targeted in the lobby, lol.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

Shoot them with a crossbow. Chase then with your weapons out away, maybe even remove some armor during the chase and use the rush/sprint skill. Punch them to death.

I punched a ranger to death today and it felt good.

E: i started carrying longbow/crossbow in fighter in my base kits.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 24, 2023

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2452090/GREED_IS_GOOD/

Greed is good playtest is out. It looks soooooo much better than DaD, but plays worse because I don't think they've done a balancing pass yet. It really makes you wonder why DaD has to look so ugly and be such a blurry mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So what do we know about "The Fool's Studio"? I recognize so many sounds that are from DaD, pots breaking, sword swings, enemies that do pretty much the same thing, only the dungeons look a lot better lit with different colors throughout.